Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

Yes white people are a minority on the planet.

first off you automatically assume...and wrongly at that , that this western world is predominantly white.the white percentage in the USA, Germany, Britain etc drops each year, and that is without counting nations like Japan, and emerging nations like China, where the white population is miniscule

The fact you think the western world keeps the world going shows how little you have a grasp on things.

Take america for example this so called power that you think keeps the planet going, if you had a clue you would know america not only uses more energy than it generates, it is one of the biggest disasters countries for destroying the planet.

The fact you think western world countries are what keeps the planet going, when in fact its the opposite shows you need to educate yourself

The “Western World” is North America - predominantly white; Europe and bits around Russia - predominately white; Australia and New Zealand predominately White; to come and even attempt to entertain the notion that the likes of Blighty is nothing but predominately white is head banger stuff . The USA is still about 70% white (and far more than that number when you look at people in power in politics and economics ) That’s a safe sizeable margin .

In all the said nations, it is the white man that controls the wheels of power (powa) and that’s all that matters

We are not a minority in the Western World.

The rest of the planet can go **** themselves, the western world are the superior races. Always have and always will

You need to stop deluding yourself .

“Emerging nations like China” ������������.

Being hearing that guff for decades. They will do nothing, all talk . This is an nation, albeit a vastly different one, was conquered by a small island called Japan . Just watch that economy over heat and burst before they “emerge” Good grief

What next ? Going to suggest that Africa offers anything to the world bar its raw materials , which as we have seen since the 1950s , the natives are incapable of governing .

Arab nations like UAE , rely on tourism from Europe, Japan and the US as they know that their oil won’t last forever AND YOU can always rely and the neighbours to blow up into a conflict

South America ? Lol , always a decade away from electing some lunatic dictator

Japanese are white , in fact their women are very big into unblemished white skin .The Japs are good lads and prefer to be with the West on most things and are our BFF . Bigly. Chinese aren’t big fans of the black lads or frankly any other “minority” group

Antares35 wrote: »
    I sometimes wonder how we would have coped with an actual war or famine or plague, when I see the amount of people going on about how restrictions affected their mental health.

The up side would be that the weak would perish. More room in the world without all those whingers.

Who knows, they might surprise use and toughen up, or better still, stop lying and being disingenuous and hi jacking a condition that people genuinely suffer from and thus make a mockery of

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

My wife joined for a few months after our 2nd child to support her buddy. Honestly my wife did not need to go and after a few weeks so was roped into helping out with the admin side so she stuck with it purely for that and she enjoyed the social aspect. She wasnt even weighed anymore as she was the skinniest person in the room. So I heard a lot of the stories etc and the whole 'syns' diary etc etc.

While of course it can work for some people what I found was that there is no basic analysis of food or the macros.

Personally I am involved in long distance endurance running- marathons upwards so I have a good understanding of sports nutrition and foods generally in order to reach race weight. If I want to lose say, 3-4 lbs I can do that in a week no problem. After Christmas I was 11 stone 10- said to wife "No problem. I will be down to 11 stone even by end of February." Of course I was. But then I see women in WW killing and torturing themselves to lose say, 1lb....!

Fair enough I have the motivation to do it but what seems to be fundamentally missing is a lack of basic knowledge of the macros and food i.e. learn about protein, carbs and healthy fats. That is all you need to start with and then build from there.

If you do not understand food and nutrients you are just trapped in a mindless cycle of loss and gain or else you are just a greedy bastard who can't stay away from the pies.

While no doubt it works for a lot of people, the fundamental problem I see with WW is that the basic premise is "You can eat what you want as long as you stay under a certain number of syns". That does not educate and you are still eating the same crap- just sets targets to miss.
    I think I lost all respect for them when they said that avocado was bad because it's high in fat, even though it's one of the best foods for your body. They don't mind peddling their sugar free shíte chocolate bars though. Boxes and boxes of fake rocky road and brownies etc. My mam refuses to eat full fat yoghurt or full fat milk. Everything has to be low fat and sugar free. The stuff they put in instead... Why not eat full fat in moderation? There's almost an aversion to normal food. Oh and they said a bottle of red wine has forty syns so that was the nail in the coffin for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I think I lost all respect for them when they said that avocado was bad because it's high in fat, even though it's one of the best foods for your body. They don't mind peddling their sugar free shíte chocolate bars though. Boxes and boxes of fake rocky road and brownies etc. My mam refuses to eat full fat yoghurt or full fat milk. Everything has to be low fat and sugar free. The stuff they put in instead... Why not eat full fat in moderation? There's almost am aversion to normal food. Oh and they said a bottle of red wine has forty syns so that was the nail in the coffin for me :D

Oh man there is so much wrong right there and it's everywhere. This 'low/no fat' industry is such bollocks. People have been convinvced fat = bad so you must eat low fat/no fat.

