Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor AU Season 6

Options
  • 25-07-2019 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭

Worth its own thread!

Love that superfan guy (Andy) who built and trained with all the games. He really thinks he will win, and he really thinks he will be considered an allstar. It won't help unless his social game is good though.... I think he might be a bit too cocky for his own good.

Good mix of contestants, but the champions definitely skew a bit older than the contenders.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

Off to watch the 2nd episode there. I have mixed emotions about the teams. In the challenges I'm cheering on the champions because of their age, next second I'm cheering on the contenders. I love the mullet guy. He's so passionate about things lol.
    Is Andy the guy with the golf hat?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

norabattie wrote: »
    Off to watch the 2nd episode there. I have mixed emotions about the teams. In the challenges I'm cheering on the champions because of their age, next second I'm cheering on the contenders. I love the mullet guy. He's so passionate about things lol.
    Is Andy the guy with the golf hat?

Yeah he told them he was a freelance journalist writing about golf!

It's so good. Loving it! Never seen an episode of Survivor ever so this is such a novelty to me.
    Liking Luke the guy from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm up to episode 5 now. I think this is up there with the best seasons from the US version. It's so good!

Shifting alliances, blind sides, immunity idols (real and fake), no post-game redemption crap, full reward and immunity challenges in all episodes (some are very long and tough too). It's just consistently entertaining.

Yeah the fake idol thing was genius wasn't it. I can see David getting his comeuppance sooner rather than later though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Mr E wrote: »
    I'm up to episode 5 now. I think this is up there with the best seasons from the US version. It's so good!

Shifting alliances, blind sides, immunity idols (real and fake), no post-game redemption crap, full reward and immunity challenges in all episodes (some are very long and tough too). It's just consistently entertaining.

Its been better than US Survivor for 3 straight seasons, its longer episodes, less gimmicks, less drama, and shows life at camp way better. While still throwing in some idols but not a stupid amount of them. It much closer to the original contest we as all fans fell in love with.

Episode 6 was great. Two seriously tough physical challenges. No spoilers, but looking forward to episode 7. :o

Episode 9 was a cracker! What a tribal!

Yeah David was fairly sweating it LOL

Ok Realised I was an episode behind there. That last Tribal was brilliant

• Advertisement

Episode 10 was a good one too... David is some chancer. I'm surprised people didn't realise what the big pile of popcorn on the ground meant. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Little rossie

Brilliant season so far this year. As others have said better than the American Survivor. Not as sanitised. Cannot understand how David is playing everyone and getting away with it. Some of the challenges have been very tough. Episode 11 is a good one.

12, brilliant. Another great tribal.
    Fair play to
    Harry
    . Playing his heart out.

12, brilliant. Another great tribal.
    Fair play to
    Harry
    . Playing his heart out.

The tears. How cringe was that :D How soon to the merge?

Pretty soon. Usually at the half way point and they are there now.

Episode 13: Ouch! Could have been worse. I wonder if the challenge crew got grief for the snapped rope?

Episode 14: Merged. Unpredictable. Loved the parting shot by the evictee!

Sunday looks like it will be fun. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

ooh didn't know Ep 14 was up yet :)
    Yeah mega ouch! Looked way worse at first glance. Someone defintely getting a B*ollocking over that!! I'd say they were lucky with who took the tumble.

Oh Andy - that was priceless

Episode 15 - some savage challenges, a brilliant reward and a frantic tribal.
    Fair play to the two guys left in the water challenge.
    Big blindside
    tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

This is my first time posting on this thread.
    I've been pretty much binge watching it as much as possible.

Just finished episode 13. All I can say is ouch! Poor guy

• Advertisement

16 - Wow. What a tribal. :eek:

I thought I could see him put 2+2 together during the pre-vote discussion. Pure stubbornness!

Took it like a champ though. :)

16 - Wow. What a tribal. :eek:

I thought I could see him put 2+2 together during the pre-vote discussion. Pure stubbornness!

Took it like a champ though. :)

The way it was edited I was full sure he was after copping on to what was going to happen :D
    It was really well played. Delighted haha. Even
    Lukey
    didn't see it coming, but his reaction was funny.

17 - That balance challenge was excellent. Great TV.

I'm good at the plank. I wonder how long I'd have lasted.
    I thought Janine would have had that. She's big in to yoga and core strength as far as I recall.

Sorry to see the latest evictee go. Great character. :)

Sad to see
    John
    go. I was a big fan. Always knew that
    daisy wouldn't have the guts to play it for someone else.
    Harry was right on the ball with what was going to happen. I wonder how the first two jury members got on locked up together!

Daisy will go soon enough cos she's too nervous to play the game properly. Gutted about
    John
    . Janine is getting a little too smug for me now too. TBH I hope Lukey wins the whole thing but can't see that happening either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

TBH now the last person left I don't really care who wins!

Dovies wrote: »
    TBH now the last person left I don't really care who wins!

Yeah i was rooting for him. He was my fave. But i'd be happy to see Luke win too

I wouldn't mind Luke winning, his back story is heartbreaking so I'd love him to get the cash. I'm also rooting for Pia. I think she's been playing it very well and only Janine seems to know what she's up to. Janine would also be a great advocate for her on jury. (Haven't seen the latest episode yet so hopefully they are both still there!)

18: More great challenges. That vertical version of twister was such a great idea.
    The amount of wheeling and dealing in the last 20 minutes was fantastic. I had no idea who was going to go... :)

• Advertisement

19 was fantastic .

Advertisement