Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kona - The Unexpected Journey

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭carbonceiling

what a fantastic read, I really enjoyed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭griffin100

Fantastic read, well done.

Now I want to race somewhere where I need to wear arm coolers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

griffin100 wrote: »
    Fantastic read, well done.

Now I want to race somewhere where I need to wear arm coolers!!

Is this just arm warmers turned inside-out??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭BennyMul

congrats, a great read.
    time to get the bike out of storage

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Thank you for an epic read.
    Many congrats on your race, sounds like you learned loads which will come in very handy for next time!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Great report, thanks for sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Boardcore

Good man Jason, great report.
    You forgot about the Mai Tai's at the after party.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Congratulations great race and report well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

well written, but be honest you would get tired of it if you did not have this midland guy shouting ....going to Disney land is only bearable so often.

out if interest why would you want to go back ?for participating or racing for top 20 place or get your best there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

peter kern wrote: »
    well written, but be honest you would get tired of it if you did not have this midland guy shouting ....going to Disney land is only bearable so often.

out if interest why would you want to go back ?for participating or racing for top 20 place or get your best there ?

You are right, you'd definitely miss the local races and characters.

Why would I like to go back?
    In the days after the race, I was adamant I would never return as the heat and wind broke me. However, as the days passed and it was time to leave the island, those feelings changed and I had a strong urge to return.
    The whole experience was phenomenal, that's one key reason.
    Can I compete into a top 20 position? Genuinely, no I can't. But to me it is all about getting the best out of myself and I think I can hit much better times out there. The heat and the wind may still be there but I'm in the wind most weekends here anyway (maybe just need to man up and not look for that turnoff to avail of a tailwind). The heat is the only real killer.

Boardcore said to me the night after the race that my urge to return would change and I told him he was mad. How right he was.

Realistically though, if I was lucky enough to qualify again, it would be years down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

Boardcore wrote: »
    Good man Jason, great report.
    You forgot about the Mai Tai's at the after party.:)

I'm trying to forget them, they remind me too much of been brushed aside by Jan :D

Advertisement