Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do/see in the city on a wet Wednesday.

Options
  • 21-08-2019 12:59pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I'm in Galway for a couple of days with two good acquaintances. We are staying in the city tonight and off to Inishmore tomorrow. I know Galway pretty well - been here many times but it's a decade since I was last in the city centre.

I'm meeting an old friend at 3pm for coffee at the museum, but apart from the pubs is there anything worth seeing in the city centre this afternoon/evening? All suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

what other kinda Wednesdays does galway have?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

It's heritage week so there's loads on

https://www.heritageweek.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

JupiterKid wrote: »
    So I'm in Galway for a couple of days with two good acquaintances. We are staying in the city tonight and off to Inishmore tomorrow. I know Galway pretty well - been here many times but it's a decade since I was last in the city centre.

I'm meeting an old friend at 3pm for coffee at the museum, but apart from the pubs is there anything worth seeing in the city centre this afternoon/evening? All suggestions welcome!

you could try doing an escape room, great craic and they pass an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭inisboffin

There was a great storytelling night on last night but just happens once a month.

Some good stuff for Heritage Week as someone said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Homelander

etxp wrote: »
    you could try doing an escape room, great craic and they pass an hour.

Did one recently, wasn't overly pushed about the idea but it ended up being quite fun and really well done. Can't remember the name of it, but the one beside Sally Longs. Escaped the hard room with about 90 seconds to spare.

• Advertisement
Advertisement