Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shooting range, which package for a first timer

• 12-09-2019 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi, please bear with me and my ignorance here, I have never fired a gun of any description in my life, but have always wanted to go to a shooting range. I will be in Gdansk in a few weeks time and shooting ranges seem very common and very affordable so I figured it was a good opportunity to tick something off the bucket list! It seems to be advisable to book in advance, so I wonder if you could take a look at the packages below and advise which I should go for? I should point out that I am a female and would have fairly poor upper body strength, so I am wary that my arms might get tired if I go for one of the packages with a lot of ammunition included!

MIX
    89.00zł
    20 .22 LR
    10 x 9 mm
    5 x .38 SPEC
    5 x 7.62x39 KbkAK
    2 tarcze

STANDARD
    129.00zł
    50 x 9 mm
    2 tarcze

MAX
    169.00zł
    15 x 9x19 Para
    10 x .38 SPEC
    7 x 7.62x25 TT
    15 x 9x18 Mak
    5 x .223 Rem
    3 tarcze

I’ll be honest, I haven’t a clue what those guns are or how physically hard they are to shoot so would appreciate any guidance! Link below to the packages. Many thanks in advance
    http://dsteam.pl/en/offer-and-prices

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭JohnFitz2332

looks fairly pricey from what I can see to be honest, considering you're only shooting a few rounds. I presume "tarcze" is Polish for targets?

If you want to shoot different types of guns go for a mixture I guess? Your arms won't get tired. Sure you'd rattle off 100 rounds through a shotgun before you felt anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

I’ve been to two ranges in gdansk, my favourite was this place
    http://strzelnicaczapla.pl
    Its a bit outside the city though

I didnt book a package in either place i was at, i just picked out random guns i wanted to fire, everything from a fully auto tommy gun to a .44 magnum, as it worked out cheaper for me as there were guns in the packages that i had no interest in firing

I wouldn’t worry about your arms getting tired as they never rushed us at either range we went to and my misses had no trouble firing several firearms

As to which package its impossible to say as it all depends what you want to fire, revolvers, pistols, classic guns, semi auto military rifles etc, i reckon tour better off doing some googling and pick the type of firearms you’d like to fire and go from there then to find a package that suits or do like me and just create your own list tailored to what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Thank you both very much for the replies. Looks like I need to do a bit of research and decide what guns I want to try and maybe not bother with the package at all. I'm just conscious of being totally clueless, but hopefully they're used to that and are patient!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Once the fun factor kicks inYou wont get tired,belive us!:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭JohnFitz2332

You'll get bitten by the bug like the rest of us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

You could try a range here before you go as well to give you a little idea as to what is involved. You would at least have some knowledge before you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

ncmc wrote: »
    Hi, please bear with me and my ignorance here, I have never fired a gun of any description in my life, but have always wanted to go to a shooting range. I will be in Gdansk in a few weeks time and shooting ranges seem very common and very affordable so I figured it was a good opportunity to tick something off the bucket list! It seems to be advisable to book in advance, so I wonder if you could take a look at the packages below and advise which I should go for? I should point out that I am a female and would have fairly poor upper body strength, so I am wary that my arms might get tired if I go for one of the packages with a lot of ammunition included!

MIX
    89.00zł
    20 .22 LR
    10 x 9 mm
    5 x .38 SPEC
    5 x 7.62x39 KbkAK
    2 tarcze

STANDARD
    129.00zł
    50 x 9 mm
    2 tarcze

MAX
    169.00zł
    15 x 9x19 Para
    10 x .38 SPEC
    7 x 7.62x25 TT
    15 x 9x18 Mak
    5 x .223 Rem
    3 tarcze

I’ll be honest, I haven’t a clue what those guns are or how physically hard they are to shoot so would appreciate any guidance! Link below to the packages. Many thanks in advance
    http://dsteam.pl/en/offer-and-prices

Listen carefully to the instructor and feel free to ask him/her any questions, there will probably be a different person instructing you on each different gun and you will probably be in a different section of the range for each gun.

It's all very safe and controlled once you follow the instructions, it is also a mighty craic and some people are just naturally good at it.

Take your time with each gun and make sure you get a picture or video for posterity. It is a great craic.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Advertisement