Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stumptown - US-Pace- ABC (**Spoilers**)

Options
  • 07-08-2019 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭

One of the better casts for the new shows starting this season Cobie Smulders, Jake Johnson, and Michael Ealy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks fun. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Could have sworn I've seen that trailer before. That's the Marvel Universe Maria Hill right?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Slydice wrote: »
    Could have sworn I've seen that trailer before. That's the Marvel Universe Maria Hill right?

That's her.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

That's her.

MCU
    Or is it??????
    :eek:

I really liked the pilot it did a great job introducing the cast and Cobie Smulders is kick ass.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I really liked the pilot it did a great job introducing the cast and Cobie Smulders is kick ass.
    Agree with this; nice setup and characters so far and can go places without being excessive in the story lines. Reminds me of private eyes in that sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

The pilot was really good. Some great music too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

yeah good first episode. Not sure Smulders is charismatic enough to lead a show.

Decent 2nd episode. Liked that we got a little more back story into Dex's life. The fight scenes are pretty solid also.

I didn't realise this was based on a graphic novel it was only when they were doing the freeze frames coloring that I had a google.

Ye a solid follow up episode to the pilot I kind of like that Dex can't fight for sh1t and gets beaten up just as much as whoever she fights.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

No one spotted the episode 2 easter egg of the tape started playing "Private eyes" series theme song?

Cobie looks great with the 70's Charlie Angels look.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,172 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I've been really enjoying this the cast are just so likable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

It has a well devloped cast of characters at this stage but i'm surpirsed it hasnt devloped a season arc. Kind of reminds me of magnum pi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

It has a well devloped cast of characters at this stage but i'm surpirsed it hasnt devloped a season arc. Kind of reminds me of magnum pi
    Certainly has that feel. 3 episodes in; the cheesy background music (not the tape music- clever touch) would normally be a clear indicator of poor quality, but not so here. The best opening episode of this kind of show in a long time; obs gonna be hard to maintain it, but the excellently cast Cobie Smulders has a character with a lot of scope for good storylines, with plenty of action. Bubblegum stuff, but quite enjoyable. Thanks to Smulders a typically very male-type warts-n-all action character believably played by a woman.

Deforestation as far as I remember.

Fraid Cobie Smolders character isn't enough to get past the overall cheesiness and bad editing. Bailed half-way through episode 4. Disappointing as Cobie Smolders is great in this.

That comment in episode 13
    See you in court dad.
    /shivers

• Advertisement

A fun episode this week Smolders does great fight scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I still really like the show ,because of the great cast rather than great writing.

The start was movie quality , opening 5 mins was just brilliant ,and it was never gonna keep that level up through 15 episodes but I do feel it has dropped off more than I hoped.

That said I am still in and feel it has the basis for a very good show , just need some good stories and action to elevate it to a great show.

Well we got to meet Benny now it's all set up for next weeks season finale now.

Well we got to meet Benny now it's all set up for next weeks season finale now.

Pretty decent episode this week. Looking forward to the season finale.

Good solid season finale to a fun season and nicely set up for season 2 if it gets renewed.

Good solid season finale to a fun season and nicely set up for season 2 if it gets renewed.
    God; I loved those last 5s and it reminded me of Lucifer.

It was a good season finale. Hopefully it will be renewed for season 2.

It starts on Alibi on Wednesday April 29th at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

It was a good season finale. Hopefully it will be renewed for season 2.

Good news, it has just been renewed

• Advertisement

Good news, it has just been renewed

Yep Renewed

https://tvline.com/2020/05/21/abc-renewed-tv-shows-list-2020-rookie-stumptown/

Now who to play the mammy

Advertisement