Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remnant: From the Ashes (Dark Souls with guns)

Options
  • 27-07-2019 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQIBtDJMwZs

Anyone following this, looks pretty good. Out next month from the guys who have done Darksiders - looks promising to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Missed this at E3, looks interesting. Is it fully co-op? Videos a bit long than im willing to sit through :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Looks great, it's in the comments but the community manager is great, everything is great. It's on console and I want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

nix wrote: »
    Missed this at E3, looks interesting. Is it fully co-op? Videos a bit long than im willing to sit through :p

Yea it's a long video and the guy is annoying. 3 or 4 mins towards the end is all you need to get a basic idea. I hope it's good, looks like the type of game that's right up my street

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Never heard of this game, and I am intrigued. Reminds me a lot of Hellgate London. :)

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Never heard of this game, and I am intrigued. Reminds me a lot of Hellgate London. :)

Thats what it reminded me of!! :pac:

Whatever happened to that game? I never got around to trying it :o

• Advertisement

Thats what it reminded me of!! :pac:

Whatever happened to that game? I never got around to trying it :o

https://kotaku.com/where-hellgate-london-and-flagship-studios-went-horrib-5185508

Christ, before 2009 it fell apart? Man that makes me feel old :eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Christ, before 2009 it fell apart? Man that makes me feel old eek.pngfrown.png

Late to the party on this but the Death of a Game series on Youtube can really be eye-opening for some of the older MMO games.

Hmm... curious. Trying to pre-order this for the PS4, want those bonus stuff, but it ain't on PSN EU? o.O

It's on PSN US...

Only got less than two weeks. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,902 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hmm... curious. Trying to pre-order this for the PS4, want those bonus stuff, but it ain't on PSN EU? o.O

It's on PSN US...

Only got less than two weeks. :(

It's only €40 on steam. Will pick it up after I see a few reviews.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It's only €40 on steam. Will pick it up after I see a few reviews.

I don't want these client sided saved games on PC, at all. They're incredibly prone to cheaters, like in Borderlands 1 and 2. And the same can be said for Borderlands 3 too most likely. No fun playing online with someone joining one shot'ing everything.

Cheaters are marginally fewer on console, hence me wanting it on my PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Have to admit this has my interest but will wait till reviews are out.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Looks great, the developer has released alot of 1.5 hour videos. It looks very solid and could be great fun in coop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

Never heard of it but looks good. couldn't see online on brief description i saw but does it have any micro transactions?

KilOit wrote: »
    Never heard of it but looks good. couldn't see online on brief description i saw but does it have any micro transactions?

No

"Casuals will find it too hard" worries me. As I get older I'm getting worse at games. From platinuming bloodborne to getting stuck on the first DS3 boss it's a steep decline, in two years. Don't get me started on online fps' shooters. Although I got a chopper on MWR this weekend which was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

@RopeDrink - I presume you played the game solo? I am playing through it via multiplayer and i'm having a blast. 2 man it gets harder and 3 man harder again. Have died ALOT more in 3 man than solo. I find solo very easy in comparison.

I am a huge Souls fan, this is certainly not as hardcore as souls but I am really enjoying it.

For the €40 price tag, I think this is a super game.

My only negative is the FPS drops and horrendous lag when you are the host. Its not there all of the time but it can be very very bad and takes away from the game. I believe the developer is aware of a few memory leaks that will be patched soon, so fingers crossed, this gets better.

All in all I would give it a 7/10. You have to factor in, the kinda fresh approach to Souls, the way the game looks and plays and the price point. Its well worth a punt.

oh still on the fence about this but I think I might add it to my wishlist

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

It's really true about rushing for a guide when getting stuck. I really don't know how I completed anything back in the day. I do remember having a drunken debate with friends in a pub, who thought I was mad, about this puzzle where I was flummoxed in Resident Evil.

The one review (Upper Echelon Games) I saw this morning was very positive. RopeDrink's experience too was generally positive. To be frank when I'd heard it described as Bloodborne with Guns it was over for me anyway. I'll be getting this today.

• Advertisement

Anyone experience with PC version and performance?
    Equally on the Xbox One X

I watched a video this morning that was largely positive but complained about bugs and frame-rate issues. The latter primarily on console but on PC in certain areas.
    I played a little of it yesterday on PS4 it doesn't have the polish of an AAA title but plays pretty well, although I've literally just started.

Playing on the PS4 [they seriously should've made the pre-order bonuses into Day 1 bonuses since they screwed up the availability of the game on the PS4...!!], few things I got issues with:

-- Enemies scale with you. I absolutely HATE this mechanic in any game... why devs deem it necessary is beyond me. Leave scaling to NG+ modes for God's sake!
    -- Co-op; it seems to lack communication in-game, not even over the mic never mind emotes. Likewise, when someone joins they're left hanging in limbo till they are summoned at a Red Crystal.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,902 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Playing on the PS4 [they seriously should've made the pre-order bonuses into Day 1 bonuses since they screwed up the availability of the game on the PS4...!!], few things I got issues with:

-- Enemies scale with you. I absolutely HATE this mechanic in any game... why devs deem it necessary is beyond me. Leave scaling to NG+ modes for God's sake!
    -- Co-op; it seems to lack communication in-game, not even over the mic never mind emotes. Likewise, when someone joins they're left hanging in limbo till they are summoned at a Red Crystal.

Think it was a Sony issue that the early access was pulled on PS4? At least that's according to the Remnant Reddit.

playing this yesterday and really enjoying it, up early before work patch downloaded and totally broke the game on ps4. Crashed 4 times in 5 minutes, lots of people in same boat, huge performance issues elsewhere, seems fine on pc afaik, Do not install the patch.

all that goodwill gone in a flash

temp fix disable hdr and change to 1080 (PS Pro only it seems)

gimli2112 wrote: »
    playing this yesterday and really enjoying it, up early before work patch downloaded and totally broke the game on ps4. Crashed 4 times in 5 minutes, lots of people in same boat, huge performance issues elsewhere, seems fine on pc afaik, Do not install the patch.

all that goodwill gone in a flash

temp fix disable hdr and change to 1080 (PS Pro only it seems)
    No excuse for that..the PS4 is a closed system

Think il wait a while and go with the PC version

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Temp fix posted on games Twitter for PS4

https://twitter.com/Remnant_Game?s=03

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i was enjoying it but the environments just felt dead to me was kind of sapping my enjoyment out of it, got a refund played it for 3 hours might pick it up again on sale.

• Advertisement

Bought it yesterday and put it in for a refund today. (my first ever steam refund, how long do they take?)

Its kinda fun in parts, but its a lot more tedious than fun.. The first two boss fights were just annoying. Lazy designing in my opinion, they have a boss and give him a basic 2-3 move set thats kinda easy to get in a groove and kill him without much trouble, but to counter that they just throw in endless adds running at your from random directions, which is just really ****ty and cheap..

A quick google and that appears to be the recipe for the whole game, bosses with swarms of adds.. Its just not fun, id say it would be a lot more fun playing with another person..

So i might get it again down the road if a friend wants to team up or if they actually flesh out the game more because it is missing a lot of things that make it feel like a complete game.

Advertisement