Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bus Eireann fleet incidents in Mayo & Tyrone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,756 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I was on a BE service two weeks ago and the door blew open. Driver kept driving for a bit before slowing down to allow it close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

A couple of years ago I was on a bus leaving bus aras. The driver had to get out of his seat and hit the button to close the door aswell as physically pull the door shut. This was repeated at each stop. When we hit the motorway the door was obviously opening as you could feel the draft. The driver took his time on the motorway.

It was one of the double dockers that are suffering from rust at the moment. I was thankful to the driver for continuing on as it was a Friday evening service and I wanted to get home. Those particular types of buses are falling apart both inside and out.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Doors not sealing properly are the result of drivers not waiting for door to fully close before driving off at each stop. Over time this causes damage that results in the whistling and vibrating down the motorway as they no longer seal closed properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

devnull wrote: »
    Doors not sealing properly are the result of drivers not waiting for door to fully close before driving off at each stop. Over time this causes damage that results in the whistling and vibrating down the motorway as they no longer seal closed properly.

Just for clarity.

Is it your position that ALL Door sealing issues are the result of "Drivers not waiting for door to fully close before driving off at each stop" ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Swing doors used to be common as a lower-spec option, particularly for coaches built for service work and were far less trouble but they have fallen out of favour with manufacturers in recent years.
    this is interesting - Toronto’s Bombardier Flexity Outlook streetcars have had a lot of issues meeting mean distance between failure targets with doors (plug) being a big contributor, and Proterra have delivered a first 40’ single deck electric bus here just this week with a rear plug door. Wonder will such issues play into the electric evaluation vs New Flyer (and BYD if they ever appear)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

@Vic_08, what you are saying rings true to me but can you please tone down the name calling in future (ie “make a great corporate PR shill”). Thanks. — moderator

Advertisement