Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hormones

• 08-08-2019 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Hi all,

Since I got my period at 12, they have been irregular. Any little change of diet or exercise regime has them all over the place, but I will usually get them within three months. I haven't got them since September. I have also put on 2 stone and I'm finding it very hard to lose it. I do exercise though.

I got blood tests done and everything came back normal, they even checked my cholesterol and it was normal, thank god. Do I just take this as everything is ok, or should I look into it??

I've been tested for PCOS, under and over active thyroid and other things a lot, and they always come back clear.

My weight is getting me down, and the fact I'm not menstruating is bothersome to me. I am not in a relationship so I am not worried about ovulating, but I would like to get to the bottom of it.

Any non medical advice you ladies can give me?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I know you posted this a while ago but I have to deal with quite similar things. After I had my daughter I put around 20kg on out of nowhere and struggle to shed it.
    I'm also getting my period every 2-5 months without any regularity and the last time I got it I didn't stop bleeding for weeks and I had to go to A&E one night. They did a few tests and found out that my body can't produce enough testosterone anymore and has a pretty significant hormone imbalance.

Apparently this isn't as rare as you might think and unfortunately the only way to get a hang of it is taking Progesterone until you hit menopause. You need to absolutely push for getting your hormones tested, it took me years and a lot of heartbreak to find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,642 ✭✭✭✭fits

Get it checked out. Really any irregularity should be looked at.

Advertisement