Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Have been waiting for a Marvel Ultimate Alliance price drop since launch, maybe today is the day....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The new Capcom Arcade Stadium is available to download. The game 1943 comes with it free.

However Ghosts 'n Goblins is free until 25 February!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Doodah7 wrote: »
    The new Capcom Arcade Stadium is available to download. The game 1943 comes with it free.

However Ghosts 'n Goblins is free until 25 February!!

score! Nice one thanks :)

Is GnG free after 25th if I download today, or does it get locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sale is live now, check your wishlists.

Highlights from Nintendo Life (prices in GBP):

Among Us £2.72, was £3.89
    Sonic Mania £11.19, was £15.99
    Diablo III: Eternal Collection £24.99, was £49.99
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition £31.49, was £44.99
    BioShock: The Collection £19.99, was £39.99
    Burnout Paradise Remastered £12.49, was £24.99
    Unravel Two £6.24, was £24.99
    Super Meat Boy £4.79, was £11.99
    GRIS £5.79, was £14.49
    Owlboy £11.39, was £18.99
    Sid Meier's Civilization VI £14.84, was £44.99
    DOOM £24.99, was £49.99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

These Switch sales really feel like karmic punishment for all that no-backlog bragging I used to do. Katamari is down 6 god-damn-quid, people, how could you not like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Mr E wrote: »
    Burnout Paradise Remastered £12.49, was £24.99

Been keeping an eye on this. Think it's finally low enough to bite. Has anyone played it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Nothing for me here. Looks like my Switch will be going into hibernation for awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

xckjoo wrote: »
    Been keeping an eye on this. Think it's finally low enough to bite. Has anyone played it?

Yup, plays perfectly. Well worth it at that price!

A few more that are in my dekudeals list (of varying quality)

Road Redemption €19.99 -> €9.99
    Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch €19.99->9.99

Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered €34.99->20.99
    Lonely Mountains: Downhill €19.99->13.39

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Little nightmares €9?
    Lego games 50/70% reduced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone played Divinity 2 on a switch lite or in handheld mode. Recently finished the Witcher and looking for another RPG to get stuck into but will be playing on the switch lite so curious to hear any experiences of it, how it runs, text size, stuff like that.

Just got an email from DekuDeals (about my wishlist):

Price drop (x46): IRONCAST €7,49, Pankapu €2,39, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA €23,99, and 43 more

Jesus. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,090 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Keep saying I want Ys VIII maybe tomorrow €24 seems a good price

• Registered Users Posts: 11,335 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

A few more that are in my dekudeals list (of varying quality)

Road Redemption €19.99 -> €9.99
    Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch €19.99->9.99

Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered €34.99->20.99
    Lonely Mountains: Downhill €19.99->13.39

Lonely Mountains is an exceptional game. Highly recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Amazon UK has Super Mario 3d World for 40 stg, but not to Ireland it would seem. But, keep a watch out, I would say it'll be generally available at that price or less in the next while.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-02-18-nintendo-switch-eshop-digital-deals

"Meanwhile, in the physical world, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury is £39.99 at Amazon UK. The re-release of the Wii U platformer and its brand new expansion has been out for less than a week, so £10 off the price already it a mighty fine saving."

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Gris at 50 percent off looks good. Also south park the fractured but whole about 75 percent off.

Just tried Capcom arcade stadium with Ghosts and Goblins and 1943 free. Wow, a bargain on Switch! Lots of display options too. Eg stretch out to full screen.

GnG won't be free for long ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

YoshiSays wrote: »
    Just tried Capcom arcade stadium with Ghosts and Goblins and 1943 free. Wow, a bargain on Switch! Lots of display options too. Eg stretch out to full screen.

I got it and bought the Stadium 3 collection.
    It's fantastic, I've only played Loop Master so far and it's worth the price, and that's knowing how good Giga Wing and ProGear are.
    By the same token, I can already play these games on multiple systems, including the emulation PC under the TV and the RPi in my arcade cabinet, but it is nice to play them on the Switch, gives me a reason to break out the Hori arcade stick

Lonely Mountains is an exceptional game. Highly recommend it.

Don't tell me that! I might have to buy it now :D

I'm tempted by Road Redemption because I loved Road Rash as a kid but I think the reviews are only OK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I got it and bought the Stadium 3 collection

Whats the Stadium 3 Collection? I can only see Ghouls & Ghosts in the DLC.

Actually, I downloaded Capcom Stadium, saw I had 1943 and downloaded the Ghouls & Ghosts DLC.
    Then it wouldn't let me play G&G and said to restart the game, which I did but its still not working. Seems like I'm missing something here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The_B_Man wrote: »

Actually, I downloaded Capcom Stadium, saw I had 1943 and downloaded the Ghouls & Ghosts DLC.
    Then it wouldn't let me play G&G and said to restart the game, which I did but its still not working. Seems like I'm missing something here.

They've released DLC in three parts, each one covering a different era of Capcom games.
    You will probably find it in the eshop.
    When I select the "playable" filter in the game list it shows me... well those playable games depending on what you have bought.
    What is interesting is that you can select either EU/US roms or Jap roms, it does describe the game sources as roms, and one game at least in the Stadium 3 collection is a Japan only arcade release, now playable on the Switch, which is nice...

The_B_Man wrote: »

That should work. That's what I did, downloaded stadium first then GNG. Maybe clear out those apps - reboot, uninstall and clear data for them then reinstall.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's not much more expensive in Argos/Littlewoods - around 48e or so.

A few adventure bargains.

Broken Sword 5 - €7.49 (€5.48 in South Africa)
    Batman: The Telltale Series - €3.74
    Batman: The Enemy Within - €3.74

That's 30 hours for about €15.

Both Batman games have a Shadows Mode DLC (discounted to €0.99) which looks like it's worth it.
    Makes the game black and white with pops of colour. Looks gorgeous. Check YouTube to see it in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,491 ✭✭✭brevity

I would love if the Arkham Asylum games came to Switch.

YoshiSays wrote: »

GnG is surprisingly playable... still hard as feck... my only experience to date has been the NES version..

1. Get the knife

2. Get the knife

3. GET THE KNIFE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,335 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Don't tell me that! I might have to buy it now :D

I'm tempted by Road Redemption because I loved Road Rash as a kid but I think the reviews are only OK

Do it. It's a beautiful game. Loads of content, relaxing yet relentlessly challenging. The lack of a thumping soundtrack makes it's quite cathartic too.

mrcheez wrote: »
    GnG is surprisingly playable... still hard as feck... my only experience to date has been the NES version..

1. Get the knife

2. Get the knife

3. GET THE KNIFE!!

I have always loved GnG for some strange reason.

I think I first saw a review of the arcade version of it in an old CVG magazine and I was blown away. Just looked amazing. Still think it looks amazing!

Played it on an Amstrad 464 I think and it was so disappointing.

Played arcade version, too hard !

Saw a PC Engine review in a magazine of Ghouls and Ghosts. Blown away!

Played the SNES Super Ghouls and Ghosts. Blown away! Got to end. But need to find some ****e and have to go through it all again... no way!
    Read about this being the PAL version and that it's got slow down etc. Devastated!

Played again years later on MAME, SNES MINI. Just not the same ....

Now I have it free on Switch and I like it!

Need a modern GnG with the old sensibilities, but not that new one they are peddling ... that looks weird like it was designed with MS Paint ...

Yeah I think I mentioned before it looks like a Flash game from Newgrounds or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I think the newer trailer of GnG does it a little more justice. The movement looks a bit iffy but the presentation I'm starting to come round to, the bosses especially look quite good imo.

Advertisement