Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arts Festival ticket prices

• 20-07-2019 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Hi all, just wondering what peoples thoughts are about the ticket prices.

I was looking forward to taking the kids to see The Star Child which I thought was aimed at kids. I love the fact that Galway has its Arts Festival, always look forward to seeing the program, and always try to make at least one show.

I just went online to book and am a bit shocked, and disappointed, as its going to cost €14 + €1.50 each for myself, husband and 2 kids to do it as a family. So €62 in total. Am I the only one who feels incredibly priced out by this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

Don't like the price don't go....

If more people have this mindset prices would be more price sensitive or event just won't be ran

Everyone happy then right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

I know what you are saying but that price seems reasonable to me. The cost of bringing them here plus accommodation insurance etc is crazy. It is a commercial enterprise. 60 euro for an evenings entertainment for 4 seems ok value.

To be honest, that's a fair price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

That is a reasonable price for a family show. Most shows in the local theatre are around 20-25 per seat outside of the arts festival, including local amateur musical societies and drama groups . Arts festival big top tickets are more like 40-50 euro. 3 arena shows in Dublin are closer to the 100 per ticket. I don’t see how they could make it any cheaper to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Also there are usually a few free parades or shows aimed at families and the galleries are free. If you went to all the free things and paid for one set of tickets that’s a very good value weekend for international quality artists imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

To be honest that seems a good price for an evenings entertainment for a full family.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

The booking fee is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

62 euro for 2 adults and 2 kids seems a bit much for a single performance of a kids show, but tbh, it's be the same price for a nice family meal of 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Prices can vary depending on what or who it is or where it's happening.

I will say that ticket prices can be fair or they can be expensive: they very rarely tend to be cheap.

What does annoy me a little is that you can pay, for example, fifty quid to see something in The Big Top, but on any given night there can be a lot of people there on freebies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Arghus wrote: »

What does annoy me a little is that you can pay, for example, fifty quid to see something in The Big Top, but on any given night there can be a lot of people there on freebies.

Youll find that at most gigs. Its just Galway is so small you are bound to bump into someone on a freebie :) There was loads of tickets floating around last night due to the weather more so than the act

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

60 quid for 4 tickets isnt that bad but probably plenty of family focused events in fringe festival that will certainly be much cheaper than that

Advertisement