Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Remains of the day - movie just broke my heart

• 21-08-2019 3:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

I normally try and get the frighteners via horrer - but Anthony Kopkins's work is something that I've been looking into more and more currently.

Spoiler -
    that end scene, they grip hands and then part as the bus drives off, Emma Thompson breaks down into a tears, looking at what could have been.
    Pffff - bitch almost had me in tears.

Let me tell you - I grew up a country bumpkin, hapless dip**** with women, also difficulty expressing myself.

But then I learned how to be foul mouthed pick up artist/nightclub sleazeball, and can basically tell chicks most anything she wants to hear.

This film reassures me I made good life decisions.

Only question I have is - how was Anthony Hopkins getting his nut in that film??

Comments

Watched that recently for the first time too. I thought that it, and the performances, were excellent.

I thought it was such a tragic film, the man was rendered emotionally impotent through a stupid classist duty of servitude to ones betters rather than experiencing the passion of his own life :-(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

Watched that recently for the first time too. I thought that it, and the performances, were excellent.

I thought it was such a tragic film, the man was rendered emotionally impotent through a stupid classist duty of servitude to ones betters rather than experiencing the passion of his own life :-(

Could be.

Though he was clearly a damn fine butler and I hespect that.

Would I equate a sorry love life to a being a good worker?
    Not sure.

But dayum!
    It's heartbreaking cause, I know I can relate to it - or could relate to it.

A man of that age though, the sticking point for me is, I mean - I don't know many dudes that wouldn't at least try to "hit that".

He didn't have to marry the woman but, hell no one would think him less of a man for getting down with the get down at least.

He could've at least let her give him a nut sack tickle with her feather duster

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

He could've at least let her give him a nut sack tickle with her feather duster

ZdyFb6w.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Wait till you become a level 7 pua op. I just tell the ladies to meet me after they go see their chick flicks. Sometimes some beta brings them the flicks then I take it from the credits.

• Advertisement
Advertisement