Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fit4Less Santry gym closure

Options
  • 22-07-2019 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Went for a workout at 9pm tonight. Got a email there saying the gym closed down. Cannot believe it. Why would a gym close? Money issues ?

Here’s what it said:

Dear Member,

Regrettably, due to circumstances beyond our control,
    it is with a heavy heart that we are having to cease trading with immediate effect.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

Went for a workout at 9pm tonight. Got a email there saying the gym closed down. Cannot believe it. Why would a gym close? Money issues ?

Here’s what it said:

Dear Member,

Regrettably, due to circumstances beyond our control,
    it is with a heavy heart that we are having to cease trading with immediate effect.

It's Ireland.. Somebody probably lashed a claim in because they were stiff for days after a workout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Rents in Omni are extortionate, and on an upward only scale. That and rates, plus a miriad of other cost factors. I'd say they just went belly up

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

thehamo wrote: »
    Rents in Omni are extortionate, and on an upward only scale. That and rates, plus a miriad of other cost factors. I'd say they just went belly up

All of a sudden it’s back open after me cancelling my direct debit!

In an unexpected email sent late last night, you were informed that the F4L club in Santry was closing.

This information came from a Franchisee of énergie Ireland and is as a result of the Franchisee’s trading company being ‘struck off’ at the Company Registration Office which was beyond our control. énergie Ireland will take steps to re-open the club today or tomorrow with the same staff under énergie Ireland management. Your membership is not at risk.

We sincerely apologise for the rogue actions of this franchisee and we assure you that we have the best interests of our members at heart and will be open for business soon. We will send another email and social media communications out later today to keep you informed,

Jim Durie

CEO energieireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

thehamo wrote: »

They were paying 80,000 euros per annum before rates as far as i know. I hope they are now one of the gyms opening back on the 29th of this month. Cant wait to get in there and pump some guns:D

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

I noticed that after this gym closed permanently on 25th June 2020, they have taken €24.99 from my account via direct debit on 1st October 2020. I have now cancelled the direct debit. My bank says I can claim a refund, but I’ll have to fill out a physical form. My wife was also charged, so I recommend checking your account. The direct debit reference was “Harlands Re E SEPA DD”.

• Advertisement
Advertisement