Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the end of Democrat front runner Joe Biden?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,159 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Makes for a funny meme, until you realize it’s totally asinine.

Ivanka Trump, along with her brothers, oversaw development and acquisitions at the Trump Organization. She led some of the company’s largest and most complex transactions, and founded an eponymous lifestyle brand. She was also a runway model and socialite. Ms Trump graduated from the prestigious Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania in 2004.

Ivanka Trump has been included in Fortune magazine’s prestigious “40 Under 40” list in 2014, was honored as a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum in 2015. And was featured in Time’s 100 Most Influential list and Forbes’ “World’s 100 Most Powerful Women,” both in 2017.

In her role as advisor to the President she focuses on the education and economic empowerment of women and their families as well as job creation and economic growth through workforce development, skills training and entrepreneurship.

Now tell me about Hunter Biden. (I expect crickets)

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    Makes for a funny meme, until you realize it’s totally asinine.

Ivanka Trump, along with her brothers, oversaw development and acquisitions at the Trump Organization. She led some of the company’s largest and most complex transactions, and founded an eponymous lifestyle brand. She was also a runway model and socialite. Ms Trump graduated from the prestigious Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania in 2004.

Ivanka Trump has been included in Fortune magazine’s prestigious “40 Under 40” list in 2014, was honored as a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum in 2015. And was featured in Time’s 100 Most Influential list and Forbes’ “World’s 100 Most Powerful Women,” both in 2017.

In her role as advisor to the President she focuses on the education and economic empowerment of women and their families as well as job creation and economic growth through workforce development, skills training and entrepreneurship.

Now tell me about Hunter Biden. (I expect crickets)

and i'm sure daddys money played no part in ANY of that. Pull the other one.

and i'm sure daddys money played no part in ANY of that. Pull the other one.
    I see you got nothing.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,703 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Hunter Bidens career track is on Wikipedia. Hint: he’s more credible than Ivanka

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

Overheal wrote: »
    Hunter Bidens career track is on Wikipedia. Hint: he’s more credible than Ivanka

Whoops:

CEFC China Energy

Biden helped Chinese businessman Ye Jianming negotiate a deal for Ye's company CEFC China Energy to make a $40 million investment in a liquefied natural gas project at Monkey Island, Louisiana. Ye gifted Biden a 2.8 carat diamond, which Biden said he gave away. Biden agreed to legally represent Ye's deputy, Patrick Ho, for investigations in the United States. Ho was eventually arrested and jailed in the U.S. for bribery. In 2018, the CEFC deal collapsed after Ye was detained in China, reportedly for corruption.

randomspud wrote: »
    Whoops:

CEFC China Energy

Biden helped Chinese businessman Ye Jianming negotiate a deal for Ye's company CEFC China Energy to make a $40 million investment in a liquefied natural gas project at Monkey Island, Louisiana. Ye gifted Biden a 2.8 carat diamond, which Biden said he gave away. Biden agreed to legally represent Ye's deputy, Patrick Ho, for investigations in the United States. Ho was eventually arrested and jailed in the U.S. for bribery. In 2018, the CEFC deal collapsed after Ye was detained in China, reportedly for corruption.

Yeah its a good job the Trumps have such a good record for honest dealing to compare to.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,703 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Whoops:

CEFC China Energy

Ah so you did go to the page and found the decades long curriculum vitae. Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Honestly who gives a **** about Hunter ****ing Biden.

Is he currently running for office or has he run for office in the past? No he isn't and no he hasn't.

Those trump ****ers are engaging in all sorts of mad **** and people ****ing rabbiting on about Hunter Biden. Give me a ****ing break.

DrumSteve wrote: »

Is he currently running for office or has he run for office in the past? No he isn't and no he hasn't.

