Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reliable and relatively cheap smart watches?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Discodog wrote: »
    Post the problem on XDA. There is a big thread on GPS issues with the GTR

https://forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/amazfit

Ya I've read through those. Seems like it's an on going issue. I'd prefer to cut my loses and return to amazon and change to a different one. If the stratos had better GPS I might try that

• Registered Users Posts: 15,862 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Ya I've read through those. Seems like it's an on going issue. I'd prefer to cut my loses and return to amazon and change to a different one. If the stratos had better GPS I might try that

According to that thread there is a new firmware update. Might be worth trying. I love my Pace but I never use or need the GPS. I use it as a smart watch rather than a sports watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Sure Thing

I have a Stratos, find GPS excellent, quick to get signal and spot on accuracy

Sure Thing wrote: »
    I have a Stratos, find GPS excellent, quick to get signal and spot on accuracy

Thanks. Tried the GPS on the GTR again today , eventually found signal after 5-6 mins making it pretty much unusable.
    Thinking between the Stratos and a Garmin now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Just got the GTR 47 there and finding it excellent. It's replacing my fitbit blaze and on early impressions I'm finding the steps more accurate.

Can't get notifications to work though. Any suggestions?

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    Just got the GTR 47 there and finding it excellent. It's replacing my fitbit blaze and on early impressions I'm finding the steps more accurate.

Can't get notifications to work though. Any suggestions?

Which app are you using? Amazfit or Mifit? Both seem to work. For notifications does whichever app your using have permission to send notifications?

Have you tried GPS yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

Mi band 3 or 4

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Which app are you using? Amazfit or Mifit? Both seem to work. For notifications does whichever app your using have permission to send notifications?

Have you tried GPS yet?

I have the Amazfit app. Should I try Mifit? Notifications were sent to the blaze and I haven't changed the settings since then.

Just went for a 40 minute walk and GPS was fine and worked straight away.

Advertisement