Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bootcut jeans

Options
  • 14-08-2019 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Right, I'm not from the bog, I don't go mad chasin' after fellas with road frontage, I've never been in Coppers, etc. And I like fashion/style. (Just eliminating all the assumptions - not saying there's anything wrong with all of them).

But all this talk of men's bootcut jeans being the tool of the devil... unless they're poorly fitting - which looks bad for anything, I don't get it. All I see is a pair of jeans and they don't seem particularly bogman either. Can someone explain what's so hideous about them? Thank ye.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Right, I'm not from the bog, I don't go mad chasin' after fellas with road frontage, I've never been in Coppers, etc. And I like fashion/style. (Just eliminating all the assumptions - not saying there's anything wrong with all of them).

But all this talk of men's bootcut jeans being the tool of the devil... unless they're poorly fitting - which looks bad for anything, I don't get it. All I see is a pair of jeans and they don't seem particularly bogman either. Can someone explain what's so hideous about them? Thank ye.

Far better than skinny jeans.
    Who wants jeans that stick to the leg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Rodin wrote: »

Line dancing looks just stupid in skinny jeans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

And to anyone with a problem with 'boot cut' what do you think of 60's flares ?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Boot Cut jeans sup the piss off a mens room floor like Gandhi guzzling a can of Lilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

If they're dark denim, they don't look so bad, but light / bleached boot cut jeans make a guy look like he just got released from the joy after a 20 stretch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Nevermind bootcut, 1970's yellow flares, round shades with baker boy hats are all back,
    just ask the chap with all the 'stlye': I.e. Harry (Styles).
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9622940/harry-styles-yellow-flares-london/
    To be fair, it's a great improvement on the dress incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Gaa players with calves bursting through their skinny Jean's < Bootcuts.

Shlug

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'd take boot cut jeans over skinny ripped jeans any day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Are all bootcut jeans all that bad with the right shoe (i.e. a nice pair of rugged boots)? It's when they're worn with pisscatchers* or a pair of sh*tty runners that things go badly wrong. They're always a risky play though, more likely you'll get the look wrong than right. I steer clear of them anyway.
    * https://www.dailyedge.ie/ultimate-pisscatcher-shoes-2105508-May2015/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Penfailed

It's nigh impossible to buy a pair of bootcuts in a shop these days. It's all skinny, slim or straight...and they look sh1te!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Inferior to the straight leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,424 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

People who fret about the supposed hold Bootcut jeans have over the males of this island are genuinely fcking sad individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,841 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Yurt! wrote: »
    Are all bootcut jeans all that bad with the right shoe (i.e. a nice pair of rugged boots)? It's when they're worn with pisscatchers* or a pair of sh*tty runners that things go badly wrong. They're always a risky play though, more likely you'll get the look wrong than right. I steer clear of them anyway.
    * https://www.dailyedge.ie/ultimate-pisscatcher-shoes-2105508-May2015/

Rumplestiltskin must be their target audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Tuco88

I find the slim/skinny stretch jeans very comfortable, like a pair of sweatpants/Joggers.

The super skinny ones are just stupid really.

Bootcut jeans are fine with boots... Just piss/puke soakers with shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,599 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Rodin wrote: »

There's a happy medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I thought once there not skinny it's all good. So where's the best place to buy jeans these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,485 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

wranglers, nice boot cut jeans there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

If they hug your hips and make your arse look good enough to bite they are doing the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Penfailed wrote: »
    It's nigh impossible to buy a pair of bootcuts in a shop these days. It's all skinny, slim or straight...and they look sh1te!

Dunnes selling them still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Here’s hoping Aongus von Bismarck picks this up. He’s a fan of boot cut jeans

• Registered Users Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Used to wear Boot Cut. Went into a shop in Berlin looking for a pair about 10 years ago. The girl politely suggested I cop my self ta fuq on and try Regular or Slim fit. Best advice I ever got. I’ll never get the wasted Boot Cut years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,424 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Here’s hoping Aongus von Bismarck picks this up. He’s a fan of boot cut jeans

Pretty sure he has a google alert set up to keep him updated on these pressing matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Boot cut jeans, a phrase that always reminds me of the ads for unique (a mens clothes shop) on the now defunct City channel. They used to reel off offers on clothes and every second item was boot cut jeans, a phrase which they shot out at 100MPH.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,902 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Eh I wear boots, I need bootcut jeans. That's the point, for them to be able to fall over the boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭jcorr

Straight leg for me.

Though I like when a woman wears it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

It's not the bootcut jeans thats the issue really, its what footwear is worn with them and the combination of the two.

As above if you are wearing boots then it makes sense to have bootcut jeans that fall over them. If you are wearing trainers or 'pisscatchers' as referred to earlier then chances are they are too long, they probably look bad and you are dragging the bottom of them along the ground making bits of them which is where a straight cut or skinny would be a better option. The right jeans with the right footwear and its all good!

Bootcut jeans is what you see on casual days at work, worn by fellas in their 40s who never had any dress sense, usually worn with hiking shoes. It's not a good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,485 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

If they hug your hips and make your arse look good enough to bite they are doing the job.

Bootcut does the job better than any effeminate skinny jean on men.

2000254145_400_P5.JPG?sw=980&sh=980&sm=fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,389 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I don’t know what the hell any of you people are talking about.

There’s more than one type of jeans?

Advertisement