Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

The Remains of the day - movie just broke my heart

• 21-08-2019 3:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭ bo0li5eumx12kp

I normally try and get the frighteners via horrer - but Anthony Kopkins's work is something that I've been looking into more and more currently.

Spoiler -
    that end scene, they grip hands and then part as the bus drives off, Emma Thompson breaks down into a tears, looking at what could have been.
    Pffff - bitch almost had me in tears.

Let me tell you - I grew up a country bumpkin, hapless dip**** with women, also difficulty expressing myself.

But then I learned how to be foul mouthed pick up artist/nightclub sleazeball, and can basically tell chicks most anything she wants to hear.

This film reassures me I made good life decisions.

Only question I have is - how was Anthony Hopkins getting his nut in that film??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭ Mrs Gilhooley

Watched that recently for the first time too. I thought that it, and the performances, were excellent.

I thought it was such a tragic film, the man was rendered emotionally impotent through a stupid classist duty of servitude to ones betters rather than experiencing the passion of his own life :-(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭ bo0li5eumx12kp

Watched that recently for the first time too. I thought that it, and the performances, were excellent.

I thought it was such a tragic film, the man was rendered emotionally impotent through a stupid classist duty of servitude to ones betters rather than experiencing the passion of his own life :-(

Could be.

Though he was clearly a damn fine butler and I hespect that.

Would I equate a sorry love life to a being a good worker?
    Not sure.

But dayum!
    It's heartbreaking cause, I know I can relate to it - or could relate to it.

A man of that age though, the sticking point for me is, I mean - I don't know many dudes that wouldn't at least try to "hit that".

He didn't have to marry the woman but, hell no one would think him less of a man for getting down with the get down at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭ Mrs Gilhooley

He could've at least let her give him a nut sack tickle with her feather duster

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭ bo0li5eumx12kp

He could've at least let her give him a nut sack tickle with her feather duster

ZdyFb6w.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ BDI

Wait till you become a level 7 pua op. I just tell the ladies to meet me after they go see their chick flicks. Sometimes some beta brings them the flicks then I take it from the credits.

• Advertisement
Advertisement