Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Adverts 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Intersport France
    Fit Santa

Ms Claus would lilke him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

I actually like the sauna sainsbury as. Yes it’s bleak but it’s simple and the twist at the end is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Can't understand the hate for the Boots ad. I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

Brown Thomas ad all the beautiful people.....Yawn

Is the brown Thomas one meant to be murder on the Orient express or whatever? A good concept but falls flat. I like that intersport one.

• Advertisement

Is that what it Is? Couldn't make any sense of it. Didn't like it. Seemed a bit lame tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Is that what it Is? Couldn't make any sense of it. Didn't like it. Seemed a bit lame tbh.

BT one is just a bit...meh. Is that Gerry fish in it?

Best I can say is I enjoyed the train going through the snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The marks and Spencer’s jumper one is absolute rubbish.

But the worst of them all is a toss up between boots and selfridges. Both abysmal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

Out of all the ad's i've watched this year, I'm really liking the Very ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,847 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The marks and Spencer’s jumper one is absolute rubbish.

But the worst of them all is a toss up between boots and selfridges. Both abysmal.
    I quite liked the m and s one it isn't the usual.

I love the John Lewis and the McDonald's ones

I don't see the McDonald's one yet actually so will post

https://youtu.be/v1wXIVYb49E

Looking forward to the BBC advert last year's was perfect imo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tesco’s ad had dropped and it’s a good one. I really like it. It’s really Christmassy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Agreed best Christmas add so far, MacDonalds one good, not so keen on the John Lewis one,(edit must have only seen half of john lewis add first time, not to bad if abit long).

Manor (Swiss department store): The Elves and the Stork

Great to finally see the Tesco one, after reading the concept in September !
    It is good fun.

I am changing (again) my ranking for award category "cheeky ad" and currently would give that award to Intersport France and their Fit Santa. Runners up for that same category are now HP and Orange France.
    Really like Mc Donald's - they are now runners up for both categories "Best Animation" and "Best father and daughter(s)".

In the "Cute pets" category are the baby owl in Migros Switerland and the Subaru USA rescue dogs and cats.

Was McDonald's posted on here?

Is the brown Thomas one meant to be murder on the Orient express or whatever? A good concept but falls flat.

BT one is just a bit...meh. Is that Gerry fish in it?

Best I can say is I enjoyed the train going through the snow.

Agree with both of you,

I think they were trying a "Literary ad" on the lines of the Dunnes/Christmas Carol ad, but the result was poor.

Actually, Luxury brands in my opinion have issues in producing successful Christmas adverts; maybe they believe their Customers (current or potential) can not relate to a traditional idea/memory of Christmas. And with this wrong assumption, they get the ads wrong.

For example: the Burberry ad last year, and this year: Selfridges and BT.

Of all the Luxury brands ads this year, my favourite so far is Polo Ralph Lauren (the one with actors - as opposed to the RL ad with the teddy bear).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I don't think so, I caught the end of it on live tv last night, very cute but I think it's similar to one they've done before.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    I don't think so, I caught the end of it on live tv last night, very cute but I think it's similar to one they've done before.

It's here, just wasn't embedded. I really love it. It's so cute.
    gmisk wrote: »
    I quite liked the m and s one it isn't the usual.

I love the John Lewis and the McDonald's ones

I don't see the McDonald's one yet actually so will post

https://youtu.be/v1wXIVYb49E

Looking forward to the BBC advert last year's was perfect imo

Aw it's really sweet. (Mc donalds)
    "Do you want to build a snowman"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Cardiff City Centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

DvB wrote: »

Dogsy. I like it i must admit.

I’m not crying...you are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

I'm surprised the Coca Cola ad hasn't made an appearance this year yet, or has anyone else spotted it?

gidget wrote: »
    I'm surprised the Coca Cola ad hasn't made an appearance this year yet, or has anyone else spotted it?

I only thought that myself last night I've yet to spot it, I do think they hold off closer to December each month.

Loughc wrote: »
    I only thought that myself last night I've yet to spot it, I do think they hold off closer to December each month.

Same with the Guinness advert, pretty sure it only makes an appearance in December. Have never seen it earlier, at least not that I can remember anyway.

Once I see that advert though, then i KNOW its christmas! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

DvB wrote: »
    Same with the Guinness advert, pretty sure it only makes an appearance in December. Have never seen it earlier, at least not that I can remember anyway.

Once I see that advert though, then i KNOW its christmas! :D

I love the Guinness ad it gives me goosebumps every time there something so special about it, when I lived at home my late aunt would call out if I was in the other room and I would dash in to catch a glimpse of it

SarahLil wrote: »
    I love the Guinness ad it gives me goosebumps every time there something so special about it, when I lived at home my late aunt would call out if I was in the other room and I would dash in to catch a glimpse of it

Its simply the greatest christmas advert of all time IMO.

Boden celebrates hospital staff

• Advertisement

Stockland Australia (shopping centers)

The Story of Dunder: the forgotten hero that once saved Christmas for Down Under.

Advertisement