Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hella Mega Tour 2020 (Green Day, Fall Out Boy & Weezer) 29th June 2020 RDS Arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

Haha of course not. It hasn’t been fully updated yet. They easily played over 20 songs.

Was the best gig I was ever at. All 3 bands were on top form….fireworks were loud as **** 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jimbob93

Hey Guys..What road was being used as the entrance to Marley for attendees. Was it Grange Rd or College Rd.

Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Absolutely unbelievable from all 3 bands, best concert iv ever been to. Brilliant crowd also

Did ireland get louder than England?

10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭mightyreds

You could enter both of those, grange road queue was about 2km long so we walked round the park to college road and entered with the buses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I can't believe this **** is still going on at Marlay Park. Especially with the relentless push to get people out of cars and onto public transport and into parks in particular for recreation. The atmosphere there is great once you manage to get in.

Was in Hyde Park Saturday and Sunday for The Stones and Eagles. 65k fans each night. Each gig finished at 10.10pm. Both nights I was back at my friend's house 2.5 miles away at 10.35, and on Saturday there wasn't even mainline rail due to the strike. The attitude in Dublin seems to be: 'Ahh sure let them walk".

Is it Dublin City Council or Dun Laoghaire Rathdown in charge of the Marlay Park arrangements?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,592 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The promoter Festival Republic or MCD is in charge of the arrangements.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

Absolute disgrace for opening this gig. Punters had no chance to see the first band...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭dasdog

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭hynesie08

MCD are a fcuking joke, let's just get that out of the way.

Weezer were fcuking great, really wasn't expecting one of those covers, perfect opening band.

Fall out boy were a lot of fun, I'm completely unfamiliar with anything from the last 10 years, but their crowd ate it up, was shocked how few people seemed to know "a little less 16 candles" thought that would have been a huge singalong. If I had one complaint it's that their show needed more fire

Greenday are Greenday, this formula has been working for them since 05, why mess with it, enough to keep the American idiot fans happy, enough to keep the early fans happy, all wrapped up in way too much energy for lads their age.

Left during the last song and timed the shuttle bus perfectly for the Luas, but heard people were left stranded in dundrum, so once again, fcuk MCD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

But clearly the entrance and exit routes and roads blocked off nearby have to be cleared by the Council specifically the Parks and Roads Departments etc. Instead of examining the feasibility they probably just rubber stamp the whole thing.

Edit: From Marlay Park's Twitter - arranged by MCD, licence from Dun Laoghaire Rathdown.

"Marlay Park 🌳🌼🌸🌱🌲 on Twitter: "The concert days in the park are arranged by @mcd_productions with licence from @dlrcc https://t.co/fifwDy1e9j" / Twitter" https://mobile.twitter.com/MarlayPark/status/1541475298356625410

• Registered Users Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭Fanirish

mcd should of realised with a stacked line up of three acts that there would be huge numbers from gates opening rather than a usual drip feed situation. Not using the other entrance properly was major flaw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Has anyone complained yet and looked for a refund for the shambles and subsequent missing of Weezer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Considering there was still a huge crowd in for Weezer there isn’t much hope

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Was the sound terrible for Fall Out Boy or were we just lucky? It was great for Weezer standing by the merch tent but we got closer for FOB and could barely hear Patrick at all. Went back for Green Day and it was better.

Bit low when Patrick was on piano but I assumed that was intentional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Any report on the marathon bus from and back to custom house? It appears its just one bus in operation for the night. I thought it was at least two

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Heading to GN’R tonight and have a parking space bought. I’m just wondering how is the car park in Marley? Was it chaos?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Parked there before, albeit a few years ago, and was on the M50 is no time, it flowed well. But it's a big IF if MCD have it organised as well this time round, which seems doubtful based on this thread and Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Yeah, same was there years ago and no bother. Can’t believe €25 now to park. Hopefully it’ll discourage a lot of people so traffic may flow better. Who knows?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Parking worked fine!

as did private coaches,

marathan for Dublin was a shambles, but the rest was fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

I didn't move for about an hour after the gig, plenty cars skipping ahead and trying to cut in at the front etc. To be expected I suppose.

One of the stewards was telling me they were giving busses priority leaving. If you get in early you should be towards front of the car park and might get out a bit quicker, I was about half way back.

Judging by last night, there'll be one 15 year old girl working the car park who has to go home at 9 cause she has her junior cert music exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭mollser

We arrived at 5:30 and just cruised in, saw most of Amyl etc - queues were flying along at that point!

What an absolutely brilliant gig, a tiny bit underwhelmed by Weezer (needs more weezer and less cover versions, although they do a good metallica cover), but FOB were outstanding (the fire!) and Green Day were Green Day, same show they've played for 20 years but my word what a show, they are the absolute crack, he's some showman and their tunes are absolutely brilliant - the place was absolutely rocking!

No problems getting beer etc, toilets a bit of a mess but hey its a rock show - weather played ball, outstanding night - one of the very best I've been too - great first return to gigs for me!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Agree the organising of the gig was a joke, only using one entrance was a joke, I'm guessing they can't get staff but still no excuse for this sized gig. Luckily when we just jumped into the que it started to move a lot quicker.

Got in about 2 mins before weezer started so went straight to the gold circle so was happy as they were the main selling point and they didn't dissapoint.

FOB were fine, felt the middle part of their set was a bit boring, although this could have been because I'm not up to date on the newer albums bar a few singles.

Green Day were great, fantastic set with the hits so left happy.

Sadly had to walk 1 hour back to stillorgan to get my friends car since we missed out on the shuttle bus that went from Dundrum.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Give yourself at least an additional hour when queuing to get in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Transport afterwards was a shambles, daughter got home to Galway at 6am. 3 Dublin buses didn’t turn up, are their timetables meaningless?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Unbelievable

Fallout boy suprised me !

Green Day class !

young lad loved it . Thanks to everyone for the advice

Marathon bus from custom quay was no hassle apart from the traffic and lack of air con !

bus back well organized too.

I have to say the venue itself was excellent. No massive qs for beer. Great selection of food .

I’ll be back next year for someone !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Gonna do this on two posts so as to not contaminate it.

Marley Park - never again. Worst venue in Ireland for logistics, how the hell do they keep putting gigs there? Left home in Drumcondra at 3:45 - all the 16 busses were full already, no taxis around, walked to town, still no taxis, got luas to Dundrum and walked the 45mns to Marley. Got to the front door at 5:15 - sorted.

Then saw that they ad a queue going back towards Edmonstown, none towards Dundrum, so had to walk another 1.7km to the back of the queue (https://goo.gl/maps/8EkmtqkeEUBbW54U9), to walk anotehr 1.7k in the queue. Bonkers stuff. When I got to the end of the queue a Garda suggested we keep going to the Coach entrance so we did that.

Got in at 6:15 having arrived there an hour earlier.

I was lucky and got a lift home, but the aftermath looked a mess. Passed the queue for Marathon and there looked a very big queue with no busses in sight. Lots of rants on twitter about people still walking the streets at 2am

Advertisement