Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Arts Festival ticket prices

• 20-07-2019 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭ Little My

Hi all, just wondering what peoples thoughts are about the ticket prices.

I was looking forward to taking the kids to see The Star Child which I thought was aimed at kids. I love the fact that Galway has its Arts Festival, always look forward to seeing the program, and always try to make at least one show.

I just went online to book and am a bit shocked, and disappointed, as its going to cost €14 + €1.50 each for myself, husband and 2 kids to do it as a family. So €62 in total. Am I the only one who feels incredibly priced out by this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭ Laviski

Don't like the price don't go....

If more people have this mindset prices would be more price sensitive or event just won't be ran

Everyone happy then right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭ gordongekko

I know what you are saying but that price seems reasonable to me. The cost of bringing them here plus accommodation insurance etc is crazy. It is a commercial enterprise. 60 euro for an evenings entertainment for 4 seems ok value.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭ DaCor

To be honest, that's a fair price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ GalwayGrrrrrl

That is a reasonable price for a family show. Most shows in the local theatre are around 20-25 per seat outside of the arts festival, including local amateur musical societies and drama groups . Arts festival big top tickets are more like 40-50 euro. 3 arena shows in Dublin are closer to the 100 per ticket. I don’t see how they could make it any cheaper to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ GalwayGrrrrrl

Also there are usually a few free parades or shows aimed at families and the galleries are free. If you went to all the free things and paid for one set of tickets that’s a very good value weekend for international quality artists imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭ bertsmom

To be honest that seems a good price for an evenings entertainment for a full family.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭ Whereisgalway

The booking fee is ridiculous

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators Posts: 81,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭ biko

62 euro for 2 adults and 2 kids seems a bit much for a single performance of a kids show, but tbh, it's be the same price for a nice family meal of 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,239 ✭✭✭✭ Arghus

Prices can vary depending on what or who it is or where it's happening.

I will say that ticket prices can be fair or they can be expensive: they very rarely tend to be cheap.

What does annoy me a little is that you can pay, for example, fifty quid to see something in The Big Top, but on any given night there can be a lot of people there on freebies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭ gordongekko

Arghus wrote: »

What does annoy me a little is that you can pay, for example, fifty quid to see something in The Big Top, but on any given night there can be a lot of people there on freebies.

Youll find that at most gigs. Its just Galway is so small you are bound to bump into someone on a freebie :) There was loads of tickets floating around last night due to the weather more so than the act

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭ The Lost Sheep

60 quid for 4 tickets isnt that bad but probably plenty of family focused events in fringe festival that will certainly be much cheaper than that

Advertisement