Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The King - Timothée Chalamet Film

Options
  • 27-08-2019 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

Based on a few Shakepeare plays from what I can tell:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_(2019_film)

Pretty high profile cast. Writer/Director David Michôd last wrote/directed War Machine, the film with Brad Pitt doing the part of the general and his team going around Afghanistan and Iraq and having to behave kinda like a sales team.

Trailer feels like it's gonna be .. tense and violent:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Man Alive! :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

This film is deeply, maddeningly not good. As I wrote elsewhere:

I've seen four films with the Netflix logo in the cinema over the past two weeks, and this is the only one I should have stayed at home for. A tedious historical epic that's lumpen and narcoleptic. Occasionally comes to life, but seems solely built around the build up to the big battle scene (although tbh you're better sticking with Chimes at Midnight for muddy Falstaff-infused battling).

I like Timothée Chalamet, but he doesn't have what's necessary for this role. Who does stand out here, though, is the ever reliable Robert Pattinson, who shows up with a farcical, ludicrous French accent in the latter half of the film. He's in a different film entirely, but he's the amusing, OTT spark I needed to push me through to the end credits.

Advertisement