Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Draft 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If Fox's ads are anything to go by they're promoting Roman, Kofi, Becky and Charlotte as their big 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,826 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so are going to have random celebs appear to announce this superstar is going here in some crappy backstage skit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I wish they would incorporate NXT to the draft. It would be fun to see the likes Dolph Ziggler get drafted down to NXT.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I wish they would incorporate NXT to the draft. It would be fun to see the likes Dolph Ziggler get drafted down to NXT.

Good shout and he'd actually be decent down there too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1173294302123954177?s=19

Finally the wild card rule is ending and the draft split is returning

I will not miss the wild card rule at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,829 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just notice the pic includes champs and Charlotte. Why not Shinsuke instead of Charlotte? Or tag champs?
    I know Charlotte's a bigger name but they have the US champ,but nit the IC champ

• Registered Users Posts: 37,826 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

my top picks would be

Raw
    Daniel Bryan
    Nakamura and the IC title
    Finn Balor
    Randy Orton
    Becky Lynch

SD
    Roman Reigns
    Braun Strowman
    AJ Styles and the club (US title)
    Bray Wyatt
    Charlotte

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Said it last draft and i'll say it again, does it really matter, everybody has appeared on both shows at some stage over the years, we've seen all the matches, the same storylines, and barring 1 or 2, the same people will stay at whatever level they're at now.

They should, as mentioned above, send some of them to NXT, that would be somewhat new and might increase interest, otherwise its just the same old stuff again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

For a draft to really matter it needs to last 2 years min imo, these days you can freshen things up with NXT callups so the roster won't be stagnant

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Probably happen in 12 months time, need time to build up the NXT guys with TV audience first before moving them to Smackdown or Raw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,172 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Orton back to Raw, a final push for the legend killer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Smackdown is gonna be the 'A' show now so SD would be for him to get a big push

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I know the wildcard nonsense muddied the water big time but some people are supposed to be Brand exclusive like Bryan is a SD guy atm and I would judge who might move also based on who they would want to avoid / be able to continue feuding with. For example if Bryan is to continue to be involved in a story line where he is involved with Roman (or Harper & Rowan) they might be sticking together. I would be keeping Brock & Roman apart and Brock could become a SD/Fox (and the champ) I could see Roman heading back to Raw (not that he ever really left) and Bryan following as he hasn't ever really been a Raw guy. Harper & Rowan could follow or they then as well but maybe they would finish their stuff with Roman before then (HIAC) and the moves or non moves of people like Strowman or Wyatt might affect where they want to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Smackdown is gonna be the 'A' show now so SD would be for him to get a big push

Raw will continue to be the ‘A’ show. It’s just Smackdown now won’t be all filler

• Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Cole said his goodbye Renee on last night's RAW.

It was no secret she was moving anyway.

I'd like Cole to be taken off the screen for a good while let him produce behind the scenes and maybe do the big 4 PPV's.

Graves needs to rest away from the screen as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Cole said his goodbye Renee on last night's RAW.

It was no secret she was moving anyway.

I'd like Cole to be taken off the screen for a good while let him produce behind the scenes and maybe do the big 4 PPV's.

Graves needs to rest away from the screen as well.

What did he say to her?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 t.singh1

He wouldn't be popular there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 t.singh1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

He will probably stay at SD Live.

Any word yet on the setup for this? Random draw? Superstars selected prior to the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,445 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

You'd assume it will be similar to the one that had in 2016. It might loom random to us watching but again you'd think the networks will have had more input this time over certain superstars being on certain shows/network.

• Advertisement

It's always around now that someone like Crews or Mojo gets moved and it's treated like a big deal. They even get a bit of a push for a couple weeks then disappear again

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

https://twitter.com/JustinBarrasso/status/1182354524901728257
    WWE Draft rules: 30 talents will be eligible to be drafted on SmackDown and 41 on Raw. Since Raw is an hour longer, it will receive 3 picks to every 2 from SD. Tag teams will count as one unless stated otherwise. Those undrafted will be "free" to sign with either brand.

If my understanding of a draft is correct, it involves negotiation and if the other team is willing to let them go. Yet according to this if Raw was said they didn't want to let Rollins go, he could just move on his own?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The preliminary WWE Draft Pools have been determined and designate which WWE Superstars are available for selection on each night.

