Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best War Movie EVER - Boardsies Decide

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Entry submitted although I would prefer if it were top 10. There's so many to choose from :)

It will be interesting to see how many movies I haven't watched yet or ever heard of, so I'm looking forward to it from that point of view:)

You'd only end up twice as heartbroken :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

19 entries received and processed.

If I get another few I'd almost just do a round of 64. See how it goes with further entries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭rameire

Just threw in a few or five

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Banjo wrote: »
    in and regretting my decisions already. Ah well, c'est la vie, c'est le guerre....

Same Mate :(
    Could totally pick another pile instead of the 5 I submitted, I tried to be "grown up" and even left out cartoons ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

I'll volunteer! Like a Russian WW2 soldier.

Damn that made me think of another couple for the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Shoots, I forgot about Anthropoid, which other than hearing Cillian Murphy and Jamie Dornan butcher the Czech accent, it was a great movie about the build up to the assassination of the Butcher of Prague. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

PM sent.. so hard to whittle it down to 5. I threw a spanner in the works too :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

PM Sent!
    Nothing too left of field in my choices

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Thanks for all the entries so far. I'm definitely going to do a round of 64 with these. Not quite there movie wise yet (57 individual movies submitted so far). In the event I don't hit 64 I'll quite happily take further suggestions via PM and randomise them to add them to list. Otherwise I'll supplement from those not selected that are highest ranked and not already submitted from the war movie listings on IMDB.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Submitted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Necro wrote: »
    Thanks for all the entries so far. I'm definitely going to do a round of 64 with these. Not quite there movie wise yet (57 individual movies submitted so far). In the event I don't hit 64 I'll quite happily take further suggestions via PM and randomise them to add them to list. Otherwise I'll supplement from those not selected that are highest ranked and not already submitted from the war movie listings on IMDB.

Sent on a few more suggestions. Last one in particular is AMAZING.

Have plenty more if you're stuck.

Thanks for all the suggestions and the entries today folks :)

Pleased to announce we are nearing our quota. With that in mind I'll be closing off sign ups tomorrow evening, so if you want to put some nominations in, or indeed give me some more suggestions you have until 6pm tomorrow :D

Aiming to get some of the first round out and for your voting pleasure then around Friday lunchtime :) This will take a few days at the very least I'm expecting.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ah crap, I'm not home from hols until later tomorrow night. Will you accept a late entry?

Zaph wrote: »
    Ah crap, I'm not home from hols until later tomorrow night. Will you accept a late entry?

Ah go on then :D

I'll take extra care not to look at my PMs till sometime Thursday :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Necro wrote: »
    Ah go on then :D

I'll take extra care not to look at my PMs till sometime Thursday :pac:

Cheers. Hopefully I'll have my picks to you by no later than mid-morning on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Added a few to make numbers up if needed

Numbers well and truly made up, but keep em coming in till tomorrow morning anyways :)

Will likely be a few battle royales in the last 64 between multiple movies with only one nomination each (chosen via random selection).

This is due to my determination not to leave any movies out that have been suggested :D

Got your entry Zaph, danke!

And with that I have more than enough movies to have an absorbing contest.

Gonna draw up the brackets now, the format will differ slightly as a result of so many entries and me not leaving any out :pac:

Mods if ye could change the tag on the thread that would be great!

Voting Thread is now up :D

See y'all tomorrow morning

Advertisement