Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Standard Revolut Card + €15 signup bonus

Options
  • 23-08-2019 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭

It is an affiliate link, but not my affiliate link. I tried to share the offer without it, but can't figure out how. If somebody knows a non-affiliated link to it I'll swap it out for it.

€15 is only applied after your initial top up.

https://www.revolut.com/en-IE/aff/18/

Process to benefit from this offer:
    • Open the deal link (You will not be able to benefit from this offer if you do not go through the deal link)
    • Enter your mobile number in the box provided (+353 XXXXXXXXX)
    • Click Start
    • You will receive a download link by SMS
    • Download the application
    • register
    • Order your card in Standard Delivery for free
    • Receive €15 on your Revolut account

Comments

So basically €15 for signing up is there a catch? can I transfer money to my bank of Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

where on the website does it say €15? i think this is a link to a usual referral.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

It's not his affiliate link. Loads more info on the offer here where people have answered most questions

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-standard-revolut-card-10-signup-bonus-top-up-required-fee-free-spending-abroad-at-revolut-new-customers-3283217

I'm using Revolut for a few months now and no way I'd go back to Ulster Bank. I'm 99% a card person and rarely use cash. Ulster Bank were charging for every transaction so saving lots in fees. The app is also a breeze to use. Going on holidays in a few days where I'll save even more on fees too.

Even if you don't get this 15 euro offer I think you should sign up for a new digital bank like Revolut or N26. Even if you're like my parents and have free banking it still has benefits over traditional banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Hi, stupid question for everyone but please indulge me? :)

I've heard about Revolut a bunch but am unclear ***exactly*** what the benefits of having a revolut card are, and their website is too verbose, listing a thousand different things.

What exactly is it and what is it useful for?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

Monokne wrote: »

I've heard about Revolut a bunch but am unclear ***exactly*** what the benefits of having a revolut card are, and their website is too verbose, listing a thousand different things.

Have a look here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057481488

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭KilOit

Not much use in the EU but few years back it saved me a few hundred in south America on atm fees and near perfect exchange rates you wouldn't get from a Irish bank or brick and mortar money exchange in the country you're travelling in.
    Also used it it dodgy areas, load a small amount of money on it and if you get mugged it's no real loss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

1. Excellent exchange rates (midweek)
    2. If your bank doesn't support digital wallets (eg BOI) then you can use this as a stopgap measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

1. Great for buying on Amazon or Ebay
    2. Instant notifications via the App on the phone
    3. Security features like turning off ATM and Online purchasing.
    4. Virtual cards for signing up to sites.

I keep a minimum balance and can top up instantly as and when needed - less fears if the card is stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I went up to the North this week for a few days and it makes life unbelievably easy. Just tap like normal in a shop, no need to exchange any money to sterling.

Can someone tell me if you sign up you get €15 straight away

Is that it? You don’t have to put in any money of your own etc?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Thanks

Pretty sure you have to top up, but I can't check. already have a revolut card so can't take advantage of this offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Thanks all for the info. Sounds like it's worthwhile picking one up, I must do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Did I read something about a €200 per month withdrawal limit, after which fees are levied?

Does that apply just to ATM withdrawal or point of sale tapping also?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Thanks

Top up by 10 first

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Did I read something about a €200 per month withdrawal limit, after which fees are levied?

That's physical withdrawal of cash only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Yamanoto wrote: »

You can withdraw €200 (or is it £200?) per rolling month on the Standard account without incurring charges. There's a 2% levy beyond that. There's also a monthly €3000 withdrawal limit.

All purchases are free from charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Rumple Fugly

So I made an account using the link, then topped up by €10. But didn’t get the €15 free, does it come straight away or did I do something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

So I made an account using the link, then topped up by €10. But didn’t get the €15 free, does it come straight away or did I do something wrong?

Same here. Can you get a card delivered free?
    It shows a charge of €6 for standard or €20 for express, or upgrade for free but still wants to charge for the upgrade which will give free delivery then.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Rumple Fugly

Keith186 wrote: »
    Same here. Can you get a card delivered free?
    It shows a charge of €6 for standard or €20 for express, or upgrade for free but still wants to charge for the upgrade which will give free delivery then.

I think it gave me the option to order one for free. Done it earlier. Still no free €15 though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭Xterminator

no free cash for me either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I think it's credited to you after you use the card for the 1st time.... ie make a purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Is there any point in me getting one of these if I have an N26 account/card already?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Is there any point in me getting one of these if I have an N26 account/card already?

There's no comparison.
    Revolut:
    Instant top ups.
    Spilt bills with friends or instant transfers
    Buy crypto with ease
    Virtual disposable card numbers for stuff you don't want to have to cancel.

I just got N26 and was disappointed that it's no different than my normal bank card. Can't really see the point of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

There's no comparison.
    Revolut:

Isn't that only for premium customers ?

There's no comparison.
    Revolut:
    Instant top ups.
    Spilt bills with friends or instant transfers
    Buy crypto with ease

I just got N26 and was disappointed that it's no different than my normal bank card. Can't really see the point of it.

N26 is a full bank account. IBAN etc. No fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭nantony98

I also didn't get free credit and was being charged €5.99 to have physical card shipped.
    Opened chat with agent last night, he refunded the delivery charge and said the free credit would be added when the card was first used.
    Strange really as the terms say it's added when you top up.We will see what happens when I use the card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

If you wait a week or two before ordering the card, you'll get an email giving you one for free anyway.

nantony98 wrote: »
    I also didn't get free credit and was being charged €5.99 to have physical card shipped.
    Opened chat with agent last night, he refunded the delivery charge and said the free credit would be added when the card was first used.
    Strange really as the terms say it's added when you top up.We will see what happens when I use the card.

I got my cousin to sign up using the link too, he got money into his account after he topped up. He sent €75 to his account to buy something on amazon and paid for it. But he thinks he was topped up by €10 not €15. Still a free €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

I sent my friend a referral link which she used but she seems to be limited to £200 per year ? (She’s in the uk)
    Anyone else have this issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

I had to get onto chat support for the free card delivery and they said there is no free €15 with this offer/link.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement