Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WhatsApp chat recovery problem

Options
  • 15-08-2019 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi, I deleted a chat by accident which I really need to recover. I was able to do this previously by uninstalling WhatsApp and reinstalling it by renaming a previous backup to msgstore.db.crypt12, I then deleted my Google account and reinstalled WhatsApp which worked and I got all my messages back. I have been unsuccessful this time around using this method and I am wondering why and if there is anyway to reinstall this to a previous backup, I cannot use Google drive as the message span back over the last few years and I believe they delete from the drive after a pwriod. I don't get an option anymore to do it from a certain date as it used to when I reinstalled it. Just seems to use Google drive despite me logging out of google off to reinstall. Any help / advise would be appreciated even if there's a shop or someone that knows how to do this I'd really appreciate it.

Jess

Advertisement