Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Rive Ultimate Edition for €1.49 (or €1.15 in SA)

Worth a shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭jj880

For me yes. I got it at a similar price a few years ago and liked it a lot. Its a test of memory and precision and has some tough sections. Edit: Actually it was easier as a 1 player game as timing of shooting and jumping is key in the hard sections. I like games like Super Meat Boy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thejaguar

Hi All, Im wondering wheres the best place these days to order a switch to get the best deal?

Is Smyths competitive price wise?

Yes Smyths is competitive. That's where I got mine. They had the best value bundle with Mario Kart 8 (cartridge) when I bought. Its amazing to me how the price of the Switch stays so high 5 years on from release.

Edit: IMO If you would consider a 2nd hand switch I would have a look around your area and see if there are any good deals. I would not be buying a brand new Switch at present. I reckon the Switch will be getting an upgrade soon. Hell Id sell you mine (80 digital games + 15 cartridges) if I wasn't waiting on Zelda BOTW 2.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,560 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,910 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hmm and the game on its own is €59.99.

Tempted though don't need more collectors editions.

Extras aren't bad, big art book, some art cards and 3 themed inlays for the 3 games. Will probably try to grab the new physical release for Bayonetta 1 as well if possible, it's a limited release from "select" retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,910 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I got the double box set on Wii U so never got the switch release. I try not to buy on both Wii U and Switch. Same reason for not getting Mario Kart on Switch.

I got the Wii U CE in the book myself. It would probably be a good idea to upgrade to the Switch versions as they run a good bit better than on the Wii U, still not as good as emulation though.

GameStop now have the Bayonetta 3 CE available for order at €99.99, €20 more than Smyths where it's still available...

GameStop and overcharging for games always go hand in hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Gamestop you get 35% bonus credit with an epic card for preordered games.

€75 worth of games gets you €100 credit

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,552 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I might see if GS have a trade in offer, something I'm not playing anymore getting me Bayonetta 3 for a tenner, or similar.

These are the only reasons I still buy anything in that shop, very uncompetitive prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

For a video game company to put so much investment and shelf space into funko pop figures rather than their core business of selling games it's crazy they should be a one stop shop for all your gaming needs collectors editions guides and top quality games

But nope they turned into a place that's full of junk and shovelware games at overpriced prices with a very short supply of actual games that collectors and gamers want and even then the prices are extremely high new and absolutely insanity gouging 2nd hand. As we all know though it's the only place around.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,552 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I worked there in the Gamesworld days, some 25 years ago, and it was full of interested staff, masses of games both new and preowned.

When it went Gamestop it began the transition into a bland brand of overpriced new games and overpriced preowned titles.

It is such a pity.

Smyths, thankfully, seem to be more competitive with new titles, but then online and eshop sales are ascendant and are likely the death knell to physical titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Don't forget Argos too. Selection can be a bit all over the place but prices can often be lower than elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Gamestop are kinda impressive the sense you go in knowing you're going to be paying more, then their actual prices are still somehow even more than that. I'd a friend use their staff discount to knock a fiver off a game for me once and it still ended up more expensive than what I would've paid in Smyth's were it in stock.

How Argos are still operational with a website like that? That's without getting into whatever they're doing with their mobile site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Picked up Portal Companion for just over €11 from South Africa. Took my Revolut card without issue (through website). €19 normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone know it's worth "going on holiday" to pick up xenoblade 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

Argos drive me mad.When you find a deal, half the time it turns out to be completely out of stock in every store around Ireland and it's not available for home delivery either. The website is full of items that aren't there.

• Advertisement

"only" ... most games I buy are €7 or €8 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Yeah, it was especially galling when they'd their 3DS for pennies but nowhere to be found.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

A very rare bargain from Gamestop. Bravely Default 2 for €19.99.

Kioxia 128gb SD card back in stock on Amazon for £10. 44% discount. Good reviews.

KIOXIA 128GB EXCERIA microSD Memory Card U1 Class 10 100MB/s Max Read Speed, Full HD Video Recording, Blue https://amzn.eu/d/i8xhW9K

The Bioshock Collection (3 games plus all DLC) is now only €9.99 in the eShop.

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/bioshock-the-collection

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

And they all perform pretty well - I finished the first two on the Switch on portable, but not the third, which really does need the bigger screen (and is NOT as good as the first two!)

Well holy crap, talk about money well spent.

Started into XCOM 2 over the bank holiday on a whim, and instantly hooked. I was planning strategies even when not playing and genuinely fearful when a character I built and developed was put in peril.

Brought back all the good memories of the old Terror from the Deep days too.

Crazy I got so much game for €3.50 but those were the days... it's still a decent price on sale at the moment too, €7.99

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Aokay

Bayonetta CE back in stock at Smyths. Shocking that GameStop are charging €100.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/pre-order-games/nintendo-switch-pre-order-games/bayonetta-3-trinity-masquerade-edition-nintendo-switch/p/214939

• Registered Users Posts: 27,921 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Luigi's Mansion 3 Standard Edition is £33 on Amazon.

• Advertisement

Cult of the Lamb is one I've been keeping an eye on. Out tomorrow and the review embargo just passed. Seems to be getting 8s and 9s, so I will be getting it.

It's €24.99 in Europe, but if you have a Brazilian eshop account, it's about €12.50.

It's a mixture of village/cult building sim and roguelike dungeon crawler.

Advertisement