Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Moan Again, Naturally: Liveline 18/07/2019 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

sligojoek wrote: »
    I was out of the pub this evening answering a phonecall. I got a slap into the eye from a total stranger. Cops were on the case in minutes. He'd left a trail o destruction before he got to me. My glasses and phone are in sh1t.
    I'd ring Joe of the phone was still working.

Are you cast down petal? You were possibly almost perhaps had a narrow escape from a one punch kill murder so to speak....

Joking aside hope the ne’er do well didn’t ruin your night so to speak

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Jeff2 wrote: »
    :D
    So not Dublin the kip or was it.

No. Outside my local in Sligo. Cops said he just got out of Castlerea on Friday.
    What colour is your eye now caller?

Sorry for your troubles btw.

Black blue and yellow.

I was out of the pub this evening answering a phonecall. I got a slap into the eye from a total stranger. Cops were on the case in minutes. He'd left a trail o destruction before he got to me. My glasses and phone are in sh1t.
    Ah here, sorry to hear that. All joking aside, that can be weirdly upsetting. I once got a box on the jaw walking up Dame Street (no reason -- just some lad off his head) and after initially finding it odd/ funny, I took a seriously foul temper for days after.

No excuse for that kind of dickish behaviour, even if they're "unwell". Everyone has their crosses to bear, and most of us do it without punching random lads in the street.

Ah here, sorry to hear that. All joking aside, that can be weirdly upsetting. I once got a box on the jaw walking up Dame Street (no reason -- just some lad off his head) and after initially finding it odd/ funny, I took a seriously foul temper for days after.

No excuse for that kind of dickish behaviour, even if they're "unwell". Everyone has their crosses to bear, and most of us do it without punching random lads in the street.

I remember being in a seriously foul temper for a week or two myself, after being mugged crossing the road at the Five Lamps. Was brought down to ground, fortunately no traffic to run over me. All he got was £25, which I’d just collected from a Lottery win. Had the manuscript of a buke I was co-writing, and had not yet got a backup of the fully finished manuscript. Access to computers & disks was in its infancy then. Fortunately de unwell didn’t rob the bag it was in, because I kept it in a black bin bag and he thought I was on my way to dump it. Ever since then I make very sure carry anything important in a bin sack.

Sorry to hear this, not at all nice to experience that. Men are in danger simply minding their own business, not right. I hope this geezer sees the inside of Castlerea very soon again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Sorry to hear this, not at all nice to experience that. Men are in danger simply minding their own business, not right. I hope this geezer sees the inside of Castlerea very soon again.
    He has his own private suite there with meals provided and free use of the gym facilities

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Did anybody hear the little dig that Niall Boylan had about Joe Duffy the other day. He said that he could not believe that Joe Duffy said that "Ireland did not belong to the irish". He thought that it was ridiculous that Joe Duffy, who is always going on about of 1916, should say that ireland did not belong to the Irish, and that those involved in 1916 would be rolling in their graves if they heard what he said.

It's at 10:25 in to this clip.

Sorry to hear about your bit of trouble sligojoe.

Don't get too cast down at being traduced by this man. note: please don't name him or refer to his ethnicity.

Thanks for the good wishes folks. My eyelid is black but there's no swelling. I think the glasses took the brunt of it. I did a bit of googling his name and he's had a fairly illustrious career. Seeing what he's done to a few others in the past, I got off very lightly.

Thanks for the good wishes folks. My eyelid is black but there's no swelling. I think the glasses took the brunt of it. I did a bit of googling his name and he's had a fairly illustrious career. Seeing what he's done to a few others in the past, I got off very lightly.

Glasses can be expensive. My own are a very peculiar prescription that have to be hand crafted bespoke and cost about €600. Pity you can’t sue him, I’m sure he’d be suing for damage to his fist from its contact with a person’s head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Did anybody hear the little dig that Niall Boylan had about Joe Duffy the other day. He said that he could not believe that Joe Duffy said that "Ireland did not belong to the irish". He thought that it was ridiculous that Joe Duffy, who is always going on about of 1916, should say that ireland did not belong to the Irish, and that those involved in 1916 would be rolling in their graves if they heard what he said.

I'm so shocked that you're a Niall Boylan fan. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭mountain

You can’t call it black!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Jeff2

mountain wrote: »
    You can’t call it black!!

True, Or say its knackered for a few days. :)

Glasses can be expensive. My own are a very peculiar prescription that have to be hand crafted bespoke and cost about €600. Pity you can’t sue him, I’m sure he’d be suing for damage to his fist from its contact with a person’s head.

Mine are bog standard specsavers. They're from 2 prescriptions ago. I keep them as spares for when I use the angle grinder or going to the pub. No great loss as they're fairly scuffed. Appointment booked for thurday as I lost my present prescription ones in Dublin in Feb. Long finger and all that. I'm a lot more pi$$ed off over the phone. Still working but the screen is in bits. Should have a new one before the weekend. Not holding out on that c**t coughing up for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Duffy is getting enough out of RTE / etc to buy enough Duffy land and thats all that matters to Joe .

pinkyeye wrote: »

I'm not. But you feel free to make whatever assumptions you want and roll your eyes whichever way you think makes you feel the most superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

pinkyeye wrote: »

I'm not a JD fan but I listen to the programme.

A-ha, that explains my completely unnecessary and OTT ban then!

JOKE!!!!

In all your visits to de nice bright airy Aer Fungus lounge have you not sat in close proximity to de Great One on occasion?

Personally I find de seats in Business Class do be a little hard on de Aer Fungus, Dey kept me wakeful all de way to SF.
    Not De Great One, but many others. For a while it seemed like I was meeting Dara O’Briain in particular once a week.....

Another chap who was there a lot was Professional Southsider Craig Doyle. He also used to park his vehickle in the staff area (where Mick Wallace left his branded vehickle more than once so to speak). I spotted this one morning as he was parking at the same time as I was (adjacent to the staff area so to speak).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭thesandeman

I wonder if there will be any mention of the popular entertainer who was caught with de heroin and dat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Do you want to tell me who it is caller?

When you've got to go, you've got to go

• Registered Users Posts: 14,731 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Savages

• Registered Users Posts: 38,839 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

"Dey'll not see ye through the glass, son."
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

A little boy in a desperate way mightn’t have an option .... nosey bag

Reminds me, I was in Central Park many years ago with my daughter (then about 6 years old) when I spotted a fella relieving himself against a tree. He was seriously (ahem) well-endowed so rather than have my girl traumatised for life, we diverted away just in time to avoid a sighting.... That must have stuck with me, it's nearly 30 years ago....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I was in Drawda one of the days that the flah was on. Huge crowds on the streets but no public toilet facilities that I could see.
    What are people supposed to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I blame the store for not putting a bucket behind the door....

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Bonkers.ie on board as the new Liveline sponsor. Intriguing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,731 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

She seems to see a lot of people having a slash.

Hmm....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement