Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOWTV Smart Stick - Deals in Currys

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭hjr

Doodah7 wrote: »
    This deserves its own thread in fairness. Great deal!

Great offer alright, but worth noting the NOWTV packages don't seem to include any BT channels that Sky themselves have available...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Doodah7

hjr wrote: »
    Great offer alright, but worth noting the NOWTV packages don't seem to include any BT channels that Sky themselves have available...

Given that Sky don't take over distribution of the BT channels until tomorrow 1 August, that is unsurprising... It has been indicated elsewhere that the BT channels will be joining NOWTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

any nowtv sticks i have got lately, as in from tescos, all had the code installed inside the stick, so no voucher to be used elsewhere. and dont throw stick away, some one might find it useful to have youtube netflix and all4 and a radio app and cookery stuff on an app, and i dont know if they still have access to it, an app all about alien spotting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Just a question for those who have these: The Boxsets/catchup TV. Are they an additional cost to the Entertainment package?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

No, all the boxsets are included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

iHungry wrote: »
    Yes I use it.I have a usb-c to hdmi convertor so I can watch it on my TV. The quality on a big TV ain't the best but it's passable. Im on the 13.99 pack which I pay for using my three.ie credit

This is really interesting, seems a way to get Sky Sports for €7 a month and then rig the phone to the tv. Would happily pay €7 a month but on their website they say 5 channels are included-
    Sky Sports
    SS Action
    SS News
    SS Arena
    SS Racing

Anyone know is all Skys Premier League games covered on the Sky Sports channel or are some of them on other channels? If so thats a great deal and deserving of a thread of its own, especially given the supposed crackdown on streaming that they are launching via the ISPs this coming season.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Yeah I've used it a few times for weekends away and vouchers for restaurants and never had any issues.

I bought the voucher and will activate it on the day before the season kicks off.

Will watch nowtv through fire stick or PS4.

How do you watch through the Fire stick?
    Is the NOWTV app already on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Just install it like any other app

Now TV is not available on fire stick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

On a side note you can chromecast NowTV if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Yeah can't get it to work properly on the fire stick so it's ps4 or Chromecast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Just a question for those who have these: The Boxsets/catchup TV. Are they an additional cost to the Entertainment package?

They are all there alongside the live channels. I have been watching them for free the last two months thanks to a Nestle promotion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

OmegaGene wrote: »

Won't download for me. I'm using downloader app as per link above.
    Says Error.. Forbidden. Try using https if u used http.

Tried using https but still won't download?
    Have unknown sources turned on and ADB Debugging on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

What's the rte player like on this? Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

Del007 wrote: »
    What's the rte player like on this? Any good?

It’s not great, it has a tendency to randomly return to the home screen halfway through an episode. I’ve completely given up trying to use it. The virgin Media player is good and the channel 4 one is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 28 NateDogsCats

Muahahaha wrote: »
    This is really interesting, seems a way to get Sky Sports for €7 a month and then rig the phone to the tv. Would happily pay €7 a month but on their website they say 5 channels are included-
    Sky Sports
    SS Action
    SS News
    SS Arena
    SS Racing

Anyone know is all Skys Premier League games covered on the Sky Sports channel or are some of them on other channels? If so thats a great deal and deserving of a thread of its own, especially given the supposed crackdown on streaming that they are launching via the ISPs this coming season.

Is it just Sky Sports 1? They cover games on Sky Sports Premier a lot as well so you'd be missing out on some.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭dor83

Is it just Sky Sports 1? They cover games on Sky Sports Premier a lot as well so you'd be missing out on some.

It's Sky Sports Premier League that is included so you'll get pretty much all of their EPL matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

that nowtv app link must have been shut down already, over a week since they posted that article.
    does the nowtv app actually work?
    Ive heard before that after managing to get the app, it didnt actually open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Re: Pigsback offer

Does anyone know if this will stack on an existing account? I have an existing now tv sports sub which ends on 20th Aug. The pigsback site is telling me my purchased voucher expires on 8th AUg so guessing I may need to open a new account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

leex wrote: »
    Re: Pigsback offer

Does anyone know if this will stack on an existing account? I have an existing now tv sports sub which ends on 20th Aug. The pigsback site is telling me my purchased voucher expires on 8th AUg so guessing I may need to open a new account.

