Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Changer

Options
  • 21-07-2019 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

I'd like to proposes 50 lashes for the next person that mentions something being a f**king "Game Changer"!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Teebor15 wrote: »
    I'd like to proposes 50 lashes for the next person that mentions something being a f**king "Game Changer"!!!

You are dead right, bringing that in would be an absolute game changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Thought you were asking for a game charger, was going to ask what type.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Is miserable "we’ll never amount to much" drivel more your cup of tea?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Teebor15

BBM77 wrote: »
    Is miserable "we’ll never amount to much" drivel more your cup of tea?

Not at all, I'm all for positivity, etc. Its just the term "Game Changer". It was first coined locally when the North Quays was announced. Now its suddenly being attached to every snippet of good news, by politicians, the media, business people, etc. I suppose it's just the cool hip phrase that's in at the moment. Now I'm off to Sketchers to get a new pair of shoes, they're going to be a total game changer for me when it come to footwear!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Amen to that, 'jewel in the crown' is another one every councillor seems to parrot consistently too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Teebor15

Max Powers wrote: »
    Amen to that, 'jewel in the crown' is another one every councillor seems to parrot consistently too.

Or "Get it over the line" politicians are always trying to get things over the line!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Or "Get it over the line" politicians are always trying to get things over the line!

Its another popular one, I don't mind so much as at least it appears in a more constructive way than some councillor just gasbagging.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

What phrase would you prefer:
    "a step change"?
    "taking us to the next level"?
    "Setting the bar higher"?
    "playing in the Premier League"?
    "playing Senior Hurling"?
    "crossing the Rubicon"?
    "Entering the Dragon"?
    "Dancing at the Crossroads"?

Advertisement