Start with basic protein, carbs and healthy fats. Fats are essential- I purposively eat full fat Greek yogurt and I also supplement every day with Omega 3 oil. I am not a dairy milk drinker but if I have to it will be full fat.

Fat is not the problem. Sugar as you mentioned plus refined carbs.

My wife went through a phase of buying WW shakes. I sniffed it one day and it's the exact same as my SIS protein & carb powder I use for recovery. Exact same texture, flavour and taste and protein & carb ratio. The only difference is that the WW stuff is fortified with minerals and vitamins whereas my stuff is not- becuse my stuff is just to aid recovery rather than a meal substitute. Actually I must work out the cost to see how it compares. I am sure a 1kg tub works out helluva lot chepar that 6 small poxy bottles for €10.00.

I don't like taking the powder stuff due to all the extra thickening crap in it but sometimes it is necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

in world war one and two, people were asked to give their lives to fight, and millions died.

Today we have people crying cos they cannot go for a pint and how awful their life is now.

Selfish people who care little for others, or else too dense to comprehend what a pandemic is, and have absolutely no idea what sacrifice is.

Comparing covid and world war are miles apart - the covid 99.9% survival rate for men of a fighting age is the easier gig for sure - so why in fcuks name would you lock yourself away for it and give up 1 year of your life (and counting) for it...

It's wasting your life for nothing...

you think we'd be moaning about a pint if it was Ebola ? cop yourself on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

paw patrol wrote: »
    Comparing covid and world war are miles apart - the covid 99.9% survival rate for men of a fighting age is the easier gig for sure - so why in fcuks name would you lock yourself away for it and give up 1 year of your life (and counting) for it...

It's wasting your life for nothing...

you think we'd be moaning about a pint if it was Ebola ? cop yourself on

If it's not a big deal then why would you give up almost one year (and counting) to ranting, and ranting and ranting and ranting, against covid restrictions? Almost like wasting your life for nothing!

To be fair I'm sure you'd be an absolute animal in the trenches though, if your keyboard prowess is anything to go by

To be fair I'm sure you'd be an absolute animal in the trenches though, if your keyboard prowess is anything to go by

Oh burn....Now that is the funniest post I have read in a while....:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

The rest of the planet can go **** themselves, the western world are the superior races. Always have and always will

You need to stop deluding yourself .

Wow..........

The fact you think whites are superior says more about you.

Wow..........

The fact you think whites are superior says more about you.

Here’s a tip for you, don’t comment when your comprehension skills are none existence !

I said “western world” not “white” . I said “superior races” not “superior race” . For **** sake even when you tagged by statement you still couldn’t sort out your eye sight

Is it stupidity or dishonesty that you are inflicted with ? Genuine question. Pathetic attempt to save face with lies rather than accept the facts that I pointed out about China

I said western world is superior . I never said whites are superior ! Western world does consist of people other than whites , but whites do dominate for the obvious reasons

You go and live in denial all you want my good man , but you are gonna need something better than that faux outrage to cut it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭cms88

Celtic fans are some of if not the most self-entitled in the world. Feel they have a right to win everything every seasons and you better not dare say anything to the contrary. That's before you get started with the Irish fans who think the club is actually Irish...

• Advertisement

Here’s a tip for you, don’t comment when your comprehension skills are none existence !

I said “western world” not “white” . I said “superior races” not “superior race” . For **** sake even when you tagged by statement you still couldn’t sort out your eye sight

Is it stupidity or dishonesty that you are inflicted with ? Genuine question. Pathetic attempt to save face with lies rather than accept the facts that I pointed out about China

I said western world is superior . I never said whites are superior ! Western world does consist of people other than whites , but whites do dominate for the obvious reasons

You go and live in denial all you want my good man , but you are gonna need something better than that faux outrage to cut it .

you said "race" not nation.

Americans are not a race,. they are a nation.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I think I lost all respect for them when they said that avocado was bad because it's high in fat, even though it's one of the best foods for your body. They don't mind peddling their sugar free shíte chocolate bars though. Boxes and boxes of fake rocky road and brownies etc. My mam refuses to eat full fat yoghurt or full fat milk. Everything has to be low fat and sugar free. The stuff they put in instead... Why not eat full fat in moderation? There's almost an aversion to normal food.
    Well they don't sell normal personally sourced food so there's that..

