Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you ever go for massages?

Options
  • 28-08-2019 10:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

I do.

They're my life blood.

I've been massaged by men in the past, but they were blind, and I could have easily outwrestled them.

Woman to man - just like a massage is meant to be.

It's a "hot" experience, even if it's strictly legit.

Kind of annoying when the "masseuse" clearly has done no training in the area and just kind of, lamely pushes oil around.

But a good masseuse?

Pffff - it's like she's massaging you to your very soul - AW LAWD!!!

Anyone else love massage as much as I do?

Do you ever go for massages? 89 votes

Sometimes I stare at the shop from the outside, too afraid to venture beyond the threshold
    64% 57 votes
    I can't even conceive of the depravity that transpires between those walls. Never!
    11% 10 votes
    Down and dirty - they keep the blood running through my veins, a nice, smooth consistency
    3% 3 votes
    lolwut? This is Ireland mate! Next thing you tell me, you wear pink underwear
    21% 19 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 109 ✭✭IIGeminiII

I want too but I'm scared of showing a stranger my body

Only when I was young, and thanks to my mum.

Yeah, she was always sending me on messages.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

IIGeminiII wrote: »
    I want too but I'm scared of showing a stranger my body

Yeah I feel ya.

Until I realized that's half the point of the massage, the getting naked, the oil slicked across the skin, the general depravity of it all - AW LAWD!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Only when I was young, and thanks to my mum.

Yeah, she was always sending me on messages.

I usually get the messages from the shop. Sometimes order online though lololol. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Nope. Yer wan would just think I’m some perv in to get touched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

When i first started going they used to ask me if i wanted a happy ending.. Now they ask me if I even want the massage...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

I love a good massage, anytime I stay in a spa hotel I book in for one. Really relaxing

• Registered Users Posts: 33,144 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Fully qualified massage therapist here, so yes.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Fully qualified massage therapist here, so yes.

How does one become a fully qualified massage therapist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Biggest perv in school gets sent to massage school by career guidance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

No I haven't

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

branie2 wrote: »
    No I haven't

You wouldn’t last long, B.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

No. I'd be afraid I'd get an erection if it was a woman masseuse. I don't want a man touching me.

One studies and earns a qualification in holistic massage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

yup, regularly.

Qualified as a sports massage therapist a number of years ago, took about 18months part time, in that time i was getting massaged twice a week...my body was never in such good condition.

Deep tissue massage i makes me feel human again. I think everyone should get massages. We put our body through a huge amount every day. It needs help resetting itself.

BDI wrote: »
    Biggest perv in school gets sent to massage school by career guidance.

That would have been the vice-principal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I live in Asia and get one pretty much every week. Its my little treat to myself and usually only costs about €15. I get good deep ones to loosen up my lower back muscles as they are in rag order.

I used to be shy about them but now I leap up naked on the table and don't give a damn if it is a female or male.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Witchie wrote: »
    I live in Asia and get one pretty much every week. Its my little treat to myself and usually only costs about €15. I get good deep ones to loosen up my lower back muscles as they are in rag order.

I used to be shy about them but now I leap up naked on the table and don't give a damn if it is a female or male.

Travelling in South East Asia ruined massages for me, was getting them almost daily and I'll tell you those ladies are not gentle- I swear I was sexually assaulted once or twice :eek:. No malice intended or suspected, to them you are a piece of meat there to be tenderized. Can't get a decent massage here anymore, they're way too gentle. Funny thing is, it's doubtful that they have any formal training, it's just something passed on from generation to generation in some places i guess. Or maybe better awareness/ higher importance placed on self care.

BDI wrote: »
    Nope. Yer wan would just think I’m some perv in to get touched.

What I can tell you fren is that, that's what ALL masseuses think, whether its beauty parlor, spa, you local friendly thai massage.

That's - the point.

To get undressed, and to get touched on.

