Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,629 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Not a bargain alert so apologies in advance. Anyone here have experience of getting Switch games from Amazon Warehouse? Looking at a game that 'Used - Very Good' condition, but description is general enough. Not sure if I should expect a case or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Capcom Arcade Stadium game packs are now 20% off (€11.99 down from €14.99).

Better still, they now sell games individually for €1.99 each. If you just want Super Street Fighter 2, Ghouls 'n Ghosts and Forgotten Worlds, then just pay for those.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,629 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Don't suppose there's a way of comparing the price of these packs on https://eshop-prices.com/ or similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

• Advertisement

29 rand per game in South Africa which is about €1.70

139 rubles per game in Russia which is also €1.70

Packs are 215 rand (€12.63) and 839 rubles (€10.27).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just bought the two packs I was lacking, pretty great deal.

If people don't own this already, it is discounted as a whole to 29.99, which is great value for the likes of 19XX, Progear and the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

1.99 for individual Capcom games is good. Why can't Nintendo£££££$$$$ do this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Try to remember these are Capcom games from 20+ years ago

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

To be honest, it's people like me that are the problem.

If Capcom released Progear on Switch, and charged 14.99 for it, or even 24.99, I would pay for it.

And Nintendo aren't alone.

The Tiger Heli compilation of that series across Famicom, Megadrive and others is around 40 euro.

The Aleste collection is around 50 or 60 euro.

Deathsmiles I+II is around the same.

They split the Darius series into two compilations, and you have to pay around 90 for the two of them!

So Nintendo aren't the only ones squeezing us for every cent we have

• Advertisement

Override: Mech City Brawl is 96% off on the Japanese eshop right now, I think it's about six euro.

I've no idea how good/bad/ugly it is but figure it's worth a punt at that price

I also bought Moonlighter, disappointment reigned as their was no sign of Dave or Maddy anywhere...

I mean ... 1.99 for nes games, 2.99 for snes, from 20 - 30+ years ago.

So, just the old stuff at least, running on a switch, to own, without having to pay to rent them on switch online.

Just emulation.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

The divergence between the way MS/Sony approach their back catalogue Vs Nintendo is stark.

Buying many titles for the 360/PS3 has meant I can still download them for my PS5/Series X.

But, all those virtual console games I got for the the Wii/3DS... I'm buying them all over again

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

PS4 maybe but only PS3 games that work are through a PSNow sub

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Plants Vs Zombies battle for Neighbourville is only 12 dollars if you have a U.S. eshop account.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Ghosts n Goblins, the original, has beautiful bitmap graphics still. Looks amazing on an oled TV. Bloody hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Update on this if anyone is curious. I picked up Risk of Rain 2 in 'Used Very Good' condition from Amazon. Got it for £11 and first game comes free with the physical release too. Arrived today and its perfect. Just looks like plastic wrapping was removed and was returned.

Pine is at its lowest price ever. Just over 4 euro. Was an absolute state when it first came out but it's had a patch or 3 and supposedly a decent experience now, I'll probably give it a try for that price anyway.

New Super Lucky’s Tale is only 13 euro in Argos. A pretty good 3d platformer imo. It's a code in a box unfortunately but it's significantly cheaper than the eshop (lowest it's been there is 21 euro).

Stock is the problem with Argos but I got it in Kilkenny and hopefully they'll restock pre December.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Not really a bargain alert, but might be useful to know in the future. I think this way allows you to purchase eshop credit for South America (Brazil, Mexico etc.) or anywhere in the world.

You can purchase them using cryptocurrency (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Lightning, Dash, Dogecoin, Litecoin) on Bitrefill, Instantly.

1. Go to Bitrefill.com
    2. Choose Country
    3. Choose Category and/or Product
    4. Select Amount and Purchase.

For example here is Nintendo Credit in Mexico (currently limited to 200MXN per purchase - around €8.40 according to XE, but around €9.95 according to bitrefill).

For anyone that doesn't have or know anything about crypto, the easiest way to buy some and use is probably Belgacoin.com but there is a bit of a delay for small amounts of roughly 24 hours. So if you wanted to buy/top up e.g. Bitcoin with €20 you can create an account and buy straight away but need to wait for it to appear. Usually around 24 hours. After that I think it is Crypto.com or Wirex which are instant but require verification and ID. As do all the exchanges (Kraken, Binance, Coinbase etc). You can also buy crypto using revolut, but I am unsure if you can spend it.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Obligatory BA.. 😜

Stories Untold is €1.99 or €1.74 in Poland (€1.63 in Mexico)

Figment is €2.19 or €1.61 in South Africa

Strange Brigade is €11.99 or €10.41 in Poland

Post edited by Suckit on

• Advertisement

Stories Untold looks like it has a Sinclair ZX Spectrum +2 in it's trailer. Almost a reason on its own for me to buy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

So far, I like it. I had to force myself to put it down earlier to save it.. :D (and as it happens I got a late call to see if I was available for a pint or two 😊)

Definitely a Sinclair at the start.. :) followed by look read open etc.. 🙃

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

Thanks for this! I almost bought this game a while back on Amazon for about €35. Now I've reserved two so I've one for me and one for the kids in my family for Christmas and it was only €26 for both.

That's a great little game, really enjoyed it.

It's a physical cart.

I had it and traded it. Unless there is another version?

I checked Amazon's listing and there is no mention of a download.

Says code in a box on the Argos site

According to Amazon, the Switch version is sold in two formats, code in a box and physical cart, priced accordingly as well.

• Advertisement

Definitely code in box in Argos.

Advertisement