And the big reason for fat = bad is that food manufacturers realised that fats are expensive, but refined sugars are dirt cheap. Tell people fat is bad and you can make up the taste dopamine hit with sugars and increase profits. Ker-ching!.
    Oh and they said a bottle of red wine has forty syns so that was the nail in the coffin for me :D
    Alcohol is a classic case of where calories as a guide are often daft or far more complex. Yes wine has a fair chunk of sugars in it, but the alcohol content ups the calories. Of course it does, but the body excretes it. I've had people be so sure that a vodka and tonic has X amount of calories and will add fat and it's a biological nonsense. Yes if you burn vodka and measure the calories given off it'll give off a load. Of course it will it's not far off petrol. :D A lump of coal is chock full of "calories" too but if you powdered it up and added it to your food you'd not put on an ounce of fat. That's before how "calories" in fats, carbs and proteins are handled differently in the body.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Wibbs wrote: »
    Well they don't sell normal personally sourced food so there's that..

And the big reason for fat = bad is that food manufacturers realised that fats are expensive, but refined sugars are dirt cheap. Tell people fat is bad and you can make up the taste dopamine hit with sugars and increase profits. Ker-ching!.

Alcohol is a classic case of where calories as a guide are often daft or far more complex. Yes wine has a fair chunk of sugars in it, but the alcohol content ups the calories. Of course it does, but the body excretes it. I've had people be so sure that a vodka and tonic has X amount of calories and will add fat and it's a biological nonsense. Yes if you burn vodka and measure the calories given off it'll give off a load. Of course it will it's not far off petrol. :D A lump of coal is chock full of "calories" too but if you powdered it up and added it to your food you'd not put on an ounce of fat. That's before how "calories" in fats, carbs and proteins are handled differently in the body.

One of the best diets I ever followed was having a wrap for dinner with a bottle of merlot. I lost loads of weight... Not sure my liver did too well from it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Sometimes Pearl Jam sound vaguely like Creed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Capitalism is having a much greater destructive effect on the traditional nuclear family than what reactionaries would describe as 'liberals' or 'lefties'.

cms88 wrote: »
    Celtic fans are some of if not the most self-entitled in the world. Feel they have a right to win everything every seasons and you better not dare say anything to the contrary. That's before you get started with the Irish fans who think the club is actually Irish...

True . Plastic Paddies

But , they sure come close to Liverpool FC fans, and Liverpool people in general. Always the victim , they never do wrong .

Hillsborough Stadium disaster , by all means was in part down to utter police negligence and the government cover up and media scapegoating was disposable

However , for **** sake, it’s not like the Scousers were unfamiliar to the set up on Hillsborogh or how dangerous a typical football stadium was back int he day. But nope, hundreds still tried to get into the tiny stand despite blatantly being full , many without tickets . God forbid you can’t state that personal responsibility was non existent that day

Oh and then there was the typical scumbaggery of English hooligans with Hysel. Liverpool are rather cynical in how they market that event when it should frankly be one of the most embarrassing humiliating night of the club. Compare to how Juventus deal with it - and their lot are no angles either

Man Utd and Liverpool fans can bring out the worst in each other - one season LFC fans smash up toilets in Old Trafford and scrawl abuse about Munich air crash. Some United fans return in kind about Hillsborogh n Hysel

Then you caught the nonsense from the Labour councillors and other militant mob in city hall during the 1980s . Eg Derek Hatton and Tony Mulhearn

you said "race" not nation.

Americans are not a race,. they are a nation.

Nope, I said “races” . Also, I said “North America” , not”America”, so ya, definitely not a nation. I pointed out that other colours make up the “western world” too

Christ on a stick

Re read the statement that you tagged and clearly struggled with . I’m embarrassed for you - not personal abuse by the way

“Originally Posted by Randy Archer View Post

You need to stop deluding yourself”

Perhaps pay heed to a wise bit of advice offered to you by paw patrol.

for someone who thinks they are clever , you do get very angry and upset and have to resort to abuse.

you are responsible for what you write, you might thaink other countries are superior, and you certainly seem to think you are superior,

guess that says more about you, I dont class peoples intelligence or what you call superiority by the nation of their birth. You can spin, deflect etc, but white people are a minority on this planet, nothing will alter that statement of fact.
    If you think running your mouth abusing people will make you appear clever, it wont, it will have the opposite effect.

Saying other nations can go **** themselves does not sound like a rational intelligent person otherwise but a person with deep resentment of others.

for someone who thinks they are clever , you do get very angry and upset and have to resort to abuse.

you are responsible for what you write, you might thaink other countries are superior, and you certainly seem to think you are superior,

guess that says more about you, I dont class peoples intelligence or what you call superiority by the nation of their birth. You can spin, deflect etc, but white people are a minority on this planet, nothing will alter that statement of fact.
    If you think running your mouth abusing people will make you appear clever, it wont, it will have the opposite effect.

Saying other nations can go **** themselves does not sound like a rational intelligent person otherwise but a person with deep resentment of others.

Stall the ball. What I wrote was clear . You couldn’t even interpret what was said despite correcting you . Nothing clever about answering you back and exposing your nonsense .

