Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Capture (BBC1) [** Spoilers **]

Options
  • 21-08-2019 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭

Saw this on Facebook today and it looks great. Cast includes Laura Haddock, Ron Perlman and Famke Janssen.

Mini-series starts Tuesday 3rd September, 9pm, BBC One.

Synopsis: An innocent man is falsely accused and the video evidence isn't as it seems.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Quill's mother, Hellboy and Onatopp :) that looks good I'll add to my watch list.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is he innocent?

The footage looks damning but as we saw from his court case, it's not always reliable. The flashback at the end sets it up nicely for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,847 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Errr could they not just clear it all up by looking at the footage inside the bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just watched it this morning. Very good setup. The last scene makes him look guilty but it's misdirection.

My money is on
    his shady friend from the party - I think he liked Hannah too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

I missed the first episode, is there somewhere I can watch it (apart from iplayer which I can’t access since I am in Ireland) - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Debub wrote: »
    I missed the first episode, is there somewhere I can watch it (apart from iplayer which I can’t access since I am in Ireland) - thanks

just google the capture S01e01. Dailymotion link.

Solid first episode. Along the lines of LOD and the bodyguard in terms of modern feel. UK does this kind of TV far better than the US. If it doesn't descend into stupidity it could be really good.

Mr E wrote: »
    Just watched it this morning. Very good setup. The last scene makes him look guilty but it's misdirection.

My money is on
    his shady friend from the party - I think he liked Hannah too...

Re your spoiler not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I have another theory. I'll post after I watch episode 2 tonight. :)

Getting interesting !! I'm calling some huge terrorist plot to London/UK maybe related to the Taliban he killed in ep1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just watched 2 episodes there.
    Loving it so I think I'll put on the 3rd one.

Edit: 3rd isn't up yet
    tenor.gif

I sometimes forget how good a show airing weekly is a good way to hold the drama.

Gotten so used the Netflix binge culture that I forget the wait for anticipation of what happens next can also add to the enjoyment of a show.

Episode 3 tomorrow now I expect some answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Enjoyed that but yer wans pouting is kind of annoying.

Now it's getting interesting with that ending this week.

A bit random the way those people appeared out of nowhere but I'll watch it to the end at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

Heckler wrote: »
    just google the capture S01e01. Dailymotion link.

Solid first episode. Along the lines of LOD and the bodyguard in terms of modern feel. UK does this kind of TV far better than the US. If it doesn't descend into stupidity it could be really good.

Thanks H - watched it last night - have the rest recorded, lets see how it goes

I am finally up to date with this show....it's all a bit bonkers tbh but enjoyable all the same!
    That ending this week!!
    So I am guessing that group at the end are all people (including the lawyer dude who worked with the girl who was killed) that are trying to fight back/help people who are getting framed or setup by the dodgy govt organisation?

I enjoyed the explanation on whats going on and now looking forward to the finale next week.

No sign of Famke Janssen yet in it.

Really enjoyable last episode, It played out really well for me...and defo setup for a second series.

Famke Janssen finally turned up.....her face looks errr different.

Jaysus she bollixed her face up with Botox and it has turned her into a mannequin head.

Really good show and well done with the right ending.

Second season set up there for sure if they go ahead and commission it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Messi19

She looks like she's had a run-in with a few bees

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

Returning for a second series.

Holliday Grainger will reprise her told as DI Rachael Carey, however Callum Turner will not return.

https://twitter.com/TVZone_/status/1268105140260573186/photo/1

Season 2 trailer

On the iPlayer from August 28th

Starting now on BBC 1

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭treascon

Anyone know where I can watch series 1? It says it’s available on Amazon prime but I can’t find it.

I’ve really enjoyed the opening 4 episodes and feels a lot better than the first season.

Charlie Murphy seems to be in everything these days.

I have the season 2 episodes so far on the box might have to start watching. I enjoyed season 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Missed season 1 somehow but 2 is brilliant, 4eps in and I love it

Brilliant end to a great season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Great show!!

Hadn't heard of it before but binge-watched the two seasons in the last few days - a bit like one of those books you just can't put down.

It did a fine job of staying just inside the line of plausible (mostly) and I'd put that down to the acting involved mainly. All were great.

Advertisement