Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Suggested broker to daytrade US stocks.

• 18-08-2019 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭✭ ali-d1936

Have been keen on investing the last year or so have been watching lots of people trading stocks in the us market, I have been practicing paper trading with tradezero and have been profitable and want to fund a account. Tradezero recently updated there platform and I don't feel comfortable with it anymore. Is there anyone here day trading US stocks and what broker are you using? I hear interactive brokers, suretrader and tradenet are alternatives but interested in hearing what people are using.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ XMG

I use interactive brokers, no problems and the fees are low. Has all the charting tools you need and fairly customizable (hot keys, almost a must if day trading)

I use a stream deck tied to hot keys for fast in and out trades (earnings / news / volatility etc)

I’ll add that using real money is very different to paper trading, as you’ll find out. Good luck and preserve your capital 😊😊

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Jim2007

ali-d1936 wrote: »
    Have been keen on investing the last year or so have been watching lots of people trading stocks in the us market, I have been practicing paper trading with tradezero and have been profitable and want to fund a account.

- Learn the difference between investing and trading
    - Paper trading does not simulate reality and can be very misleading
    - The only way to make consistent money in trading is to be the picks and shovels man.

Advertisement