Below is the full list of draft-eligible Superstars organized by assigned night:

Friday Night SmackDown – Oct. 11
    Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch
    Roman Reigns
    The O.C. (United States Champion AJ Styles, Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson)
    "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt
    Drew McIntyre
    Randy Orton
    Sasha Banks
    Ricochet
    Braun Strowman
    Bobby Lashley
    Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross
    Lacey Evans
    The Viking Raiders (Erik & Ivar)
    SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Revival (Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder)
    Natalya
    The Street Profits (Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins)
    Lucha House Party (Kalisto, Gran Metalik, Lince Dorado)
    Cesaro
    Kevin Owens
    Humberto Carrillo
    Akira Tozawa
    Sin Cara
    Eric Young
    EC3
    Chad Gable
    Heath Slater
    Drew Gulak
    The B-Team (Bo Dallas & Curtis Axel)
    Tamina

Raw – Oct. 14
    Universal Champion Seth Rollins
    WWE Champion Brock Lesnar
    SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair
    Titus O’Neil
    Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura (with Sami Zayn)
    Aleister Black
    The New Day (Kofi Kingston, Big E & Xavier Woods)
    Daniel Bryan
    Bayley
    Luke Harper
    Erick Rowan
    The Miz
    Ali
    King Corbin
    Elias
    Raw Tag Team Champions Dolph Ziggler & Bobby Roode
    Samoa Joe
    WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions The Kabuki Warriors (Asuka & Kairi Sane)
    Rusev
    Cedric Alexander
    Rey Mysterio
    R-Truth
    Carmella
    AOP (Akam & Rezar)
    Heavy Machinery (Tucker & Otis)
    Apollo Crews
    Andrade
    Liv Morgan
    Jinder Mahal
    Buddy Murphy
    Mojo Rawley
    No Way José
    Dana Brooke
    Shelton Benjamin
    Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder
    The IIconics (Billie Kay & Peyton Royce)
    Sarah Logan
    Fire & Desire (Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville)
    Drake Maverick

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Star-studded celebrity lineup, including Alex Rodriguez, Michael Che and Colin Jost, to take part in WWE Draft
    The stars will be out for the WWE Draft.

Fourteen-time MLB All-Star and FOX analyst Alex Rodriguez, "Saturday Night Live's" Michael Che and Colin Jost of "Weekend Update" segments, "Mr. Robot's" Christian Slater, "NFL on FOX's" Joe Buck and Pro Football Hall of Famer Troy Aikman, and "Mad Money" host Jim Cramer are among the celebrities set to take part.

The WWE Draft will determine the rosters of Raw and SmackDown. It begins tomorrow on Friday Night SmackDown at 8 ET/5 PT on FOX and continues Monday on Raw at 8/7 C on USA Network.

Additional personalities scheduled to appear include:

* Kevin Burkhardt and Frank Thomas — FOX MLB analysts

* Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long, Jimmy Johnson and Tony Gonzalez — FOX NFL Sunday

* Ronde Barber, Charles Davis, Chris Spielman and Daryl Johnston — FOX NFL analysts

* Charissa Thompson, Michael Vick and Peter Schrager — FOX NFL Kickoff

* Rob Stone, Brady Quinn, Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart and Urban Meyer — Big Noon Kickoff

* Joel Klatt — FOX College Football analyst

* Dulé Hill of USA's "Psych" and "Suits"

* James Roday of "Psych"

* Marcus Lemonis of "The Profit"

* Margaret Josephs and Melissa Gorga of "Real Housewives of New Jersey"

* Rodney Harrison and Chris Simms — Football Night in America

* Rebecca Lowe, Robbie Mustoe and Kyle Martino — Premier League Live

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If Becky and Charlotte swapped shows do they just hand over titles to each other?

Christ Fox are set to overexpose all their other shows on Smackdown. Fantastic. This is going to be a car crash of a show.

Wait no Erin Andrews ? Booo I say. So smackdown tomorrow night is a basically a Fox sales pitch just using WWE ?

Yeah that sounds like it's just a show with live analysis the whole way with only time for the opening match.
    I can't see many WWE fans being fans of this whole thing.

Then with Raw it'll be none of that when they have more time. Though we get Shawn and Gus which is a good thing

Seems WWE are giving Fox too much control.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah that sounds like it's just a show with live analysis the whole way with only time for the opening match.

Then with Raw it'll be none of that when they have more time.

Seems WWE are giving Fox too much control.

Well to be fair Fox are giving WWE a nice bit of coin so it's hardly surprising WWE are giving fox a bit more input than before.

It's being reported that Stephanie will be one making all the picks like any of the commissioners of the big American sports do. So Steph will be as beloved as roger goddell.

Advertisement