Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

2s in an Open

  • 20-08-2019 8:54pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 7,696 ✭✭✭ blackwhite


    Played in an Open last Sunday in a Dublin club, and when signing in at the Pro Shop was asked if we wanted to enter the 2s. All three of us said yes, paid our entries and we’re recorded as such by the pro.

    By some miracle, I managed to land a bird on the final par 3 of the round - which made up for the 28 points total being returned :pac:

    Question is - as a non-member - should I be giving the pro-shop a phone call to see what was won? First time I’ve come across 2s being done for non-members in an open so not sure on the etiquette. My home club does 2s, but only for members - so not sure how it’s handled when a visitor


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭ dan_ep82


    I had a two in Palmerstown, said it would be recorded under my name for the next time I played there.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭ Hoboo


    blackwhite wrote: »
    Played in an Open last Sunday in a Dublin club, and when signing in at the Pro Shop was asked if we wanted to enter the 2s. All three of us said yes, paid our entries and we’re recorded as such by the pro.

    By some miracle, I managed to land a bird on the final par 3 of the round - which made up for the 28 points total being returned :pac:

    Question is - as a non-member - should I be giving the pro-shop a phone call to see what was won? First time I’ve come across 2s being done for non-members in an open so not sure on the etiquette. My home club does 2s, but only for members - so not sure how it’s handled when a visitor

    Why enter and then not check with the pro shop?


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,696 ✭✭✭ blackwhite


    Hoboo wrote: »
    Why enter and then not check with the pro shop?

    In a rush afterwards to get to airport to collect the OH - beforehand I didn’t think about the logistics of claiming etc


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭ Rikand


    2s is usually credit in the shop. Buy something with your winnings next time you're there ;)


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭ Hoboo


    blackwhite wrote: »
    In a rush afterwards to get to airport to collect the OH - beforehand I didn’t think about the logistics of claiming etc

    I mean the next day, of course give them a call. Don't think they'd take the money from you if you couldn't win.

    I know in our club it's put in the 2's book under a visitor section, they can then use it against shop purchases or green fees.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭ billy3sheets


    A guest of mine won in the 2s at St Margaret's Scratch Cup recently. Pro shop had a voucher for him. I had to ask for him though so I'd reckon you'll need to call the club you played.


  • Registered Users Posts: 871 Remind me


    Majority of the time it’s credit in the shop. My own club don’t do 2’s in open/semi open events


  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭ Dayor Knight


    Had that experience. Lad in pro shop told me it was on account for me. Left it a year or two as I only play there two or three times a year. When I asked earlier this year I was told it had expired at end of year. No complaints at all, it's a sound club, but watch for that!


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,696 ✭✭✭ blackwhite


    Had that experience. Lad in pro shop told me it was on account for me. Left it a year or two as I only play there two or three times a year. When I asked earlier this year I was told it had expired at end of year. No complaints at all, it's a sound club, but watch for that!

    Headed to Spain next month for a weekend's golf, so I'll nip up to this club to purchase a few supplies either this weekend or next!


Advertisement