You are the one with the problem with with reading and comprehension. It’s there for everyone to see . Now you cry victim because you have been made to look really thick

The big difference between what I said and what you said is that you lied .

Pay heed to what paw patrol suggested earlier as you are clearly easily triggered and running off the mods

Not in the slightest bit angry , you just have issues being taken down a peg or two. You shouldn’t complain when you lie

A “Deep resentment” of others ? ������ Resent them for what ? Lol . Abject poverty ? Corruption of an epic scale ? Mass murder ? Inability to govern without use of violence ? Severe human rights violations ?

No one could have any resentment towards inferior nations chief ! One ought to pity them, not resent them

Know your place boy !

Mod: Banned

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Randy Archer given a holiday for the torrent of abuse, move on now folks please.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You can spin, deflect etc, but white people are a minority on this planet, nothing will alter that statement of fact.
    A pretty huge minority to be fair. Europe has a population of over 700 million, the vast majority of whom are White, add in 150 million for Russia, the US has a White population of over 200 million, Canada 20 odd million. That's over a billion pale faces right there and that doesn't take into account the European diaspora in Australia, New Zealand, South America, etc.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Capitalism is having a much greater destructive effect on the traditional nuclear family than what reactionaries would describe as 'liberals' or 'lefties'.
    I'd largely agree there. Though I would contend the consumerist culture driven by capitalism narrows it down.

some forms of national pride is almost akin to a form of racism.

for example, currently there is an irish player, playing a canadian player in the world darts championships.

I want the canadian to win, because I think he is a better player., nothing against the irish player
    Why should i support the Irish player ? because he was born in the same country as me ? Is that not judging someone on where they are from.
    his success is not my success. I dont care where someone comes from, if I like them, I like them, regardless of where they come from.

Wibbs wrote: »
    I'd largely agree there. Though I would contend the consumerist culture driven by capitalism narrows it down.

Consider the childhood I had contrasted with these days. I was born in the 70's, my Mother stayed at home a lot and worked at raising us (5 kids). My Father's blue collar job allowed them to buy their first house (right to buy I think).

Now can you imagine what that would cost these days? What would a single earner need to be on to have five children, buy a home, and have their spouse as a full time homemaker? €200,000 a year? That is laughably out of reach for a young couple these days and that is what the 'free market' has wrought on the traditional nuclear family.

The conservatives and reactionaries have been conditioned to believe that the traditional family is under attack from 'the left'. The left is dead, there isn't even a body, it has been incinerated and the ashes have been scattered in the ocean.

If it's not a big deal then why would you give up almost one year (and counting) to ranting, and ranting and ranting and ranting, against covid restrictions? Almost like wasting your life for nothing!

A really weird comment.
    Wasn't that the whole point of my ranting(s) , that the government restrictions were a huge exaggeration to the actual threat and that the numbers didn't add up? But you knew that.
    I get it you wanted a cheap dig for the LOLz and likes..
    but at least try be accurate ....
    Oh burn....Now that is the funniest post I have read in a while....:D

Initially I thought - jaysis it isn't that funny. what is this lad on?

Then I remembered your previous posts that you sit at home while your wife fu*cks other men and i realised we are probably into different things.
    So laugh away pal I hope it was a real belly ache for you.

paw patrol wrote: »
    A really weird comment.
    Wasn't that the whole point of my ranting(s) , that the government restrictions were a huge exaggeration to the actual threat and that the numbers didn't add up? But you knew that.
    I get it you wanted a cheap dig for the LOLz and likes..
    but at least try be accurate ....

Initially I thought - jaysis it isn't that funny. what is this lad on?

Then I remembered your previous posts that you sit at home while your wife fu*cks other men and i realised we are probably into different things.
    So laugh away pal I hope it was a real belly ache for you.

Ah Jaysus man will you relax...you seemed awfully bunged up. You'll end up with an ulcer.

Ah Jaysus man will you relax...you seemed awfully bunged up. You'll end up with an ulcer.

i'll be fine - i've gotten this far without ulcers.
    But thanks for your concern , a clever move I might add - I now feel a little mean for being snarky . well played.

Just heard the news that vaccines are being prioritised for the terminally ill...I am already unimpressed that the over 80s are being prioritised.

But now the terminally ill...why??

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Just heard the news that vaccines are being prioritised for the terminally ill...I am already unimpressed that the over 80s are being prioritised.

Absolutely agree, but the way they're choosing the 'ahh well' demographics suggests that they're not too confident in Pfizer's own testing.

• Advertisement

A 70 year old might have another 20 years ahead of them, a terminally ill 40 year old might have 12 months. That 40-year-old might spend half of the rest of their life isolating if they're only waiting six months for the vaccine.

Advertisement