Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream big, work hard, achieve your goals - My DCM '19 Journey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

Congrats on the PB in the parkrun E, plenty more to take off that time given the conditions. I think you went through the normal emotions of a 5k race there alright.

Definitely, the best decision you made was to start up running with Skyblue Vaporflys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Congrats again on the PB. You did well not to let the wind knock your confidence and stop you going for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Treviso wrote: »
    Congrats on the PB in the parkrun E, plenty more to take off that time given the conditions. I think you went through the normal emotions of a 5k race there alright.

Definitely, the best decision you made was to start up running with Skyblue Vaporflys

Thanks a mill T, yep best decision ever:D

Kellygirl wrote: »
    Congrats again on the PB. You did well not to let the wind knock your confidence and stop you going for it.

Thank you K, I really wasn't taking no for an answer on this PB, Jingle bells has been haunting me!! Thankfully no more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Congrats on the PB E, brilliant report as always.

Daddy Daughter runs are the best aren’t they :pac:

Liverpool supporter though :rolleyes:

Now I’m off to read the alternate universe version!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Great pb. Well done.

Save those Vaporflys! They turn to mush in no time

Congrats on the PB E, brilliant report as always.

Daddy Daughter runs are the best aren’t they :pac:

Liverpool supporter though :rolleyes:

Now I’m off to read the alternate universe version!

Thank a mill! Yes they are fun indeed:)

You a United supporter? :rolleyes:

Great pb. Well done.

Save those Vaporflys! They turn to mush in no time

Thanks a mill, thrilled with it in those conditions:)

They were wiped clean & put back in their box only to be used for my races :D

Thank a mill! Yes they are fun indeed:)

You a United supporter? :rolleyes:

I sure am :(

All I need to happen now is Mayo winning Sam and it’s my personal Annus Horribilis!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

All I need to happen now is Mayo winning Sam and it’s my personal Annus Horribilis!!

You can sleep safely on that one :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

We all have our problems:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Cracking race report E, I love the buzz of a 5k, your description of it nails it.

Lazare wrote: »
    Cracking race report E, I love the buzz of a 5k, your description of it nails it.

Can't wait for my next one haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Speedy lady! Congrats on the pb and putting manners on one of our cheeky chappies lol. Were the Vaporflys noticeably different?

Speedy lady! Congrats on the pb and putting manners on one of our cheeky chappies lol. Were the Vaporflys noticeably different?

Thanks a mill:)
    Yes i noticed a difference running in them but as i have said before I really only wear Asics so i'm not sure how they would compare to other lighter runners. I will be keeping them up for my races because apparently they don't last nearly as long as other runners!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Belated congrats on the parkrun PB E - that's great racing. I love how you said to hell with the weather and just dug deep and drove on - lots of heart to go with the speed!

A quick look at the times over the previous 2 weeks at Hartstown (yeah, I'm bored at work :pac:), would back up S' assertion that there is another 30 seconds to come off that on a friendlier day.
    i thought I was going to die, i swore then that I was never ever gonna run a 5k ever again! I decided it was a ridiculous distance & i was giving up on it after this!
    This line stood out to me - I've had these exact thoughts in pretty much every 5k-10k I've raced over the past year. I think it means you're doing it right :D

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Belated congrats on the parkrun PB E - that's great racing. I love how you said to hell with the weather and just dug deep and drove on - lots of heart to go with the speed!

A quick look at the times over the previous 2 weeks at Hartstown (yeah, I'm bored at work :pac:), would back up S' assertion that there is another 30 seconds to come off that on a friendlier day.

This line stood out to me - I've had these exact thoughts in pretty much every 5k-10k I've raced over the past year. I think it means you're doing it right :D

Thanks a mill A really appreciate it :)

Tues 14th Jan - 1hr easy
    1:00 - 6.37mi - 9:27min/mi

Another early start. Woke before the alarm so decided to just get up & get it done! Quite a chilly morning but nice & fresh. As i was running along the road i spotted a fox coming out of an estate. He was practically standing in front of me, he scared the s*!t out of me & likewise I'd say i scarred the s*!t out of him:eek: The poor little fella, my bright headlight shone down on him & his eyes glistened in the dark! I just caught sight of his bushy tail as he scarpered away - what a beautiful creature...

Weds 15th Jan - w/u 5*1km @7/7.10, 3:30 rec, 3min jog, 4*30secs hard 45secs off, c/d
    1:22 - 9.29min - 8.54min/mi
    Splits - 1km - 6.56, 6.59, 7.00, 6.58, 7.03
    30secs hard - 5.32, 5.29, 5.21, 6.01

I'd had a really hectic/stressful night at home so i was really looking forward to this session! It was a cold crisp lunchtime but the sun was beaming. Sessions for me are amazing for focusing my mind. At the time of a session i don't think of things that have happened or things i need to do, i just focus on hitting the correct paces at the time. I just get lost in the session which is amazing for the mind:) I hit all the paces required & loved the 30secs of running hard! Wednesday is definitely becoming my favourite day :D

Thurs 16th Jan - 1hr easy
    1:00 - 6.31mi - 9:35min/mi

Nice easy run, weather was warmer than usual.

