Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bush Android phone recommendations

Options
  • 09-09-2019 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭

Edit: title should should "budget". This is what happens when your phone is so slow it can't keep up with your fat fingered typing..

,I've a Moto G4 plus at the minute, but it's showing a few signs of being on its last legs.

My budget is about 220GBP, and it needs to be on Amazon.co.uk (part of the budget is from gift vouchers). I want a headphone jack and NFC (it's about time I got using Google pay). An SD card slot is a plus, but failing that, I'd want larger storage.

All suggestions welcome, I really just want to get away from the slowness of this phone...

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Not sure if its a typo - gonna presume it is as Argos are the retailer of Bush phones. If not, stay away from Bush!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

GBX wrote: »
    Not sure if its a typo - gonna presume it is as Argos are the retailer of Bush phones. If not, stay away from Bush!

That should read "Budget".

So, will this thread die because of the bush typo, or will I get inundated with suggestions as people open the thread to tell me Bush are crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭funnyname

McGaggs wrote: »
    That should read "Budget".

Just bought the moto g7 plus from Amazon Italy for €239, about €280 on Amazon UK, it's replacing the moto g5s plus.

funnyname wrote: »
    Just bought the moto g7 plus from Amazon Italy for €239, about €280 on Amazon UK, it's replacing the moto g5s plus.

Thanks, it pops up when I have a look at what's out there, but I'd fancy a change. I had the original Moto g before this, and the Mrs has a Moto g5s following on from a G2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭GBX

So, will this thread die because of the bush typo, or will I get inundated with suggestions as people open the thread to tell me Bush are crap?

:rolleyes: No. I was just passing on advice.

@funnyname - I was gonna suggest the G7. Does it have NFC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Xiaomi Mi9t

Redmi Note 7

Both very good phones, and should come in around your price.

No, I appreciate it, I'm just annoyed at my typo. The last Bush thing I bought was a c90 cassette tape, and it wasn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭10fathoms

Another vote here for the Moto G7 Plus.

Picked up a dual SIM version on eBay from the Netherlands.

They're an impressive phone for the money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Fabio wrote: »
    Xiaomi Mi9t

Redmi Note 7

Both very good phones, and should come in around your price.

Redmi Note 7 does not have NFC.
    The only Redmi Note with NFC will be the Redmi Note 8 Pro. Its only released in China at moment and Global edition might be months away.

• Advertisement

10fathoms wrote: »

Dual sim and sd card as well

I got mine today but I'm waiting until tonight to swap over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

10fathoms wrote: »

Just got LineageOS this morning. And has new version (better allegdly) of Gcam.

Any opinions on the Honor 10?

Any opinions on the Honor 10?

still a decent phone. looks good and camera is not bad.

battery life not the longest but has fast-charging

Prics are rough estimates. You can probably get them for cheaper if you look around, Germany, Spain and Italy amazon and ebay often cheaper. Chinese sites going up with a few exceptions that include fast EU delivery. But I prefer amazon/EU stores warranty if price difference isn't that much.

mi A3 €175
    Samsung Galaxy A50 €240
    Xiaomi Mi 9T €250
    Honor P30 Lite €255

mi 9t is the best value phone in that price range but not good value on amazon.

as said the honor 10 is not bad but not as good.

glasso wrote: »
    mi 9t is the best value phone in that price range but not good value on amazon.

as said the honor 10 is not bad but not as good.
    Yeah, in the case of the 9T, probably cheaper from eglobal or honorbuy

Yup re NFC

Using it now for about 20 hours and I find it great bar the battery, looking at charging it in the morning and evening but it charges in jig time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Honor 8X is a ridiculous phone for the money

Get over two days out of the battery - big screen - excellent camera - super responsive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Do you need a phone with a good camera to take pictures of your bush?

lawred2 wrote: »

Get over two days out of the battery - big screen - excellent camera - super responsive

It is, but what price is it now?
    I bought one for €170 on amazon Spain, seems to have gone back up to €250 and 9X is out, but not global yet.
    I havent looked around at prices, but if it's around €250 I would look at the other options as it does sell for €200 or less. In which case I would buy it.

Edit
    https://www.amazon.de/Single-SIM-Android-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone-blau/dp/B07HCSP6DQ
    https://www.amazon.es/Honor-Lite-6-21-Doble-Azul/dp/B07L511HRJ

Suckit wrote: »
    It is, but what price is it now?
    I bought one for €170 on amazon Spain, seems to have gone back up to €250 and 9X is out, but not global yet.
    I havent looked around at prices, but if it's around €250 I would look at the other options as it does sell for €200 or less. In which case I would buy it.

Edit
    https://www.amazon.de/Single-SIM-Android-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone-blau/dp/B07HCSP6DQ
    https://www.amazon.es/Honor-Lite-6-21-Doble-Azul/dp/B07L511HRJ

Picked it up on Prime day for 150

Do you need a phone with a good camera to take pictures of your bush?

Yes.

lawred2 wrote: »

Just looking at the specs, have they cut back in order to get the battery to last longer?

Just looking at the specs, have they cut back on order to get the battery to last longer?

Cut back on what?

I think he means is it a lesser quality screen, ram, general hardware etc. to save money.

Not noticeably so. They could have, but I can't see where.
    Huawei make their own chips so they undoubtedly save money there anyway.
    Whereas other budget phone makers can't really save money there, so they cut back on screen, cpu or gpu etc.
    The 8X is a lovely phone, but I wouldn't pay more than €200 for it, mainly because it has sold for less quite often, even if it is worth more. But that's just me.

Suckit wrote: »
    I think he means is it a lesser quality screen, ram, general hardware etc. to save money.

Not noticeably so. They could have, but I can't see where.
    Huawei make their own chips so they undoubtedly save money there anyway.
    Whereas other budget phone makers can't really save money there, so they cut back on screen, cpu or gpu etc.
    The 8X is a lovely phone, but I wouldn't pay more than €200 for it, mainly because it has sold for less quite often, even if it is worth more. But that's just me.

It more than serves my needs anyway and compared to the Moto G5 I had before it - it's like the G5 was a Nokia 3210..

For what I paid for it - it's an outrageously good phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

Lads I want to get a One Plus 7 and on eglobalcentral its 200 euro cheaper than on the one plus site??? Can this be a dodgy site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Any thoughts on the Samsung Galaxy A20e? It's €170 on the Three store.

Advertisement