Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Morning Show [Apple]

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I liked both seasons so far overall, that trailer for the upcoming one kinda a whole bunch of nothing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Enjoyed the first two episodes, even though the plot line in episode 1 is a bit ludicrous even for this show.

A more general problem with this show is that it’s highly serialised yet there is such a long gap between seasons that I can barely remember what happened in season 2 never mind season 1, which happened an eternity ago. I get that’s probably a consequence of having hired the talent they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I rewatched the first 2 seasons recently, it had been too long since I'd seen either and I needed a recap before season 3. I actually enjoyed season 2 more than watching it the first time around.

I liked the new episode last night. Hints of previous troubles with Bradley...looks promising.

I'll be watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Good to see Nicole Beharie back on screen in a main role after it appeared she got blacklisted after being fired from Sleepy Hollow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

i watched the second episode of the new season earlier and I’m confused as to why Alex was so melodramatic about Chip and Isabell after they left? Her shock at walking in on them, but saying she was happy for them and wanting to celebrate something good for change, she went back into a panic mode after they left. It was very over the top.

Is the show not popular on the boards or is that not many people have a TV+ subscription?

I don’t actually know anyone with a TV+, Prime, etc. - it is all Netflix and a very small few with Disney+.

I didn’t recognise her at all.

I fell behind on SLEEPY HOLLOW, never got the chance to get back into it.

I think this season is very good. Much better than the 2nd.

Did something happen before between Alex and Chip? He was in a different relationship at the end of 1st season, it obviously ended but who knows why?

As for little interest in this show, I don't have TV+, or an iPhone. I only have a subscription on my MacBook, so I can watch The Morning Show. I hardly watch any television, but I like what I like.

If you mean have Chip and Alex had an affair or something? No.

Season 3 is set two years after season 2 and I assume returning to work for Alex killed that engagement as she takes up most of his time.

I watched the Upfronts episode the other day and how Stella dealing with the advertisers was disturbing as hell but I’m not sure that I believe this would ever happen. Why would the waitress do that? It isn’t like she couldn’t walk away and she was hardly likely to get fired. If she had walked away in disgust the scene would have been just as effective in regard to the affect it had on Stella.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

Do I have to watch Season 2 to watch Season 3?

I've seen season 1 and thought it was decent.

Season 2 had bad reviews so I didn't bother with it.

Of course you do! Too much happens that's important. And that's my saying it even though I thought 2nd season was mediocre furst time around, until I watched 1st and 2nd seasons back to back recently.

(Surely that'd be like reaching your 40th birthday without having lived through your 30s, even if they were just average years.)

• Advertisement

It wasn't pleasant seeing how the waitress was treated, but the tip was hugely enticing, so...Stella seemed sickened by it, and this made sense after most recent episode.

I always felt Chip had a thing for Alex, and I still think so. I'm really enjoying this season.

Yes but nobody was forcing her to do it but that is how the actress played it. The actresses and actors all played the parts very well but it didn’t make sense as it was Stella under pressure, not the waitress. If the waitress has said to Stella to eff herself and walked away it would have better.

Maybe I’m missing something.

I just watched the CoVid flashback episode that revealed the Corey/Bradley secret but I’m now I’m confused by another reference. At the start of the episode Bradley says going to Montana is not because of what happened between herself and Corey during Hal’s relapse - what did happen? I remember Corey say big he loved her but I thought that was a different episode

Advertisement