Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vuelta - Stage 19

Options
  • 13-09-2019 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭

Big crash, Roglic down and Movistar missed the crash, went straight to the front and started driving it........Gap already over a minute, and Roglic is alone hanging onto Astana who had Superman Lopez fall as well. Roglic could have the race stolen from him here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Finally they knock it off.

Race wasn't even on and they put the hammer down after the crash.

Omar Fraile giving Valverde a right earful :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Movistar do this a bit too much, time and time again it's them that attack. I get that there's a cultural difference but you'd love to see karma come calling some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Load of Bora on the front. Wondering are they setting this up for Sam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Movistar should have kept going

Rubbish rules that apply ot the guy in 1st but not the guy in 2nd or 3rd or10th or 56th

You wait for all crashes ory ou wait for none

Cycling at times is ridiculous

• Advertisement

Get Sam to Quickstep they're teasing him now

Wow Sam did well there to finish 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Ah I don't f**king believe it... Sam second again and beaten by Deceuninck Quick-Sep!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

2nd for Bennett again.

Is that's 2 stages wins and 3 stage runner ups in this vuelta?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Again a very creditable second for Sam, great result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭happytramp

Great ride by Sam.... Sill in the hunt for green Jersey and a chance to complete hat-trick in Madrid. Here's hoping for a massive break tomorrow with a 10+ min gap.

Jaysus think that might be more then a dodgy bbq

happytramp wrote: »
    Great ride by Sam.... Sill in the hunt for green Jersey and a chance to complete hat-trick in Madrid. Here's hoping for a massive break tomorrow with a 10+ min gap.

He'll need some intermediate points to overhaul Roglic I think, 25 for the win in Madrid:

KsaaeIL.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Sam has been 1st or 2nd on a quarter of the stages, so far.

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    2nd for Bennett again.

Is that's 2 stages wins and 3 stage runner ups in this vuelta?

All stages were won by a different Deceuninck Quick-Step rider when Sam was runner-up!

Very poor camera work and timings by the production team but seemed to me Bora had no one chasing after Archbold peeled off

Bora are more interested in backing Majka for 6th place than wining stages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Inquitus wrote: »
    He'll need some intermediate points to overhaul Roglic I think, 25 for the win in Madrid:

KsaaeIL.png

There's only one intermediate sprint on Sunday so he'd need to take that and the stage win to be equal to Roglic. Roglic would also need to finish outside the top 15 tomorrow.

All stages were won by a different Deceuninck Quick-Step rider when Sam was runner-up!

I gonna say it...can Sam with in Yorkshire at the end of the month?

Worlds is a very hard course but Ireland needs to back Bennett with Dan Martin in reserve

There's only one intermediate sprint on Sunday so he'd need to take that and the stage win to be equal to Roglic. Roglic would also need to finish outside the top 15 tomorrow.

There's an intermediate tomorrow if the peleton goes easy at the start and he gets over the Cat 1. We defo need a break to win tomorrow though and not the GC riders contesting the stage. Wonder when the last time a Sprinter won the Green Jersey at the Vuelta was, I can't remember it.

stage-20-profile.jpg?01

• Advertisement

Degenkolp 2014 and Cav in 2010

Sam said his radio wasn't working. He thought they had caught all the breakaway riders so he thought he was in the lead until he turned the last corner and saw Cavagna!! :(

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Worlds is a very hard course but Ireland needs to back Bennett with Dan Martin in reserve

Bennett is definitely Ireland's strongest option on form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Very poor camera work and timings by the production team but seemed to me Bora had no one chasing after Archbold peeled off

Bora are more interested in backing Majka for 6th place than wining stages

I would agree, what was the idea with the mini split after roglic got back on after the crash. 3 Bora riders and valverde. This led to a stall when it was brought back together again. Disappointed for Sam but his performances this Vuelta have exceeded even my biased expectations. Hopefully he caps it off on Sunday with a stage win.

cunavalos wrote: »
    I would agree, what was the idea with the mini split after roglic got back on after the crash. 3 Bora riders and valverde. This led to a stall when it was brought back together again. Disappointed for Sam but his performances this Vuelta have exceeded even my biased expectations. Hopefully he caps it off on Sunday with a stage win.

He didn't exceed my expectations ...He is the strongest sprinter in the field by a mile

I like more though that he can do the uphill sprints and beat so many classic riders

For me he is a future classics winner ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Inquitus wrote: »
    There's an intermediate tomorrow if the peleton goes easy at the start and he gets over the Cat 1. We defo need a break to win tomorrow though and not the GC riders contesting the stage. Wonder when the last time a Sprinter won the Green Jersey at the Vuelta was, I can't remember it.

Given the racing so far, I'd say there's precisely two chances of that.

If Sam and Roglic were to finish on equal points, what's the protocol? - decision based on highest stage placings?

Seems the UCI is planning to sanction Roglic for using the cars to get back on, it's being discussed by the race jury anyways.

He didn't exceed my expectations ...He is the strongest sprinter in the field by a mile

I like more though that he can do the uphill sprints and beat so many classic riders

For me he is a future classics winner ...

Of course when Bennett gets to DQS next year he will win classics and one day races as well as sprints

That is if he ever gets away from that Bora shower

Of course when Bennett gets to DQS next year he will win classics and one day races as well as sprints

That is if he ever gets away from that Bora shower

It's Hansgrohe that make the showers... Bora make cooktop extractors :D :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement

Advertisement