Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Marathon 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Just received email confirming 2020 place has been successfully transferred 2021, October 3rd! I truly hopes that Corona just backs off by then!!

Best of luck to everyone running on Sunday. Weather forecast looks... interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Any where online to watch this on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Trampas

Apart from bbc player?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

Isn't it on BBC standard?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's on regular BBC 2, then BBC 1 then back to BBC 2 again through the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Itziger wrote: »
    Isn't it on BBC standard?
    From 7am to 10am BBC2,10am to 1pm on BBC1,1pm to 320pm BBC2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Bekele not running..calf injury..shame..

Sorry didn't see previous post, just read it...

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭muloc

Had signed up to the virtual but won't be doing it. Anyone know if I'll still get the t-shirt?

From the email it looks like the medal is for completing. Don't care about a medal but would like a tshirt

You will have from 00:00:00 BST until 23:59:59 BST to complete your 26.2 miles and claim your 2020 Virgin Money London Marathon finisher's medal (we'll send this to you next week).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

They said previously that you only get the medal/tshirt for completing.

Not sure how much checking they will do outside of the gfa/ Championship runners though. Leave the phone with the app running on your windowsill for a few hours from midnight, see how many miles you have logged by the morning, if you still need more distance by the evening strap the phone to the dog and get them to run around the garden for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Trampas wrote: »
    Apart from bbc player?

Anywhere I can watch this online tomorrow please please please? I don't have a TV, just a laptop and BBC player doesn't work for me in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Anywhere I can watch this online tomorrow please please please? I don't have a TV, just a laptop and BBC player doesn't work for me in Ireland.

Install a free vpn on your laptop e.g. windscribe and watch it on the bbc player

robinph wrote: »
    They said previously that you only get the medal/tshirt for completing.

Not sure how much checking they will do outside of the gfa/ Championship runners though. Leave the phone with the app running on your windowsill for a few hours from midnight, see how many miles you have logged by the morning, if you still need more distance by the evening strap the phone to the dog and get them to run around the garden for a bit.

App installed and logged in. Will chance something for the tshirt

They will sometimes stream things through the BBC News website that don't have the same geo restrictions on as via their iplayer. As they have people running worldwide they might not block it, but no telling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

Just realised that Sinead Diver is running this. Hopefully we get updates on her progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Itziger wrote: »
    Just realised that Sinead Diver is running this. Hopefully we get updates on her progress.

Athletics Weekly Twitter account are sticking up 5k splits

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭echancrure

With that rain if Ruth Chepngetich shaved her hair she'd be 1 Kg lighter!!

She looks strong at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭pansophelia

Great sprint finish by Sara Hall!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Sara Hall looked to be wearing a prototype Asics shoe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

MY BAD wrote: »
    Sara Hall looked to be wearing a prototype Asics shoe
    What an incredible run by her. Shame she didn't make it in the trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Rough day everywhere in UK and Ireland for the virtual runners.
    One good decision organizers made was to have it all within the 24hr period.

DCM giving people 3 days is a bit unfair considering the weather could be much better from one day to the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Lambay island

Scullion going with the 2.08 lads here - ballsy

Scullion 2:09:49. NR!
    Correction: I guess Treacy's 2:09:15 from Boston is still NR eligible, so Scullion misses by 34 seconds, to a favourable course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Scullion 2:09:49. NR!

Brilliant Run ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Lambay island

4Ad wrote: »
    Brilliant Run ...

Such a pity BBC didn't show him finish

Such a pity BBC didn't show him finish

I kept rewinding cause I thought I must have missed it. Very frustrating. Super run.

Clohisey finishes in 26th place in 2:18:52.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Very petty coverage from the BBC of the Northern Ireland born athlete. Nothing for over half an hour of coverage before the finish. No excuse on such a small lap with multiple camera locations

Then switched away from the finishing line coverage. We got glimpses of the two athletes who finished right in front of him. It was almost like he was a non entity in the race.

Anyway, rant aside. Fantastic run which looks like it was himself on his own for large parts. (Going by the online splits).

Advertisement