Those trump ****ers are engaging in all sorts of mad **** and people ****ing rabbiting on about Hunter Biden. Give me a ****ing break.
    It matters because Joe Biden might be the USA’s next president, and there needs to be answers to the question of whether Joe Biden when he was vice president participated in a corrupt scheme in Ukraine to enrich either himself or his son. We don’t want to elect a crooked leader. Even some of the Democrats star witnesses in the impeachment inquiry stated there should be an investigation into Joe and his son’s dealings. And we should apply the Trump standard... We’ll hire an independent counsel, and provide them with a staff of 16 high priced lawyers, an unlimited budget and two years to do the work, in order to see if there is any evidence that Biden or his son violated either US or Ukrainian law! You would agree there shouldn’t be double standards for Republicans and Democrats, right?

• Advertisement

It matters because Joe Biden might be the USA’s next president, and there needs to be answers to the question of whether Joe Biden when he was vice president participated in a corrupt scheme in Ukraine to enrich either himself or his son. We don’t want to elect a crooked leader. Even some of the Democrats star witnesses in the impeachment inquiry stated there should be an investigation into Joe and his son’s dealings. And we should apply the Trump standard... We’ll hire an independent counsel, and provide them with a staff of 16 high priced lawyers, an unlimited budget and two years to do the work, in order to see if there is any evidence that Biden or his son violated either US or Ukrainian law! You would agree there shouldn’t be double standards for Republicans and Democrats, right?

He didn't. the ukranians investigated. they found nothing. Happy to help.

He didn't. the ukranians investigated. they found nothing. Happy to help.
    Incorrect. But now that Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham is launching a probe of the Bidens, Burisma and Ukraine, hopefully the truth in the matter will finally come out. Hey, Joe Biden should welcome the probe so that he has the chance to clear his name, right? The fact that Democrats have made Joe and Hunter Biden off-limits to any investigation makes the question of potential wrongdoing even more pressing to the voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

DrumSteve wrote: »

You can bribe a parent by giving money to their child. This is never ever ever mentioned in Ireland but it is obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

it seems like Bloomberg is there to split Biden's support?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    it seems like Bloomberg is there to split Biden's support?

Bloomberg's entry into the race will both help and hurt Joe Biden. Bloomberg News has announced they will not investigate Michael Bloomberg or Democratic rivals. Journalistic integrity be damned, I guess. Of course they’ll investigate Trump, ad nauseum, since their reporters now have so much extra time on their hands. So they’ll dig into everything they can to hurt Trump but ignore Bloomberg and his Democratic rivals. How can Bloomberg News even call themselves a news organization with such one sided prejudice? With this flagrant bias they should just shut down operations until Bloomberg either drops out or the election is over. Joe Biden should be quite happy he doesn't have to fear one powerful news organization looking into corruption on his and his son's behavior.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-bloomberg-news/bloomberg-news-will-not-investigate-michael-bloomberg-or-democratic-rivals-idUSKBN1XY0MP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Bloomberg's entry into the race will both help and hurt Joe Biden. Bloomberg News has announced they will not investigate Michael Bloomberg or Democratic rivals. Journalistic integrity be damned, I guess. Of course they’ll investigate Trump, ad nauseum, since their reporters now have so much extra time on their hands. So they’ll dig into everything they can to hurt Trump but ignore Bloomberg and his Democratic rivals. How can Bloomberg News even call themselves a news organization with such one sided prejudice? With this flagrant bias they should just shut down operations until Bloomberg either drops out or the election is over. Joe Biden should be quite happy he doesn't have to fear one powerful news organization looking into corruption on his and his son's behavior.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-bloomberg-news/bloomberg-news-will-not-investigate-michael-bloomberg-or-democratic-rivals-idUSKBN1XY0MP

Ya as Fox News will not be the same Trump:)

Ya as Fox News will not be the same Trump:)
    You don't watch Fox News, do you? Their news division is different then their pundits. They report on everything regarding the GOP... the good, the bad and the ugly. In addition, Fox always has Democrat panelists and commentators, with is rare to find any non never-Trumper GOP members on any left leaning media entities (which is pretty much anyone but FNC). The mainstream media pretty much act as an arm of the DNC in their reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,600 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

You don't watch Fox News, do you? Their news division is different then their pundits. They report on everything regarding the GOP... the good, the bad and the ugly. In addition, Fox always has Democrat panelists and commentators, with is rare to find any non never-Trumper GOP members on any left leaning media entities (which is pretty much anyone but FNC). The mainstream media pretty much act as an arm of the DNC in their reporting.

