Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda intruder 3 hours ago

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

At 3.40 I woke up to hear someone in my living room. He had opened my front door quietly (not sure how yet, I’ve the only keys).
    I keep a knife under my bed and shouted at him that I was going to slit his throat.
    He said in an Irish enough accent something like ‘come on then’ or ‘go on then’ and then ran out the door. The guards have him on local cctv. I live in drogheda town center.
    He’s about 5’10”, skinny, between 25-35. I don’t want to give other specifics other than let people know that this is someone who is willing to break into a mans house knowing that he’s asleep in the house. I’m 48 but I have elderly neighbors. If he had have broken into their houses he could have hurt them or caused them to have heart attacks.
    If I had have stabbed him I would be in trouble with the guards and his scum associates.i don’t know how the guards deal with this filth day in day out. In fairness to them they were on the street 2 minutes after I rang.
    I’m not sure if I’ll reply to this but I wanted people to know that there are maggots like this in drogheda now willing to break into houses in the middle of the night when they know that there’s people inside.
    I’ve lived in the working class area all my life and never heard of this type of burglary happening. I’m surprised it didn’t end in one of us dead.
    I’m not sure if I’ll reply publicly to this post I’ve things to do over the next few hours with the guards. Not even sure if it’s a good idea to post this . I’ll keep an eye on my private messages in case I can be of help to someone but I may not reply.
    Scumbag is Irish or living in ireland long enough to have an Irish accent.without a doubt he’s done this before. Imagine the mentality needed to break into a house where u know there’s at least one person inside. This is a dangerous piece of ****. I also have a cctv camera with a blue light flashing at the front of the house. Area is also covered with cctv. This scumbag knows he’s only going to get a slap on the wrist if he’s caught. A couple of months of easy time and he’s back out. Safe to say I’m not in a happy place right now.
    As I said, I may reply to pms but probably won’t get into specifics here.

Surely a golf club would be a better defensive tool and easier to explain it's proximity.
    If an intruder either has their own knife or isn't afraid of yours then you have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

This is the gentleman who destroys the well-being of elderly folk by breaking into houses in the Louth/Meath area. He knows people are asleep inside. Have a think about what kind of scum does that.

https://youtu.be/qUvfCIBIZDk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

I had two young scrotes (brothers) from Dundalk break in just over a year and a half ago and I just missed them by ten minutes, they were tracked down by the gardai and received 3 months each. Good CCTV is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Thats pretty clear, someone is bound to recognise him. Will share it on social media

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

This is the gentleman who destroys the well-being of elderly folk by breaking into houses in the Louth/Meath area. He knows people are asleep inside. Have a think about what kind of scum does that.

https://youtu.be/qUvfCIBIZDk

Sorry to read about this Doc, hope you're keeping well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Very surprised this hasn't got more views....

Maybe better suited in after hours to get it a bigger audience.

Sick of seeing these thieving scum bags free to ruin genuine people's lives.

Advertisement