Fri 17th Jan - 1hr easy
    1:00 - 6:35mi - 9:29min/mi

While sessions are amazing for focusing the mind i think easy runs give you time to think...
    I had put an application in work for a promotion and usually because of the volume of applications there are prelims then final interviews but this time they decided to shortlist based on application form so i didn't get called! Was a bit of a kick in the teeth as last time it came up i flew through prelims & did a good final interview but as i was only in my current grade 6 weeks i didn't really have the relevant experience which was completely fine, so to get that far then & not even an interview was a bit hard to swallow! Pink & eminem's song Revenge came on and actually cheered me up haha! Decided to lick my wounds & not be around people as much as possible;) Off work till Tuesday so will be fine by then!

Sat 18th of Jan 4m easy, 3*8mins@7:30/7:40, off 2mins, 8mins@7/7.10, 4miles easy
    1:53 - 13.21mi - 8:33min/mi
    Splits 7:30, 7:30, 7:30, 7:04

Agreed to meet S at 8am but actually met at the revised time of 8:17am to which i was bang on time;) S was already there waiting in his car, no doubt rolling his eyes at me! We had decided to park where we could loop the cars to drop off layers. Now in fairness i only had 2 layers on so would only need to drop off my jacket! S on the other hand kinda resembled forty coats with all his layers:eek: In saying that i'm sure he would have no problem referring to me as slightly bonkers :D
    It was a beautiful cold morning in the park. My thighs felt numb for the 1st lap but soon thawed out. I don't think I'd ever get sick of running here. The Deer were out in force & it was lovely watching them run around! At one stage we ran along a path with the ice patches glistening in the sunlight. We ran on the grass for some of the run as it was safer going around the corners & i absolutely loved the noise of our runners crunching on the frost...ah its the little things:D
    This run absolutely flew by again, the difference having someone to chat to, some of our conversations are quite funny but make the time go by so quickly!

Sun 19th of Jan - 1hr easy
    1:00 - 6.03mi - 9:57min/mi

This was a lovely run considering i was so pissed last night haha. The kids got me & my OH a night away in town & a voucher for my fav restaurant in Salamanca's! It was a great day & night getting away from the usual family stresses! I wasn't sure if i would get a run in today. Nothing screams Romance or divorce more than me opeing my suitcase & taking out my running gear so i decided against it:pac:
    Whilst in town i bought myself a lovely LFC running top which i wore with pride on my run later in the afternoon!Got home in time to watch Liverpool obliterate Utd and my god what a goal from Salah in the closing seconds, absolute Class!

Total miles for the week 47.6miles

Raheny 5mile next Sunday, no real goal in mind but looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

Great week of running E. What's the plan for Raheny next week? I would ask S but he's probably crying into his Utd jersey....

Great week of running E. What's the plan for Raheny next week? I would ask S but he's probably crying into his Utd jersey....

Not you too........

• Advertisement

I'm not really sure yet, I'm sure it will be revealed to me when he has indeed stopped crying into his Utd Jersey hahaha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Raheny will be long over by the time that stops with a bit of luck!

Good luck next weekend in Raheny you have made a great start to 2020 and should have plenty of confidence after the 5km last weekend.
    I'm not really sure yet, I'm sure it will be revealed to me when he has indeed stopped crying into his Utd Jersey hahaha :D

Raheny will be long over by the time that stops with a bit of luck!

Good luck next weekend in Raheny you have made a great start to 2020 and should have plenty of confidence after the 5km last weekend.

Haha i'm sure he'll be ok by then ;)

Thanks a mill, looking forward to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

A belated congrats on your parkrun pb! Hope you are set for Raheny on Sun.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    A belated congrats on your parkrun pb! Hope you are set for Raheny on Sun.

Thanks a mill, looking forward to it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kukkanen

I have just spent the day reading through this log- Laineyfrecks you truly are an inspiration.There is no reason for me not to go for the planned run tonight - off I go and get those runners on.

Thank you - think there is a making of a book in you !

kukkanen wrote: »
    I have just spent the day reading through this log- Laineyfrecks you truly are an inspiration.There is no reason for me not to go for the planned run tonight - off I go and get those runners on.

Thank you - think there is a making of a book in you !

Thank you, that's nice of you to say!

Hope you enjoyed your run :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

All the best tomorrow E, run well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭passinginterest

Looking forward to the race report tomorrow. Trust the training and ‘enjoy’ it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Good luck tomorrow; solid training recently so you should be full of confidence. Just don't be late!

Advertisement