Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Malcolm MacArthur doing now?

Options
  • 30-07-2019 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭

Released about nine year ago he's been keeping a very low profile. No major ( money making) interviews. Living in Dublin I believe. A book signing meeting with Alan Shatter. Other than that nothing it seems. Is he recognised at all? He did thirty years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

bobbyss wrote: »
    Released about nine year ago he's been keeping a very low profile. No major ( money making) interviews. Living in Dublin I believe. A book signing meeting with Alan Shatter. Other than that nothing it seems. Is he recognised at all? He did thirty years.

He’d have, probably, done five years today.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 33,044 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

What? Has the mandatory life sentence for murder been scrapped since I logged in?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Thinking of the victims and their families here. Nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭pgj2015

he should have stayed in prison until he died as we dont have the death penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

He's still around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Probably sleeping, what with it being quite late. Or he could be watching television - The Crystal Maze is on Channel 4 shortly.

He might be reading a book

I heard he's on boards quite a bit..

A username you wouldn't expect either..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,790 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

He's climbin' in your windows, he's snatchin' your people up, tryna rape em so y'all need to hide your kids, hide your wife, cos they rapin' erbody up in here

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

A friend of mine was locked up with him in an open prison for a while . Said he was a scary kind bloke . Wore funny shirts and dickie bows .

• Advertisement

That would make him eccentric

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

This is actually a grotesque thread. Unbelievable, tbh. Not to mention downright bizarre.

Entirely without precedent.

This is actually a grotesque thread. Unbelievable, tbh. Not to mention downright bizarre.

Entirely without precedent.

GUBU?

yes

Pretty sure there was a gay bar called GUBU in Dublin at one stage, the old Panti I think. Actually a pretty offensive name for a bar when you think about it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The average time served on a life sentence is higher than ever now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Gonad wrote: »
    A friend of mine was locked up with him in an open prison for a while . Said he was a scary kind bloke . Wore funny shirts and dickie bows .
    Are you sure that wasnt Stan Laurel or Oliver Hardy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

He's scary alright. But not because of his odd choice of clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,168 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Pretty sure there was a gay bar called GUBU in Dublin at one stage, the old Panti I think. Actually a pretty offensive name for a bar when you think about it.

I'm not sure i really want to know but why would that be offensive?

He might be having dinner now

• Advertisement

I'm not sure i really want to know but why would that be offensive?

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's a reference to someone who murdered people not so long ago

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's a reference to someone who murdered people not so long ago

GUBU was a phrase invented by Conor Cruise O'Brien in reponse to Charles Haugheys reaction to the news of McArthur being found in the home of the Attorney General Patrick Connolly. In particular it referred to how Connolly handled McArthur being found in his apartment. This involved him deciding to go on holiday as planned. He was forced to return not long after he arrived in the states. It was not in reference to the murders themselves or to McArthur.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

getimage.aspx?regionKey=JoWYLt%2FNxIgpBgluydJP8A%3D%3D

so he killed her did he? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

bobbyss wrote: »
    Released about nine year ago he's been keeping a very low profile.
    If you stand at the back of St Stephen's Green SC for a few hours he'll walk by most days.

Bobblehats wrote: »
    getimage.aspx?regionKey=JoWYLt%2FNxIgpBgluydJP8A%3D%3D

so he killed her did he? :confused:

He didnt kill the lady in that picture, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭manatoo

vriesmays wrote: »
    If you stand at the back of St Stephen's Green SC for a few hours he'll walk by most days.

Yep, walks up Henry Street, through the Jervis Centre and up toward the quays most days in full beige trench coat and shoes, taupe suit and dickie bow regale. Looks the picture of health in later life.

Incredible to think what he's responsible for and yet just strolls amongst us daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

are you sure your friend wasnt locked up with the brother mouzone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭con___manx1

I seen him in shop near to the prison he was in years ago. Must of been out on day release or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭mattser

Locked up in an ' open ' prison ?? 🀣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭pgj2015

he must have no shame, people like him should never get out of prison, even if they were to live to 1000.

Advertisement