Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Football Paid League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

Paladonia
    Dymo
    gstack166
    Dancun99
    Swiper the fox
    MayoSalmon
    ftse100
    wong
    LuckyLloyd

I suppose if we only get one more we could run a 10 team league with two divisions of five.

I much prefer playing in 16 team leagues where the draft picks get a little trickier in the later rounds and there isn't as much to pick off the waiver. I'd be happy enough with 12 (three divisions of four) but I guess I could live with 10 if it comes to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dancun99

Could live 10 as well, but would prefer 12....all going well next year we could get up to 16 if we look for players early enough.....

Need one more person to sign up so we can get this going.

I think I've probably spammed the main thread enough. Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Paladonia wrote: »
    Need one more person to sign up so we can get this going.

I think I've probably spammed the main thread enough. Any other suggestions?

I'd be interested if there's a spot left.

Paladonia
    Dymo
    gstack166
    Dancun99
    Swiper the fox
    MayoSalmon
    ftse100
    wong
    LuckyLloyd
    NapoleonInRags

Great. That's 10. We can go ahead with two divisions of 5 if nobody else signs up.

I'll create a poll for a draft date shortly and we will need to agree on a buy-in fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Paladonia
    Dymo
    gstack166
    Dancun99
    Swiper the fox
    MayoSalmon
    ftse100
    wong
    LuckyLloyd
    NapoleonInRags

Great. That's 10. We can go ahead with two divisions of 5 if nobody else signs up.

I'll create a poll for a draft date shortly and we will need to agree on a buy-in fee.

50e seems to be consensus?
    Any chance we could forget about weekly or novelty prizes,
    I’d go big prize for winner and smaller for second and regular season, 60% and two 20%?

Great..... Thanks Paladonia for the continuous effort with the polls and everything to set it up.... 50Euro seems fine to me and looking forward to getting it up and running.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

I'm more comfortable with 20e tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dymo

Entry fee I'm easy on the price, the league is more for the keeping an interest than trying to win money. Not a fan of winner takes all, it keeps it interesting if you even have a 3rd or 4th place to play for.

https://doodle.com/poll/tvm9t7rbd5rspvsf

Please fill in the above poll to decide on a draft date and time. Please select ALL times that you are available for. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Dymo wrote: »
    Entry fee I'm easy on the price, the league is more for the keeping an interest than trying to win money. Not a fan of winner takes all, it keeps it interesting if you even have a 3rd or 4th place to play for.

I'm okay with 1st, 2nd, 3rd...probably would need to raise the entry fee then. Does the commish want to set up a whatsapp where we can discuss all this?

Yeah I'm happy to set up a WhatsApp group if people want to PM me their number. Alternatively, I was in a Slack group for a league last year that worked quite well if people aren't comfortable sharing their numbers.

Either way would be handy as Boards is blocked in work for me and the mobile site is really awkward.

I've created a Slack group at the link below. There's also an app for anyone who hasn't used it before.

I will get the league set up and invites out when I have access to a computer.

https://join.slack.com/t/boardsmoneybowl/shared_invite/enQtNzMxODg3MTYzMjE2LWY0YzRhYTVkODc5ZmI0MDJhNWU1ZWU1MmRiNGQ0YzU1YzIwMDU3OGM3MWU5NjE5ZTc5MzU5YTkxYWNjOWY3YjI

https://doodle.com/poll/tvm9t7rbd5rspvsf

Please fill in the above poll to decide on a draft date and time. Please select ALL times that you are available for. Cheers.

Done - I'm afraid I'm kinda restricted to the late times due to the presence of various small people at home...:rolleyes:

Think 50 is fine if the final 4 get paid, e.g. 50%-25%-15%-10%,....

Done - I'm afraid I'm kinda restricted to the late times due to the presence of various small people at home...:rolleyes:

How long is the draft going to take, 2-3 hours?

Dymo wrote: »
    How long is the draft going to take, 2-3 hours?

Depends on how long per pick but for a 10 player league it should be done in 75-90 minutes (30 seconds per pick average x 10 players x 15 rounds)

Depends on how long per pick but for a 10 player league it should be done in 75-90 minutes (30 seconds per pick average x 10 players x 15 rounds)

Thanks that sounds about right, I've seen auction drafts go on for 3 hours

https://doodle.com/poll/vkv8vmv9uu8ygc4y

Sorry about all these polls but let's settle on the buy-in amount.

You can select multiple options if, like me, you have no real preference.

The important thing is to confirm numbers I suppose,
    It’s no good having a 50e buy in (my preferred option) if it will prevent anybody else from playing, is this the case with anybody?
    I haven’t voted on draft time as I can’t be 100% sure anytime, will do my absolute best though to make it whenever

• Advertisement

You should all have hopefully received a PM from me with the latest developments. Hopefully we can get everyone signed up as soon as possible.
    It’s no good having a 50e buy in (my preferred option) if it will prevent anybody else from playing, is this the case with anybody?

Just to echo this. While I would be leaning towards the higher fee myself, it's easier for those wanting a higher fee to come down to a lower one than it is for those who may only be able to afford a lower fee to cough up a higher one.

I would rather have everyone involved than ask someone who is not comfortable handing over €50 to pay up.

Having said that, we will aim to go with the majority and there are still some who have yet to vote.

With 8 participants so far in the poll, 7 of those have voted for a €50 buy-in. Even with the remaining two participants yet to vote, this will be the winner. If anyone has a major issue with this, please make it known in this thread or PM me.

At the moment, the leading time/date for the draft is Monday 26 August at 10pm, but that could still change with 7 of 10 participants having voted so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Chestylerue

Well lads, I'd be interested in playing if there was another interested to make it a 12 team league? Would be happy with 50 buy in and free anytime for a draft. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sherpalover

Also interested and and happy with 50e buy in. Good to draft next Monday also. Cheers

Cheers lads!

I will get league invites out to you shortly.

Paladonia
    Dymo
    gstack166
    Dancun99
    Swiper the fox
    MayoSalmon
    ftse100
    wong
    LuckyLloyd
    NapoleonInRags
    Chestylerue
    sherpalover

PMs sent out re collecting fees.

Could I ask that everyone post in here with their team name so I can track who has/hasn't joined the league? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,131 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

LuckyLloyd
    League joined
    Fee sent

Swipers paid foxes

Away for a few more days, will send the money st the weekend

My team name is Tigers, Lions and Bears - Oh My

Fee paid.

Bring it on!

• Advertisement

Who Dem Saints......

Will sort out payment in the next few days before the draft....

Advertisement