Lillyfae wrote: »
    Travelling in South East Asia ruined massages for me, was getting them almost daily and I'll tell you those ladies are not gentle- I swear I was sexually assaulted once or twice :eek:. No malice intended or suspected, to them you are a piece of meat there to be tenderized. Can't get a decent massage here anymore, they're way too gentle. Funny thing is, it's doubtful that they have any formal training, it's just something passed on from generation to generation in some places i guess. Or maybe better awareness/ higher importance placed on self care.

I agree - it pretty much sucks.

It seems there's little to no training of any masseuse in any Dublin parlor I've been to.

The criteria for employment seems to follow the basic protocol of, "you're young, pretty, and prepared to grope naked men - you're hired!".

Thailand was a great spot of massage - great spot.

When you say, they "molested" you - what's mean?

What exactly transpired that would make you think that?

Massaged by asian men, or women?

• Advertisement

Einstein wrote: »
    yup, regularly.

Qualified as a sports massage therapist a number of years ago, took about 18months part time, in that time i was getting massaged twice a week...my body was never in such good condition.

Deep tissue massage i makes me feel human again. I think everyone should get massages. We put our body through a huge amount every day. It needs help resetting itself.

Recommend any parlors?

When i first started going they used to ask me if i wanted a happy ending.. Now they ask me if I even want the massage...

Oh yeah?

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Oh yeah?

Where?

Ting Tong’s Palace

• Site Banned Posts: 43 Mangofrozo

I've been to some good masseuses in Dublin, the best ones tend to massage everywhere, scalp, face, shoulders, chest, arms, fingers, penis, testicles, buttock, thighs, anus, calfs, ankles and feet.

Ting Tong’s Palace

5luLMf1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 24,913 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Einstein wrote: »
    yup, regularly.

This, when I started giving the gym some serious time a couple of years ago, out of necessity, at the beginning my muscles were feeling completely dead and a weekly visit to a physio made a huge difference..I did feel human again that’s a great description...from limping on the way in to almost being able to go running when we are done. I’d never have contemplated or seen the point of it but it’s super relaxing, super rehabilitative and mighty all round for your wellbeing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

When you say, they "molested" you - what's mean?

What exactly transpired that would make you think that?

Massaged by asian men, or women?

Women- I have no suspicion that it would have been intentional and thus it didn't make me feel in any way vulnerable or violated but like I said, you're a piece of meat and they work until the tension is gone, not paying too much attention to where they're actually massaging :eek:.

Strumms wrote: »
    This, when I started giving the gym some serious time a couple of years ago, out of necessity, at the beginning my muscles were feeling completely dead and a weekly visit to a physio made a huge difference..I did feel human again that’s a great description...from limping on the way in to almost being able to go running when we are done. I’d never have contemplated or seen the point of it but it’s super relaxing, super rehabilitative and mighty all round for your wellbeing...

A physio?

Do physios even do massage?

Lillyfae wrote: »
    Women- I have no suspicion that it would have been intentional and thus it didn't make me feel in any way vulnerable or violated but like I said, you're a piece of meat and they work until the tension is gone, not paying too much attention to where they're actually massaging :eek:.

Okay, so - where exactly did they exactly massage?

And your contention was, they were oblivious to doing it?

We must not leave anything to the imagination in these critical circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Cyclepath

I'm a massage regular. Can't beat a good (professional) massage. It's hard to find a good place but when you do you stick with it!

In my experience there are four types of places in Dublin:
    1. Commercial outfits that will iron out the tension and knots in muscles in a professional non-sexual manner
    2. Beauty outfits that will only reluctantly accept male clients and pretty much just gently oil you and provide a relaxing non sexual experience
    3. Thai Massage outfits that provide a pretty good massage and also offer the extra option of a 'happy ending'. Note that you don't have to accept the offer and they seem unconcerned either way!
    4. Dodgy outfits that use massage as a front to offer sexual services

You can usually tell which is which if you have any common sense or awareness. Feel free to DM me for recommendations for category 1 and the others to avoid :eek:

Advertisement