Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Winter project.... acoustic strat

Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭ martinedwards

Yes, I know all about the Fender Stratacoustic.

I own one. but my son has nicked it and taken it off to Uni.

sooooo.

I LIKE strats. I've owned a load of them over the years, but as the world turns I find myself playing about 95% acoustic, both at home and gigging.

I even have a strat with a piezo bridge and a bone saddle already......

sooooo.....

remember the Gibson acoustic Les Paul? no, didn't think so..... they only sold about 6 of them. Chambered bodied LP with no magnetic pups, JUST a piezo in the bridge......

My cunning plan, is get a reasonable strat.... Squier or Encore say..... take off the scratchplate and bridge.... rout it out completely hollow..... put a spruce acoustic top on it and a regular acoustic bridge with a piezo pickup..... and a preamp strap jack.

unplugged it'll be almost as quiet as an electric, but plugged in, it'll sound like an acoustic, but play like a strat...... and be virtually feedback proof......

I'll let you know how I get on!

Comments

Advertisement