Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowpiercer [TNT/Netflix] (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Episode 2 and I'm now fully shipping Ruth and Pike ...which is not something I would ever have predicted. Will always give time for any show that tries for a middle-aged romance, being as they're often less melodramatically inclined.

Not much actually happened though, and I'm not sure where I stand with Layton's visions. It'll all be in the execution and just how directed the plot will be by them. Let him be wrong enough that it could all be a coincidence and in his head.

I still chuckle at how Try Hard Till remains, even now. All the swagger and that slightly impractical haircut. At least we don't have the popped collar anymore.

Also, I think I hate LJ more than Wilfred. I don't know how that's possible, but here we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

3.4: Damn but what a pressence

Jennifer Connelly brings to the show! Even when immaterial!

Hrmmm.. Wilford.. I wonder if he's knocked weaker by this.. or gonna go on the warpath.

Javi has really been done by that dog!

Oh, and separately

Ruth and Pike gettin their Hole n startin their own Rebellion! 😁

She's come along way from almost losing her arm during the last few episodes

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Episode 3 and the Battlestar comparisons continue with Layton pulling an Adama; a big lie to convince the fleet train to gamble on the unknown. Was expecting the two trains drama to continue for a few more episodes so I'm curious where things go from here; feels like there's only so much push and pull you can have with these 2 factions before things get repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

Did Ben & Javi spend the entire 7 years (from departure to Tailie uprising in Season 1 isolated in the engine?

Did anyone know they were in there or did everyone think it was just Wilford?

I’m assuming they did as they and Melanie were the only ones qualified for a lot of work on the train part from the engine but I don’t remember them ever being away from the engine in Season 1.

Also I can remember in season 1 that Josie spoke with an accent - I couldn’t quite place it - but I also remember that there were times when that she didn’t speak with that accent.

Am I confusing her with someone else?

• Advertisement

As far as I recall, Josie always had an English accent, though can't be sure who you might be confusing her with. Maybe Zara, given there always has been that love triangle going on.

not confusing her with Zara - and I can’t imagine who I was mixing her up with either.

i think maybe it it more a general confusion related to old age rather than the show itself :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Why am I not seeing SP on Netflix menu?

Edit. Just realised I had changed my parental settings.

Post edited by SouthWesterly on

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That's where I watched it today. Was just in my "continue watching" list.

As for the new episode

I guess Pike just likes to be revolting against something. Of course he also blames Layton for leaving and now taking Ruth from him.

Did they leave Wilford unguarded?

I think genuinely believes that Ruth is the better leader. And the better person.

And I can see his point, Layton pressured Pike into murdering for him (it was murder because Terence didn’t stand a chance). Layton also stole the engine that lead to a death and suffering for a lot of good people.

Ruth may have been a part of that plan and been left behind by mistake but she stepped up asa a leader and kept a lot of people alive.

Ruth may have been on the wrong side and done bad things in the previous 7 years but she is redeeming herself.

If it was just about Layton he would face him. I think it about putting Ruth in power.

Layton, to be perfectly honest, is a bit of a prick at times. He was in charge 5 minutes a and was living in a first class carriage while others are still in the tail.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why he wants to be with Zara. Even taking Josie (the better woman) out of the equation, Zara is an asshole. :p

I’m curious about the reason for sticking him in front of the TV with old cartoons. We don’t see anyone guarding Wilford but it doesn’t mean there isn’t. He can’t do much anyway at the moment. I couldn’t quite make out the meaning of the look on his face though - is he out of it or scheming already?

• Advertisement

3.5: Well Lena Hall (Audrey) sure can carry a note.

I'm a bit lost on the motivate that

Pike has to kill Layton. Maybe I've forgotten something from before. It all just seems a bit much from what I do remember.

It all just felt a bit wierd

No I think a Pike vs. Layton situation has been coming since he made Pike kill Terence.

It was dick of a thing to do - should have just killed the guy himself. Or removed him from the position.

What I don’t understand is why anyone who knows New Eden is a lie is going along with Layton? It is completely made up (as far as they know - viewers can assume the visions actually mean something).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm guessing the final episode of the season will be similar to the ending of the movie

Layton and some others get kicked off the train and see a polar bear and trees etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Interesting, following that could some of them be

The seven people who left the train? I think that the events of the TV show are supposed to be prior to the film,and in the same universe...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

TNT’s Snowpiercer is, technically, a reimagined version of the 2013 film of the same name directed by Bong Joon-Ho

I had been a little confused if the TV show was the same universe as the film, but enough seemed different by now I presumed they were separate. Good to have it confirmed.

Yup, I'm actually quite happy with the fact they're separate, it makes the future of the series a lot more interesting. I was kind of bummed to think they'd start spending episodes entirely focused on setting up things from the film or referencing them. Which has been a bit of a trend in some other Sci fi series to an annoying extent recently...

What made me suspect they were separate was Wilfred, basically. The guy in the show is a Pure Villain, an absolute malicious, manipulative individual. What I vaguely recall from the movie, that Wilfred was something of a detached, deluded creature; less emotional than Sean Bean's snarling version. Living in a weird void, oblivious to the train.

Yeah, if you were going to pick two actors on the very opposite of the spectrum I think Ed Harris and Sean Bean would definitely rank!

Duplicate post, my bad

• Advertisement

I dunno. Peaceful.. maybe. I feel so disconnected from his motivation.

3.6: well..

That's the end of Pike.

The fight itself felt a bit soft for Snowpiercer. Even the look of the blood was a bit 'oh right, that's computer blood' for me.

I dunno. Maybe the show is running outta steam or budget. Maybe the actor had to go off to something else.

Steven Ogg.. looks like he has a few films coming up: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1476804/

I did feel the did the Ruth loss side of the story well given the small few episodes used for it. Though that could well have been Alison Wrights performance.

The Last Mile Of The Way · Sam Cooke · The Soul Stirrers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

FYI The original film is on 11:10p.m. Wed 09 Mar 2022 on Film4

Episode 4 and well then. Is Ruth and Pike a potential new faction? It's a fair point that the two of them basically kept the show running while Layton chased his (lost?) cause, Layton even being something of a toxic presence in Pike's life (given the things the former asked of the latter). Can't see this heading anywhere except a reluctant opponent to what I'll presume becomes an increasing folly in Africa.

Suppose the only question will not be when does the lie fall apart, but how; can't see Wilfred becoming Godhead again, but maybe Ruth/Pike drumming the train against Layton's crusade.

3.7: Well, I guess every science fiction show needs a proper

dream episode.. and this one wasn't too bad. I liked the call backs to Laytons past and then the calendar revelation.

Also some glint of a return of Melanie

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With the recent comments about BSG here,

we get Kandyse McClure as Liana.

But glad to see where he got that image from and it wasn't just a vision.

Can see the Melanie reveal lead to another divide with Layton wanting to continue to New Eden but Alex wants to go to where Wilford said.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I have totally lost interest in S3, it's a meandering mess of storylines

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Struggled through the episode, plot barely advanced in favour of nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

That episode was 99% pointless.

• Advertisement

3.8: Well that felt like a decently made tight little episode that kept the budget tidy.

Huh.. I wasn't expecting Asha to be written out just like that. I thought she did well in that episode too.

Onwards I guess..

Tiny Train! 🙂 I dub three.. lil'Scoot 😁

Also what's going on in that doctors office.. feels like Wilford is up to something after all.

Advertisement