Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade - Bobs Skerries

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Yeh sunk a lot of money into that operation wolf myself. Sad to see it in a corner facing the wall when I was there ! I remember sitting in that knight rider car as a kid and the plane. That monkey machine with the prizes as well I can remember as a kid and a parrot thing they had too.

last time I was there that point blank was working but in attached building they have all the snooker tables in. They had an outrun in there too I think. That was a few years back now.

another thing I always remember from there is the kids “ferris wheel” just in with the amusements outside. I’ve a photo of my brother and me in it as kids and a few years ago we got a photo of our kids in it together. Unreal it lasted so long.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Those amusements are still there but mothballed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

Every time I see an Electrocoin Xenon I'm instantly brought back to the mid 90s. I don't think there's any other arcade cabinet in existence that has such a nostalgic affect on me. There's something about the bezel colours

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭dav09

I wonder is there a plan to reopen, would be nice is someone made contact as I'm sure there's plenty of stuff there still that could be enjoyed. A lot of arcade businesses seemed to closed during COVID and arcades generally couldn't open much at all especially during peak season but a few that seemingly closed permanently reopened recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭dav09

It's not unfortunately I know who has it, and bobs didn't seem to have anything from 00's on from memory I think just before they closed they got Basketball and one or two bits.

Advertisement