Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Stand - CBS All Access - (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really looking forward to this.

Covid as Captain Trips.

Trump as Flagg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Short teaser, but not what I was expecting. A bit too showy for my liking. Under The Dome springs to mind.

I was hoping Matt Frewer might be recast as Trashcan man however they went with Marilyn Manson which might be an inspired choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

Loved the book back in the day as a youngster . After initial reservations (Rob Lowe cast as Nick) I enjoyed the series and was happy with the ending (and the 2nd ending). It was a religious apocalyptical tale after all .

The original is available in HD,but with a nice nostalgic VCR look. on You Tube for free.

I assume we will see a lot of cameos from the actors from the original, though not Willie Tanner, unfortunately

I hope they pepper the story with some hokey characters like in the original

I wonder if they will all be wearing masks in this version.

• Advertisement

I hope Jovan Adepo can sing. Would love to hear Baby, Can You Dig Your Man, Oh, and Eve of Destruction as a tribute to the OG show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

Anytime I hear 'don't fear the reaper' by Blue Oyster Cult, it reminds me of the original series. Looking forward to this!

Full Trailer

Currently on book 4 of the dark tower (re-read of the series) which reminded me with it's stand references that this was due out. Glad to see it's a limited series and won't get dragged out like under the dome.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,847 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I have read the book a long time ago.
    I remember really liking it.

The 1994 series was on the horror channel yesterday so recorded it. Is it worth the watch?

• Advertisement

Probably not. It’s aged poorly. It’s better when looking back with nostalgia, but watching it for the first time, I think it would come across very cheesy.

kerplun k wrote: »
    Probably not. It’s aged poorly. It’s better when looking back with nostalgia, but watching it for the first time, I think it would come across very cheesy.
    I watched the first episode it isn't terrible it would help if they dropped the plinky plinky piano music though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭blue note

I loved the book. On the ending, it makes perfect sense. But that said was incredibly disappointing.

On the original series, it was a bit rubbish. But I enjoyed it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this, as long as it's one series and it doesn't end on some stupid cliff hanger.

Where will it be shown over here do we know?

Trashcan Man has been revealed...

https://ew.com/tv/ezra-miller-the-stand/

Trashcan Man has been revealed...

https://ew.com/tv/ezra-miller-the-stand/

Flashcan Man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Miller and Amber Heard.....the wokers will be out in arms once this hits the screens

I was really impressed with the opening episode they brought it up to date and with the world we are living in right now makes it an even more compelling watch.

It's 10 episodes airing weekly I was hoping it would be more a proper mini series with three 3 hour episodes to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Yeah, that episode was great, really enjoyable. I liked the out of sequence events as well, covered quite a lot of ground establishing the story.

However, I think it helps that I read the book so know the story. I think that it could possibly be a small bit confusing as an initial episode to people coming into it fresh.

First episode is out?

Dead fúcking on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

First episode is out?

Dead fúcking on :D

Ha - I take it you're a fan?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Looks good. I enjoyed the book, and thought the mini series was passable. It has always been difficult to translate King across to the big or small screen, but they are getting better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

The book is one of my favourites, read it several times over the years. I enjoyed the first episode overall, well cast and production values are decent. What's really annoying me is the jumping around timelines and minimal character development so far. It's almost as if they've expected you to have already read the book or seen the original miniseries

Really enjoyed first episode.
    I read the book a long time back, but not that long since I saw the old TV series, it was a bit shonky tbh, this is a lot better acted and looks high budget, it hits a lot of the same beats but in a different order (at least from what I remember)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,250 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

It's a good while since I've read the book but the Harold character seems quite a bit different from what I remember - IIRC he was a socially awkward unlikeable character - this show is portraying him very differently

Also the show seems to be getting review bombed because of Amber Heard

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Do any of the usual paid/legal streaming sites have this other thn CBS? I think CBS is for US citizens only?

Kunkka wrote: »
    Do any of the usual paid/legal streaming sites have this other thn CBS? I think CBS is for US citizens only?
    I think the first time it will be available here will probably be same as UK, so starzplay in january

There is protests and calls for boycott of the show now as it didn't hire a deaf actor to play Nick.

There is protests and calls for boycott of the show now as it didn't hire a deaf actor to play Nick.

such is today's world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Just as well they made Apollo 13 when they did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Rob Lowe dodged a bullet!

Advertisement