Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security patrol for park and rides?

Options
  • 26-07-2019 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can anyone advise if there is any security for park and ride car park in clongriffin or portmarnock?

It would not be overnight that id need to use it but im weary of parking my car if it a thieves paradise with no security during the day.

Ive parked at portmarnock before but clongriffin would suit better. Ive read some posts here that clongriffin had some security issues but not sure if it improved since.

I checked with APCOA who I believe manage the car parks and they said they only patrol for clamping and don't provide security.

Can anybody advise?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

None do any security. They all state you're parking st your own risk. You're just paying for the parking spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Parking at Clongriffin is free 400 spaces in an underground car park.

HMS do the security as well as Gannon Homes the area outsode of the underground car park.

The train station at Clongriffin was extensively vandalised about a year ago.

Portmarnock is a paid car park with clamping enforcement

Advertisement