Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alphabet Sheep - Movies!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

17 entries so far, and I can happily say some of the traps have been walked in to...

Whether they activate or not is a mystery, even to me :D

Keep em comin' folks :0

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I don’t understand. So if you don’t specify which movie in the trilogy it’ll count as you e. So to give a book example if you say A Song of Ice and Fire it’ll group with other people who said the same but not with others who said A Games of Thrones or A Feast of Crows who’ll both count separately?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭wally79

quickbeam wrote: »
    I don’t understand. So if you don’t specify which movie in the trilogy it’ll count as you e. So to give a book example if you say A Song of Ice and Fire it’ll group with other people who said the same but not with others who said A Games of Thrones or A Feast of Crows who’ll both count separately?

Yes

No wrong answers
    Just need to be the same as others

quickbeam wrote: »

Correcto. Each individual book is it's own, in its own right, but if someone uses the overarching title, it wouldn't be fair to those who picked a specific book, so it has to be separated.

Could be a Rikand-style lesson in there somewhere ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I think that makes more sense than the alternative, because then you'd be incentivised to go for multi-movie franchises wherever possible to maximise coverage, and since there are 4 million marvel movies you could cover a LOT of ground by using an MCU film wherever there's one that fits the letter. Which is basically every letter.

So yeah - I say name the series if you want, name the film if you want. If there's crossover in the name of the series and the film, the film takes precedence. At the end of the day it's not about films or serieses, it's "did your answer match the other answers" and spelling mistakes aside in my humble opinion as a highly opinionated first time player who has no ****ing clue what he's talking about I think the matching is what's important.

In the example you cite, individual players have to figure out would people go for the most popular book or the name of the series. It's quite a good example in that there's one book who's title is better known than the series name, so there's a lot of room for inner turmoil. Isn't that what this is about? Creating IBS for your brain?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Okay, thanks. This could influence my answers ;)

Ah here if we are marking against spelling ive no chance :pac:

Is it possible to change a movie if you've already submitted your choices?

Ah here if we are marking against spelling ive no chance :pac:

Spelling mistakes won't matter. They'll be scored based on what I thought they were meant to be ;)

Is it possible to change a movie if you've already submitted your choices?

Sure, just resend the full list though so it's easy for me to update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Just popped my answers in now. So many choices!

23 Entries in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

tusk wrote: »
    23 Entries in :D

Did I enter?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Did I enter?

yup

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Just in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

yup

Ah, I shall look forward my answers so.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Entered! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

In.

Suspect I haven't thought of some very obvious ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

juke wrote: »
    In.

Suspect I haven't thought of some very obvious ones.

Join the club.

I don't follow the latest trends in movies and rarely bandwagon on any too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Entered. It's actually harder than you'd think :)

Not sure on the latest tally but looking like a good number. Still a week left to enter so tell yizzer friends :P

I tried to overthink me first couple of drafts. Nice, simple, bread and butter this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I tried to overthink me first couple of drafts. Nice, simple, bread and butter this time.

You mean...?

Bread-and-Butter-poster1.jpg

Wehey!!!

We've got 30 sheepers :D

Feck it better get in so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

I think I may need to change some of mine after last night's sheep! Now I'm overthinking it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Wehey!!!

We've got 30 sheepers :D
    Baaaaaaa

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I'm in. Struggled on a few!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭munster87

In!

Advertisement