Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

20th of July Boxing (Thurman v Pacquiao & Whyte v Rivas)

• 20-07-2019 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭

First good night of boxing in a long time. The Thurman v Pacquiao card is superb.

Think Whyte might have a few issues but come out with the win. Might need friendly cards. Rivas is solid imo.

Slightly favouring Thurman tonight but there's so many unknowns with both I couldn't possibly pick a winner with any conviction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭megadodge

That was a brutal KO by Chisora.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

I'm so ashamed of how excited I am for Allen/Price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭weemcd

Filthy from Chisora there, I was thinking that was gonna be an interesting match but he put that one to bed.

I'd be leaning towards Whyte and Thurman winning later, might have a nibble on Thurman because he is a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

I think Price is boxing really well to be fair. Nice jab goin and landing some nice uppercuts. Hopefully his stamina holds up and he can get a win for himself.

• Moderators Posts: 8,700 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Fair play to Price - a top man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Delighted for Price. Not that I hate David Allen, but for Price to keep coming back after those knockouts shows real courage. Particularly knowing that he is always within a hare's breath of being viciously knocked out with that chin of his. To go in there knowing that he has such a huge vulnerability and still accept the call is hugely admirable.

Bellew has chunked up a fair bit.

Well there's a small part of my life I'll never get back. Bizarre from start to finish.

Not a great fight to watch but Price boxed to his strengths and used his frame well. Made up for him tbh, I've no opinion on Allen one way or the other, but I can't help but root for Price.

Big big risk for Dillian Whyte. You have to admire his b@lls for taking the fight, I think anybody else would have sat it out and waited out for the title shot. Hope he wins and gets the fight against Povetkin.

F**k sake, the spanish inquisition of Dillian Whyte and him trying to get ready for the fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

This is chronic, get on with the boxing

Whyte very tentative here. And rightly so. This guy is a serious dude, really throwing here in the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Whyte looking comfortable enough here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

whyte is blowing out his arsehole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Good knockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

What's happening in this fight??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Rivas need a KO in the last 2 here you'd think.

I'm a fan of Whyte but the Sky bias is making me shout for Rivas.

Great fight as usual from Dillian, always makes the fights entertaining. Rivas must knock him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭duffman13

Yeah whyte has kept the fight at his pace bar that one knockdown, I'd have whyte 4 rounds up even with the knockdown

I'm a fan of Whyte but the Sky bias is making me shout for Rivas.

Great fight as usual from Dillian, always makes the fights entertaining. Rivas must knock him out.

Agreed but to be fair, I like Whyte cause he'll fight anyone. Rivas has been disappointing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,426 ✭✭✭✭banie01

duffman13 wrote: »
    Yeah whyte has kept the fight at his pace bar that one knockdown, I'd have whyte 4 rounds up even with the knockdown

Same after the 11th I have Whyte 5 up even tho he was knocked.

banie01 wrote: »
    Same after the 11th I have Whyte 5 up even tho he was knocked.

Just needs to keep outta trouble here and it's a win

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well, it has turned out to be a far better scrap than I expected. Whyte a points winner imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

Rivas is decent

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

116-111 x 1, 115-112 x2 Unanimous decision Whyte.

Whyte was wobbled at a few points tonight and definitely gassed before he got put down, against a bigger puncher/opponent and this could have ended badly for Whyte, but he gritted his teeth and saw it out. Reasonably good scrap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Big money being bet on a draw for the Pacquiao fight.

Incredible. What a fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Split decision a joke but thankfully Pacman was on the right end of it. What a fighter. Fair play to Thurman for reaching the final bell. Was hurt badly a couple of times but recovered well. Pacquiao Spence early next year could be tasty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Am i wrong for wanting mayweather v pacquiao 2?
    I feel a bit dirty for suggesting it.

Advertisement