Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Boy - Netflix - (**Spoilers**)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

Yep agreed on this.

TBH I actually felt Season 4 would have been a decent concluding season (if they tweaked the ending slightly) but understand the need for season 5.

Think it was too rushed as we didn't really have any meaningful character development outside of Stefans.

On mobile so can't figure out the spoilers so il give a bit more thoughts at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

The new season was pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Very rused they could have done a full season on the Irish alone.

The could have the done better job with secondary storyline of Lizzie running off.

Though I do think it was the right ending for the two main characters it was rushed in that final episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

Agree it felt rushed and the ending was satisfying. The Irish gangster plot was just stupid. Did it even last 3 episodes? They had plenty of other good material going on they could have filled out more. Seemed pointless getting two big names like Gleeson & Keoghan in the a blink and you’ll miss it arc. Actually the way it went down they cage across nite as amateurs than hardcore gangsters. I thought Keighans character might have continued but the finality of that arc kind of made me lose some interest in the rest of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I wouldn’t class anyone in top boy as a big name never mind the two mentioned above but that’s just me, the two characters made Lizzie look half decent and the acting too

kano was the biggest star but purely for music

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Very very rushed

It felt like someone sat down and wrote a first draft of how to conclude the series ,but without fleshing it out & expanding on idea's they just ran with the first draft & ended it,

Character's choices & stuff seemed far to rushed & stupid,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

New season was ok - enjoyed it but that most mostly down to being a fan from the first season many years back.

Definitely rushed, another 4 -6 episodes would have helped flesh it out and give the Irish story more time to actually be something more than it was

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Just finished it there. Agree it felt rushed, especially the Irish storyline. Barry Keoghan... he was alright in Love Hate but fúcking awful in this and was the same in Banshees of Inisherin. Like he's just acting slightly weird and awkward and hoping that qualifies and some kind of performance. Maybe if you're foreign you buy into some kind of Irish charm off him but being from Dublin I just think wtf are you at. His accent in this was all over the place too. I did appreciate Sully's suigh síos line though 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah, I’d actually say Gleeson was a bit too Dub and I don’t know what the hell keoghan wasnon. I thought at first he was doing a bad jnpression of a member of tge travelling community but then he wasn’t ready and he half sounded as well like he was from Kildare at times but really it was just a very jarring accent and performance as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Advertisement