It works. I was paid up to around the 23rd and I stacked mine. Next renewal in December now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

It works. I was paid up to around the 23rd and I stacked mine. Next renewal in December now

Thanks. I applied the voucher to existing account and it stacked. Happy Days! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

Thanks OP, I just purchased one of these with the two months cinema (in tesco, tesco currys, HARVEY NORMAN, d.i.d. all seem to be doing them at €23.99)

When I opened it there was a little envelope in side that said inside is your voucher code - inside there is a grey strip but no code, I thought it was like a scratch card but no its not.

Am I missing the code or will it be automatically on the stick?

I dont want to activate the stick yet as not ready for the two free months to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

frankz wrote: »
    Thanks OP, I just purchased one of these with the two months cinema (in tesco, tesco currys, HARVEY NORMAN, d.i.d. all seem to be doing them at €23.99)

When I opened it there was a little envelope in side that said inside is your voucher code - inside there is a grey strip but no code, I thought it was like a scratch card but no its not.

Am I missing the code or will it be automatically on the stick?

I dont want to activate the stick yet as not ready for the two free months to start.

The grey strip is like a scratch card which has your code underneath, don't scratch too hard tho or you'll remove some of the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    The grey strip is like a scratch card which has your code underneath, don't scratch too hard tho or you'll remove some of the code.

Thanks Mac Lad - dont know what the f%%k I was doing last night.

Think I was just trying to scratch the very edge of it or someit - jays I may head for the scrapheap if I cant scratch a card! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Sorry, wrong thread.

Just a quick note here for anyone using Now TV....I signed up for the Sky Sports Mobile package, €7.00 per month for the 5 channels. I was using it on Friday night for the Liverpool game, but of course the match was also on Sky One, so I was able to compare the two options...

Firstly I didn't have any streaming issues, and the quality was fine for a mobile phone and did exactly what I needed. The only downside I noticed was the delay...by comparing it to the match clock on the tv I could see that my Now TV stream was between 45-50 seconds behind the TV. I would have expected a delay of maybe 10-20 seconds, but 45 seconds seems like an awful lot...

Just something to keep in mind....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

hjr wrote: »
    Just a quick note here for anyone using Now TV....I signed up for the Sky Sports Mobile package, €7.00 per month for the 5 channels. I was using it on Friday night for the Liverpool game, but of course the match was also on Sky One, so I was able to compare the two options...

Firstly I didn't have any streaming issues, and the quality was fine for a mobile phone and did exactly what I needed. The only downside I noticed was the delay...by comparing it to the match clock on the tv I could see that my Now TV stream was between 45-50 seconds behind the TV. I would have expected a delay of maybe 10-20 seconds, but 45 seconds seems like an awful lot...

Just something to keep in mind....

Streaming is always behind a live broadcast. I just turn off my score update apps while watching.

Agreed, just thought it was worth mentioning. In fairness for €7 a month it's a good setup even just for catching up with the goals....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

I got it for Game of Thrones - €20 for stick + 2 months Entertainment.
    At the end of the initial period I picked up a deal from GroupOn for €25 for 3 months Entertainment. It now says €27 for 3 months. You just click on the deal on the GroupOn page and it goes through to the NowTV deal. This GroupOn offer expires end of August.

You can use your subscription on 4 devices, no more than 2 users simultaneously.
    BTW: it works with Chromecast, but they warn you that using Chromecast will use up 2 "devices"/Users - so if somebody else is using your subscription that could screw up.

Some good box sets on NowTV, but TBH I'm going to get the max value out of the stick (it's a Roku, by the way) by watching the comedy box sets on All4 (Channel 4)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Is €18.50 on their own site the best price around at mo for Entertainment pack?

• Advertisement

https://www.gamivo.com/product/now-tv-entertainment-2-month-pass?npr=1&adm=1&currency=eur&gclid=CjwKCAjwqNnqBRATEiwAkHm2BNx8Qv2vZ2DdRZg4TL2zTd5ohIlM9J8ZhN1Z07Jayg0G3W1CRXXspRoCHiQQAvD_BwE

Saw this, but not sure if anyone has used Gamivo? €8.55 is the offer

EDIT:

Sorry, just saw the following on the webpage:

"This is a restricted product and it can be activated and played ONLY in the United Kingdom." Why bloody advertise it in EURO so!!

Advertisement