You mean that poor misfortune fella that is hauled on and ridiculed at everything he says on The Five or whatever it's called?

f4zjy1tzjp4z.jpg

Boggles wrote: »
    You mean that poor misfortune fella that is hauled on and ridiculed at everything he says on The Five or whatever it's called?

f4zjy1tzjp4z.jpg
    At least FNC has someone like Juan on staff. Can't say as much for the other networks.

And he’s just one. Donna Brazile is another. You remember her, right... former chair of the Democratic National Committee?

Here’s a list of FNC commentators...
    https://www.foxnews.com/person/personalities3
    Pretty mixed bunch, wouldn’t you say?

Plus, on a number of pundits shows FNC often has a split screen with one commentator from the left and one from the right battling it out on current affairs. Show me any other network that is as balanced in their approach? Good luck with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,026 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Biden now favourite with most bookies for the nomination. Warren has drifted out to third

• Advertisement

Biden now favourite with most bookies for the nomination. Warren has drifted out to third
    That may be the case but it’s being reported that Obama said of Biden that ‘he doesn’t have it’ to win the election. Also, Obama also said he will do what it takes to keep Sanders from getting the DNC nomination. It looks more and more like Hillary will jump into the race before Super Tuesday… especially since Bloomberg has gained no interest in his bid.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/26/obama-once-admitted-joe-biden-doesnt-have-it-for-2020-bid-report/
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/obama-bernie-sanders-2020-nomination_n_5ddd31a1e4b00149f724793b

And regarding Ukraine and Biden… Trump, as the top law enforcement dog in the country, had every right to ask Ukraine about their interference in the 2016 election and to make sure corruption wasn't still rampant, and to look into a potential crime by Biden for the quid pro quo regarding his son. There is a law that Trump as president can’t release money to countries he suspects of corruption/wrongdoing. So I wonder if the impeachment scam, which is gaining no traction, will be changed 180 degrees by the Democrats to go after Trump for releasing the money without assurances that Ukraine didn’t do what their current impeachment inquiry is trying to impeach him for doing. I wouldn't put it past the Democrats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

Trump is going to annihilate whatever loser that they can drum up anyway.

I hope it ends up being Hilary so that she can be humiliated again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

how are his finances?if he is starved of finance he will be forced to drop out

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Oh, boy, Joe’s losing it. A Warren supporter in Iowa asked Joe Biden about his son Hunter’s work for Burisma in Ukraine. Joe got angry at the town-hall questioner and challenges him to a push-up contest and IQ test. If he can’t handle simple questions from some random guy how is he going to hold up to Lindsey Graham when he’s on the stand at Trump’s impeachment trial?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

There's a theory doing the rounds that part of the impeachment push is to to tie up Warren and Sanders leaving Joe with time to campaign. He might need all the help he can get...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

Trump is going to annihilate whatever loser that they can drum up anyway.

I hope it ends up being Hilary so that she can be humiliated again.

American economy doing well = Trump landslide

Fact is Americans don't give a s h it about the background noise once they can put food on the table and gas in the SUV.

As Bill Clinton once said "it's the economy stupid"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

True and if he can avoid involving the US in a new conflict, he is half way there.

I may go see Joe if he decides to extend his 'No Malarkey Tour' and bring it to his birthplace. But I better practice up in case he demands I drop and give him 20.

If any sort of "credible" candidate emerges from the Democrats, mark my words, a "war" of some description will be created somewhere in the world, just before the election, with American involvement - it will allow Trump to be seen as the "alpha male" -

Ah yes...just in time ;)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110926545&postcount=40

• Advertisement

Are you saying Joe struck a deal with Iran to attack our embassy in order to save his failing candidacy and make Trump look bad by starting a war? That's conspiracy stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement